HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!! RON! RON!! RON!!! RON RON RON! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!! RON! RON!! RON!!! RON RON RON! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=luPTlhKdU88
youtube.com/watch?v=BHL9ao4hIjo
gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8Re0msGfhUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TOTALLY DRAINED OF BLOOD

chapter 306 when?

I can't believe Akagi fucking dies

WASHIZU-SAMA ON THE FRONT PAGE!

You stupid fuck should've put that on spoiler, there's people who didn't know that (even though Akagi is actually a spin-off of Ten, so you could've guess it if you read that too).

Sup Forums, what's your favorite Akagi quote?
Doesn't have to be from the madman himself, just from the manga in general.

Probably this one for obvious reasons. Also this youtube.com/watch?v=luPTlhKdU88 seriously though, every humanistic speech is awesome, Kaiji, Akagi, it doesn't matter; as long it's Fukumoto we're talking about, you're in for some serious philosophy.

It's a meme you dip

E N D L E S S E J A C U L A T I O N

Here's a recent favorite of mine. It's short, but perfect.

ur mom is a meme you absolute ballsack

30+ volume young Washizu manga when?

Quoting Ten would be too easy, so I'll go with this speech.
Can't believe I missed the smile reference.

atame hane

Will Kaiji get his shit together?

What do you mean?

stop being a lazy piece of shit

Yes. Well, technically we're still on that same night.

Oh that, lol. By the way, on a completely different note i want to ask something to the awesome fandom of Fukumoto-sensei... Why is Kurosawa so appreciated? I mean, i didn't read it all the way through so obviously i'm being a bit retarded here, but i often see people commenting things like >tfw no Kurosawa adaptation or even things like "if you ignore the first manga, Kurosawa is top notch", okay but why it's so good in your opinion? Why not a Buraiden Gai, Gin to Kin or Ten adaptation? Just curious.

I wish 7447 wasn't always empty.

>i didn't read it all the way through
You've answered your own question.

I remember Kurosawa being a good commentary on human condition with a 10/10 ending. I like Ten better but Kurosawa would be much easier to adapt.

Why play on 7447? Is it for english speakers or something?

Pretty much. It's to dick around when you don't want to play ranked games.

Thanks for the answer man, i'll stick to it then.

come play

can someone please explain to me Tobaku Haouden Zero: Gyanki-hen's ending? it feels so rushed...

I'll take a break, I've exhausted all my luck yesterday by making a comeback win on a haitei ron.

Oops meant for

>tfw too much of a brainlet for mahjong
Are the moves akagi pulling off really that impressive when done in real life, outside of the mind games?

This.

Cliffhanger to make you read the sequel (which might come soon now that Akagi is over)

Well, that's reasonable.

Adapting Gai would be realistic since it's only 5 volumes compared to 11 of Kurosawa

best memes

The nose reduction for DVD version truly was the low point for japan.

Just saw this video... youtube.com/watch?v=BHL9ao4hIjo what the actual fuck.

what the fuck? seriously? i liked dem noses.
kaiji VR? wait what.

Depends. Some of them are legit, like when Akagi deals the dora after someone's riichi to make his bluff more convincing by risking his life, forcing the blind guy to deal into the other guy's hand to end the round (sashikomi).

His bluffs against Washizu would most likely work in a similar context, depending on the opponent. The impressive part is how accurately Akagi reads other people's hands based on their discards and their habits. In the first round he managed to pinpoint Washizu's wait and wait on the same tile to steal his win (his ron comes first)
Sometimes it's pretty insane, like when he rons Urabe on the last discard, with a single wait. That's the kind of stuff that'd happen once in a million times or so, because he noticed Urabe usually deals one from a pair when he folds.

tldr: Akagi's moves are pretty insane because on top of making efficient hands like most players do, he reads into them like books and gets them where he wants to.

I think Akagi has mostly dumb quotes, but mostly interesting themes. I think my favorite was that chapter where Washizu thought himself brilliant, overwhelmingly bright, brighter than the brightest star, and then after Akagi managed to win it zoomed out until Washizu's brightness was only a blip.

Akagi vs. Washizu was so atypical. It was like a version of the Seventh Seal where death is the main character.

I have a feeling that my enjoyment of the manga would improve heavily if I knew the severity of the situation or how good a hand could be, or how insane a play could have been. Currently at like chapter 100 or so, should I read up on the basics/rulesets and then come back or just trek through it since they narrate what's happening anyway?

Gai is mediocre. The rich villain showing up at the end and monologuing for five chapters about how juvenile delinquents were trash made the entire manga suck.

