Why am I supposed to care about this character?

Why am I supposed to care about this character?

She's Shinji. Phos is Kaworu.

Best girl

You're not.
Cinnamon is there to parallel Phos' development and Cinnamons plights exist solely to show how much Phos has lost herself, her initial goals and her immaturity
>I haven't read the manga yet

This.I actually care more about benito than about Cinnamon, I wanna see her be cool at least once.

You're not, you're supposed to care about the fact that Phos cares about her

or something

It really is something like this.I know it cant happen but if she were to die it would mean Phos failed to keep her promise which would lead her ever further away from her initial intentions.

That sounds like bad writing

No, you're just a brainlet.

>The character is intentionally badly written and you're not supposed to care about large parts of each episode

Ok

Youre not. You're supposed to care about Phos who cares about Cinnabar.

Better question: Why was she on every single one of the covers of the manga?

Cinnabar's actually very well written for what she is, it's just that what she is isn't the focus of the narrative.

Just because you can't understand dramatic irony doesn't mean it's bad writing.

She gets further and further away in every cover, symbolising how Phos cares less and less about her as time goes on.

that's seriously depressing

B-but she still does!

Nothing that happens depends on you caring about cinnabar to deliver.She just stays in her cave being edgy while stuff happens to phos and diamond.

>Had to be reminded to ask the moonies to bring the grinded gems back.
Sure

>Friendly reminder this awful character exists

Every episode

She's not badly written, she's just not likeable.
If anything her mysteriousness is her defining trait whereas we know very little about her but now everything about Phos.
Phos is constantly changing while Cinnabar is a deliberately static character.
The only bad writing I see is that Phos is sympathetic to Cinnabar while Cinnabar herself doesn't come as sympathetic since she's so strong willed.
I think more people'd care about Cinnamon if she was more fragile like Dia or wasn't such a salty mineral all the time

She wants to die.

That means you have something in common

You decide, about whom, you care , not the anime.

You are not supposed to. In fact it's ok to hate her, she's an emo shit. I love you cinnabun. But you are a useless fuck.

Nah, I don't need her to be weak and cute, the problem is that she's the embodiment of badly written tsundere with several clichés I thought died out ages ago.