I am me. I am meeeeeeeeee. I. Am. Me!

>I am me. I am meeeeeeeeee. I. Am. Me!

Would you turn down vampirism, Sup Forums? Are you strong enough to deny yourself "immortality"? It would kinda suck not being able to enjoy any food other than human flesh. Then again, to be able to wage war for centuries...

Depends, if it's magical vampirism that has no basis in science then there's likely an afterlife of some sort.

You'd still be faced with the same, mortal predicament: is the afterlife worth going to? Will you be punished? Does it even exist, or is "God" playing a cruel joke? There's no way of knowing, so immortality is a safer bet.

Nice Pop Team Epic reference!

I have no clue what you're talking about..

To quote the major as well, that is a bridge that is too far
With immortality comes entropy, procrastination and stagnation
our mortality is what keeps us going as a species, wars are waged and medicine is conctocted with the future generations in mind. Take that incentive away and you basically will end up with a worldwide version of Texhnolyze

Transcending my weak body is just another form of strengthening my Humanity. If course I'll accept it. Only a fool caught up in some idiotic ideology wouldn't

Not everyone has to be immortal, user. Just you...and those you imprison within you.

Amen!

I'd do it in a blink of an eye. Being immortal has many downsides, but I'd love to be one immortal.

I don't see any downsides..

It's pretty subjective, like living a long life and seeing all your loved ones die "before" you, or losing all the reason for being alive and still not being able to die, etc.

Immortality isn't living for 200, 300 or 1000 years. It's forever - a damn long time. You'd probably spend more time wandering aimlessly in the void of space than living in a planet. If you were lucky enough, you'd fall into a black hole and supposedly have your suffering end.

I have a secret irrational fear of becoming a vampire so no

I'd immediately scream my breathless lungs out and run into the sun

I like garlic too much.

As long as there's a possibility to kill yourself. Like some secret weakpoint. Don't want to float around as immortal in space for eternity.

>Willingly choosing to give away your humanity
>Ever

being human sucks I'd take vampirism in an instant

I think I'd get used to losing people. You just have to enjoy who you get to spend time with for as long as you get to do it.

I don't think a vampire would survive the Big Crunch.

Every day we stray further from God..

>ore wa ore DAAAAAAAAAAAA

Of course

>become vampire
>feed on the flesh of criminals
>kill serial killers and rapists
>clean the streets and eat the meats
>???
>Profit
Also killing criminals is probably more fun than hunting innocents because at least criminals will fight back and try their hardest to put you down because of their lack of humanity.

*of course not kek

I want to be a vampire like araragi

You'd have to become Dexter before finding enough serial killers and rapists to feed yourself. Might as well just hang out in ghettos until there's nobody left..

Aww...

>feeding another vampire to stay a vampire

pls no

>our mortality is what keeps us going as a species
What keeps us going is our self interest.
>wars are waged and medicine is conctocted with the future generations in mind.
Youre so naiive its cute. Wars are always waged for the current generation. Same goes for medicine, R&D and everything in this world. Humans are self centered and shortsighted

>Take that incentive away and you basically will end up with a worldwide version of Texhnolyze
Thats wrong though. Widescale immortality in western world would be a net positive all things considered. We wouls have bigger pool of bright minds,experienced workers and leaders. More importantly we wouldnt repeat past mistakes.

>But that leads to stagnation
Wealth and power itself already transitions with dynasties, corporations and families. People would climb or fall the social ladder just as they always have and nothing would change although job market might get more competitive if increase in demand doesnt balance it out

Depends if afterlife exist or not. Its not like human blood is that big of an requirement. Just get diagnosed by a doctor for mysterious disease that causes anxiety, weakness and hunger if not treated with blood transfusion. You wouldnt have to harm a fly

I wouldn't even hesitate for one second. Having the power to do what I want? Being able to live long enough to see my plans come to fruition? Being a nearly unstoppable being?

ISOLATED

This thread is cute and fun. I'm gonna keep bumping it

>get cool abilities and immortality
>you stop being human from that

Akko, you're not just fucking stupid, you're going to reddit too much as well.

But you'd be removed from everyone else. An outcast, doomed to feed on the majority of your fellow sentient beings for as long as you choose to exist.

>b-b-but blood packs

What about when you can't get blood packs?

I dunno about cute, but fun? Yes!

You become more than human and yet less than human, leaving your humanity behind, yes. That's the point. You have to eat other humans to survive, at least for some part of your life or until civilization crumbles. SciFi is kinda getting into maybe territory.

