>its 2018 already but yet noone surpassed Re-l Mayer as best girl in anime
huh

Oh jesus here we go

So tru

made for white cock

Best episode.

All the boat episodes were best.

Pino is better

should i watch this ?? the opening is great but i don't like pretentious shows , i might like them if there are characters that i can relate my my self to them

its like a bad version of psycho pass season 1, worth watching if you have time to waste

Characters are great and atmosphere is amazing, but yeah its really pretentious, last episodes and ending are basically nonsense.

WAKE ME UP

>its like a bad version of psycho pass season 1
Nigga what are you talking about.

WAKE ME UP INSIDE

raisin detergent

Kellogg's where at

anyone has that image where she puts her hair up and then punches herself in the eyes instead of putting make up on?

thanks mate

>but i don't like pretentious shows
ergo proxy is the epitome of pretentiousness. Expect Paulo Coelho tier "deepness". Heck, there's literally Paulo Coelho in it. If it wasn't for it's pretentiousness, the show could have been decent.

It's one of those series I come back to once a year or so. Usually if I have 2 days free of any responsibility I do an entire watch of the series rather than spread it out. It just feels more enjoyable that way.

In fact I plan on watching it again soon.

It's pretentious shit with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Ok, now go post in a thread you like instead of being mad

Here we go again.

PINO!

But Pino was better? Stupid thread.

Don't worry, it's not pretentious. It's a comfy episodic adventure series of a robo loli and her two companions. Nothing like actual pretentious shows like NGE, Madoka, -monogatari and your average Shaft otaku trash.

Ergo Proxy and maybe Kara no Kyoukai are the only shows that people on Sup Forums can call pretentious on that wont get me mad as fuck.

people who call it pretentious just don't understand enough of it to get it.
there is a lot of information in the show people ignore that I've explained in the past such as the origins of the monkey people

In all honesty it is in fact, and not in the meme sense, pretentious. That doesnt make it completely bad however, It has a rad aesthetic and great production values.

Why has Sup Forums's opinion on this show completely flipped in the span of half a decade?

people call it pretentious because of an immense assload of absolutely irrelevant throwbacks that add absolutely nothing to the story as a whole
remove them and show will become better, that's how fucking bad it is

learn some history then kid, it's full of historical references.

there's nothing to learn, they just throw them into your face every five minutes
autistic spergs seem to consider that deep, though

I have to leave soon, but I want you to think about what I've said, and how you have a hard time understanding this show.

Watched it when it aired 12 years ago, can't remember anything about it except the boat episodes. Guess I'll watch it again next week.

user, you're trying to find the meaning in Coelho/Castaneda-tier pseudo-intellectual wankery
i pray for your mental health

I wish I could be scolded by satan

The philosophical bullshit is what wrecked the show for me. I even watched the dub to try and get a better idea of where they were trying to go with it but it was just lost on me.

I'm okay with this.

This show was clearly inspired by EVA. The mc trio, the continuation of human race, the ending nonsense..

>bad version of psycho pass
>Like Psycho pass was even good.
Jesus this guy.

"have to read tons of stuff on the internet to understand the plot" - the anime

Billions of shows have trio mcs, EVA is not the originator of that and you'd be delusional to suggest so. Post apocalypse/human struggle post disaster have been around for ages as well.

>Ending nonsense

EVA's ending is not nonsense, and I'd like to actually see an argument as to why Ergo Proxy's is, even though I agree that it was unsatisfactory. It seems like you just don't like shows that do something other than straightforward storytelling.

It's not Lain though, its just vapid and posturing instead.

You can understand Lain from official media.

this shit made me quit watching anime for years, it's THAT bad

The plot of EP is really fucking basic, user, Quiz episode is basically an info dump.

Unfortunately you only get five seconds to comprehend it instead of decent development

Out of nowhere an episode that feels like a joke, tells you about spaceships and stuff.
The worst way to tell a story.