2:0

wanpin

You'll enjoy it either way but knowing the rules is better.

Play a few games on gamedesign.jp/flash/mahjong/mahjong_e.html
The basic rules are explained right below (make 4 sets and 1 pair to win) and pic related shows the winning hands you can make. You don't have to know them all by heart, just keep the sheet around.

You appreciate some of it more if you can play but it's still good if you can't. But riichi is a fun game anyway if you ever want to learn it.

I forgot to add but sometimes you can call other people's tiles (Pon to complete a set of same tiles, Chi to steal the tile the guy at your left just played to complete a set of consecutive numbered tiles). It helps going faster but it makes your hand cheaper and you won't be able to win with it unless your hand has one of the winning condition (yaku) shown in the picture I posted, the game won't let you ron/tsumo.

ippin*

>tfw no amphetamine fueled super long gambling nights

Iipin*

I re-watched this recently and I was surprised how during the e-card match I laughed perfectly along with this old fuck. Dammit life

qt

Let's play.

the single good comic strip out of that pile of nonsense

Fuck you Osamu, Akagi is perfect

Put that Fukumoto All Shits away from me.

Is it really that bad?

I don't know other people's opinion regarding this matter, but personally i think that a cross-over would be a great thing, yes, but not if done this way. I mean, fuck super-deformed man; i would understand some characters he created, but some of them are too legendary to become some gag based chibi bullshit, imho.

>paarenchan
c-c-c-c-combo breaker!

A good FKMT crossover would pretty much be the best manga ever.

Btw, gg, sorry for the power outage.

>in b4 Tenma's rival says this to Ichikawa: Is your vision bad?

From what I remember they called Junko a man in a drag, bunch of speedreaders. And their old Akagi was just a boring cute old man. Maybe more. It was a quick buck thing to sell keychains.

I want genderbent fukumoto High school one.

who are they

Akagi, Akagi Shigeru.

And Kurosawa's actual delinquent girl

>le passed out before he can win maymay

jojo already did it

IIPIN

WASHI-CHAN NO IIPIN

>tfw can't stop losing horribly
I'm far too much of a brainlet to play this game.

GET THE FUCK OUT FROM MY THREAD YOU WEEB TRASH, STOP TAMPERING THIS TOO.

>weeb trash
You need to go back.

jojo sucks asses though, while kaiji/akagi don't. also, the two things are completely unrelated.

He' older than Akagi and had more blood taken from him

Just go for pinfu tanyao riichi all the time, or open tanyao if your hand is slow, that's enough to be decent.
Also avoid dealing dangerous tiles near the end

Where do you think you are?

Pretty sure there are people here who read both for years and years and you can't do a single thing about it.

>Reminder that this thing exists in the rice fields youtube.com/watch?v=8Re0msGfhUI

Yeah, there's no stopping shit taste

How do I avoid dealing dangerous tiles when I'm trying to hold out for that last tile to complete my hand?

New Shinohayu trailer released?

fold the hand if you're sure that the tile you have to discard will make someone win

So, do we know what happens in the last chapter?

So if one wants to follow your reasoning you're saying if i've known Star Wars and Crash Bandicoot for years and years suddenly the two things becomes related. user. Please.

>Now you can become a broke loser who keeps betting his organs non-stop!
What value!

Depends, if someone hasn't discarded one suit but he discarded the two others then there's a good chance he's going for Hon Itsu, so don't discard from the dangerous suit. You can tell things get dangerous when someone starts discarding lots of useful tiles (34567), dora and the such. Or calls riichi. Or called 2 or 3 time. That's when you see if you have to push or fold.

Calm down.

i kek'd and all but on a serious note, watching fukumoto-sensei playing it was priceless, even if for a few seconds. ( )

Unrelated but I've taken this picture while being at some science exhibition for small kids. Apparently most of people are afraid of heights but it's gone over the time of exposing to it. Kaiji badass punching people left and right confirmed for a shitty go home club member back in the days.

One option is to hold said dangerous tiles and make a pair or group with them, at times sacrificing other already existing pairs or groups. Btw, gg again!

I haven't had any success with pons.

Hard to pon anything other than 1279 or honors.

1289*

distasteful

Dammit, had a baiman hand in the south round, but screwed it up in the last all, dealing into a baiman hand on the houtei. I can't believe that. A chinitsu, iitsu, ipeikou hand. That was insane. I almost thought I was going to be able to pull it into a nine gates, my first yakuman, but I couldn't delay the hand.

Can't believe I fucked it up at the start, I thought the guy to my left was waiting on pinzu tiles.