The only thing this show had going for itself was the catchy OP and the ending that tied in with the original Gunbuster...

The only thing this show had going for itself was the catchy OP and the ending that tied in with the original Gunbuster.
Everything else was trash, the mechs felt like some sort of robot but also biological kinda fuckery, the Topless ability was hardly properly explain until the near end of the show, Lal'C was a melodramtic bitch, every other character besides that dude who lost his Topless ability , mechanic and that kid who had some issues with promises were completely sidelined without even some characterization and they expected me to give a fuck about them when they were injured or dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

True

Gunbuster is tripe.

Well ok it's not, it's good despite a bad script. But the fans make me want to say it's tripe.

Diebuster was far better and was held back by its relation to Gunbuster.

Gunbuster's writing was shit too.

>Diebuster was far better and was held back by its relation to Gunbuster.
Give me reasons why it's better.

/m/ was a mistake

Characters are way more believable, no one is as poorly written as Noriko who has the most nonsensical development imaginable

It doesn't focus as much on the idiotic self-contradicting "nepotism and/or privilege = effort and guts!!!!" theme outside of a few lines here and there and the "buster machine in your heart" line felt outright tongue in cheek
Also exactly this, the dumb "UGH THE ROBOTS AREN'T MECHANICAL ENOUGH" shit

Diebuster was such a fucking disappointment

Gunbuster and Diebuster have very different settings. Gunbuster has a hard sci-fi, hyper detailed, mechanical setting. Diebuster has a soft sci-fi, low detail, cartoony setting. If you're someone who likes Gunbuster because of its setting (which is a whole lot of Gunbuster fans), then complaining that Diebuster isn't mechanical enough is perfectly valid. It's outright removing what you loved about Gunbuster.

Gunbuster was even worse though

I disagree, it was awesome.

I love diebuster

Me too.

Much more than Gunbuster, that was pretty weak except for maybe the last two episodes.

Diebuster felt overall more solid and coherent.

Also I'm more of a fan of organic mecha a la FLCL and Diebuster than rigorous mecha as in Gunbuster and the various Gundams

Gunbuster has a pretty retarded first half and a really good second half. Diebuster is a more modern anime with a rich visual style

I disagree

Diebuster is the perfect ending to something that already had one. It's a marvel and only autistic /m/fags afraid of anything remotely (and superficially) different hate it.

I think people are being way too harsh on Diebuster.

>underage lolsorandom faggots of the Let's Play generation

Who are you quoting?

Double Inazuma Kick is cool though

It was more cute than badass which is what you were probably looking for, and the ending was pretty shit. Still i love the show.

>If I quote everyone in the thread it means I'm right!

Yeah, but it's also the best OP ever made, which makes the rest of it worth it.

I haven't even watched the original Gunbuster and I liked it.

Gunbuster really doesn't pick up until after 3 eps, which for a 6 ep ova is kind of grating. It last three eps are fantastic, but the characters usually fall along the lines of either annoying, not fleshed out enough, or passable. While Diebuster didn't have the hard sci-fi elements going for it, it completely makes up for this with it's lovable characters, dialogue, and better pacing overall. The world and story in Diebuster for the first three eps is also infinitely more interesting than the first three eps of Gunbuster. Honestly the skeptic in me wants to say that people only like Gunbuster more because it has Anno's name attached.

Here's your (you), big guy. You worked hard for it.
I doubt the Let's Play generation even knows what Diebuster or Gunbuster is.

holy shit how is it possible to have an opinion this bad?

Even the minor characters in Diebuster have way better development than in Gunbuster.

GROOOOOVIN MAGIC~
OO OO OO
youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE

>Diebuster is the perfect ending to something that already had one.
Wow, that's a good way to put it.

It's proto imaishit.
no wonder its garbage.

Nothing Tsurumaki has ever made matches up to anything Imaishi has ever made.