>An outcast, doomed to feed on the majority of your fellow sentient beings for as long as you choose to exist.
Who says that'd happen? If I was powerful enough couldn't I just subjugate a group of people? A small nation? Start a cult or something? Kings "feed" on the people of their nation and in return lead it. I'd like to think if I was given enough time I could accomplish it.

I don't even want to live out my regular lifespan. Why would I want to be immortal?

>few hundred years later
>fucking exorcist shits all over you and and makes you the family bitch
>realize you can't out-human a crazy motherfucker with an agenda

real inmmortality would make you life enought to see the extionson of humanity, the earth, the sun, and probably the universe, so you will have a lot of time alone to think about does people that you don't even remember anymore

>Feeding on human beings
I swear I'll hunt you and your kind out for as long as I live.
Fuck you and the night.

Stay mad kitten, there will always be those willing to serve me.

Regardless, aren't I still human with human goals?

That's why you prepare. If Van Hellsing become a vampire, he'd be the most dangerous of all. To put things as blunt as a thirteen year old on xbox live screaming into his mic while drunk on sugar
Git gud.

You'd inevitably be defeated for such brashness. You are not the only one who wields a mighty weapon.

To suffer even more, ofc

J

>there will always be those willing to serve me.
As there will always be people like me willing to stop abominations like you.
>aren't I still human with human goals
You're no fellow human being, you're a monster, a chuuni edgelord and a LARPer and proud to be so.

The problem with immortality is that it is only eternal life until it ceases to be so, and if you willingly embraced the darkness you are 100% going to hell, if there is one.

The point is no amount of preparation can ever be enough because at that point you stand on a pedestal and not face first on the ground desperate for anything at all that can change the situation. As a vampire you will never again experience the fragility and desperation of human life and so you will never truly be able to comprehend to what lengths a man may go to end you. That's how the Major "defeated" Alucard because there was no way for Alucard to even begin comprehending that the crazy fuck was gonna throw a living manifestation of a quantum mechanical concept at him and temporarily blip him out of existence.

>Would you turn down vampirism, Sup Forums?
I'm hemophobic, so that would be an issue

>You are not the only one who wields a mighty weapon.
Well it's always a bad idea to think you're the strongest out there.

>homo sapiens
>not human
Nani

The kettle said to the pot or whatever.

What did you mean by this

He means that you're one fucking dumb bathead

Rude!

Or you could be like the Major and become a cyborg.

I'm genuinely curious as to the Major's motivation. Like, how would he have lost out if he became a vampire? He would still have his tactical genius, for example. Nothing about his plan would be hurt by being a vampire. (In fact, he'd have been a match for Alucard directly.)

>it's a bad idea to think you're the strongest out there
>BECAUSE I'M THE STRONGEST OUT THERE!

smug bastard
you'd get van hellsing'd

Well name some beings stronger than a full bore vampire. I suppose another vampire? What world does this theoretical situation take place in?

It turns out that at the end of the day the Major was actually the most real human bean in the cast.
His entire plan was just to prove how fucking crazy a human can get, he's what Alucard wanted all along and what Andersen couldn't deliver, if he did turn into a vampire to defeat another vampire Alucard's own creed wouldn't have been true, you need a man to kill a monster, the Major was that.
It was all a really convoluted HUMAN PRIDE WORLDWIDE plan.

>It was all a really convoluted HUMAN PRIDE WORLDWIDE plan.
Fucking kek

Professor van Hellsing

This is so Reddit tier.

That's what it was, a really over the top and horribly written way to one up Alucard.

The major wasn't salty that they lost WW2, he wasn't salty about losing either in the first place, he was salty he lost to something other than another human being and couldn't find a way to deal with that.
That's why he refused to become a vampire, he wanted that salty runback AS A HUMAN at all costs to the point of becoming a cyborg of all things and get an army of vampires and assorted monsters for that single purpose.
They triggered WW3, destroyed London with a zombie+vampire apocalypse and even created a living manifestation of a quantum theory for the single purpose of proving to a single vampire that HUMANS can get even more batshit insane than any inhuman opponent, which is the same purpose of the Hellsing organization in the first place, Alucard himself after all recognizes Integra as his superior and master.

The Major was the real human bean(and a real hero) of the show all along.

Operation Second Sea Lion or whatever was just...an exchange of bullets. In my headcanon, I assume that the Major's consciousnesses is preserved in a supercomputer, and he plans to bring forth another war...und another...

But real talk, I thought it was really weird how the Major's motivation switched from ever-lasting warmongering to just defeating Alucard.

>You become more than human and yet less than human, leaving your humanity behind, yes.
I don't become more or less than human. I just get superpowers. I don't "become" a person with superpowers. I get superpowers. This is just pointless semantics.

