Why isn't it popular?

Why isn't it popular?

?
The mummins are as root anime as NGE.

Popular in where?

IDK what season are you talking about but the new one is dogshit.

Just the series in general

I think it suffers from the same thing Ushio to Tora did earlier last year (or was it two years ago? Jesus). It's too old, pretty niche, and has a lot of elements that Western audiences who aren't well versed in the subject matter would just miss. For example, when I first started reading it, I knew jack shit about Chinese mythology, beliefs, and history, which is a big part of Houshin Engi.

Essentially it's a very, very acquired taste.

The new anime is shit. The old one was popular enough, but didn't really air in most English speaking countries. Like, if this shit had been on Toonami or something, it could have been popular enough.

Is Ushio and Tora worth checking out? I'm usually up for anything that has a Kenji Ohtsuki OP.

I thought it was awesome, but I guess it's not for everyone. Threads when it was airing had like 30 people tops and I guess they cut out a couple boring arcs, but ultimately the anime is the best version you're gonna get. I'd say check it out.

Shounenfags don't care about shit that's not a big Jump series.
Everyone else doesn't care about shounenshit.

Lack of diffusion back then. Also the majority of the former small western fanbase is gone now.
The manga was good tho.

I didn't pick it up because there's another anime I haven't watched and manga I haven't read.

Damn, I remember this airing on Locomotion!

But it was a big Jump series

It's fun as hell. Voice acting was great too.

;_;

It's great and absolutely nothing like the shitshow that is the Houshin Engi anime.

Should I watch the anime or read the manga?

coz the anime shat on the original manga,

same thing happened to chrono crusade. I read the manga yesterday it was pretty good then i rewatched the animo, it was dog shit.

That's too close. Too close.

Same here

Had to hold back tears

Those were the good times

Taikoubou is so damn good.

I read the first chapter in Shonen Jump back in like elementary school. I remember thinking it was kinda cool.

the answer to that question is always manga.

Those fucking clown shoes. It's very distracting.

There's only 1 good girl in this show and she's the main villain.

hamburger!