>implying a cannibal is a true human

Get the fuck outta here

>I thought it was really weird how the Major's motivation switched from ever-lasting warmongering to just defeating Alucard.
That's because Hirano is a fucking hack and a horrible writer who was playing Hearts of Iron too much while playing Hellsing.
>I just get superpowers.
>Superpowers
>Human

Hell no. I'll just be a good vampire like my waifu.

>Has a frenchman inside her all the time
>Good

Maxwell is the key character. Hirano just wanted another Crusade.

Victoria and Pip have been banging like crazy in all kinds of different ways for 30 years by the end of the series. Victoria is pure, but not for fags on the 'net.

> Alucard's own creed wouldn't have been true, you need a man to kill a monster, the Major was that.

I don't really get how that's supposed to work. Is he saying, like, a monster always has a blind spot, while a human will look for an imaginative solution?

I mean, look at Anderson. I don't think he could EVER have killed Alucard if he didn't bring out the Nail. Like, he was getting overwhelmed by Alucard's zombie army. What was he supposed to do, die all over him?

It's not like you could just WILLPOWER your way to attack him. If you were armed with anything between an M-16 and a fucking stealth bomber, you still wouldn't be able to kill Alucard.

We don't talk about Pip

Anderson only failed cause Seras stalled long enough for Alucard to snap out of wanting to die. Even then, he probably would have succeeded has he just stabbed Alucard in the heart with the damn thing rather than himself. Unfortunately, Anderson was just too excited at the prospect of being God's tool to realize that was the wrong play.

Do you just throw that word around, willy-nilly?

>there are people in here who don't see becoming a vampire as a way of evolution
>Implying being human isn't all about going beyond your limits
Oh sure, replacing your entire body with a bunch of metal and wires is fine, but oh noooooo you got some blood magic shit going on then you're not a true human anymore

I like Pip tho..

Vampires are overrated trash. Besides, if man was made in the image of God(s) then that means the only acceptable alternative to being human is to become a god. Settling for anything less is a waste.

Anderson would have won if he just kept fighting alongside his allies. Instead he threw away the miracle of them appearing and rejected his humanity, choosing his disgust for the very people he was meant to save over the good in his fellow man.

Also, if not for Seras Alucard would have still been killed forever.

>Implying being a vampire isn't exactly that

>Literally dying and letting an abomination be made out of your remains/letting a demon get to attach its puppet strings to the cadaver
>Evolution

The vampire is not the person who died, and it exists solely to shit up the world and make everything worse.

Did it hurt? You think your body is weak because you have never taken chances to see its potential, beta boy. I bet you slouch or have a pathetic belly even though you are young. Even if you are speaking from a metaphorical perspective, ironically, you are speaking like an ideology : that the body is weak and it must be overcame. You would want immortality to keep watching anime all day.

Gods don't have to live in the dark like a bunch of prissy faggots because they can't into suntans.

False.

You can be forgiven for anything, except not believing in god. At least in Christianity.

Fuck you she's been my waifu for over a decade.

>I bet you slouch or have a pathetic belly even though you are young.
Actually my posture and fitness have never been better thanks to two years in the Army so far. Also I never said I didn't have an ideology, just that not accepting mine was an idiotic one
>You would want immortality to keep watching anime all day.
That's not completely wrong

God sure does a lot of hiding himself already don't he?

Yes but instead of being a murderous edgelord or a shiny "I only eat forest animals" bishounen I'd just get a fridge full of blood bags then live like an immortal NEET

I'd suck user's blood since no one cares about you guys, but you'll be part of me, and we'll all be happy that way.

>You can be forgiven for anything
Sure sounds fucking heretical in here, proddy scum

>Then again, to be able to wage war for centuries...

Burger pls.
Stop shooting up little kids.

Mark 3:28-29
28 Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin

Matthew 12:31-32
31 Therefore I tell you, people will be forgiven for every sin and blasphemy, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Luke 12:10
10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

I'd become immortal so I can finally finish my backlog.

Man that's a ridiculous assertion. Some people make things just because they're curious about it. You think John Bardeen was thinking about some fanciful war scenario applications when he made the transistor? No he was just trying to make a radio better and WHOOPS there's the basis of all computational technologies.

>A proddy: knowing scripture?
>It's more likely than you think.

I think once turned into a vampire you probably wouldn't be such a pussy.

I would love a character turning this down for this reason.

But the backlog would only grow.
The curse of immortality.

I would like to believe I would be noble and say no. But the fear of death probably overcomes that. I don't even think I would go power hungry either. I'd just want to be left alone.

only if I get turned by a hot lady vampire