Houseki no Kuni

>Achmea said "I expect your next move"
>Whatever Phos' next move is he has to come back to earth
>Meet hostile gems, Sensei nowhere to be found
What will the master scholar say to the earth gems?
Will he finally confront Sensei again and ask the ultimate question?
Will Euclase and Jade let Rutile tear Phos to pieces?

I've been considering th possibility that Sensei cannot lie. I can't think of an instance where he has decieved, only where he's dodged questions or straight up not answered. Has anything he said been proven false?

>implying any of the earth gems are even a match for post-moon golden messiah LaPhos endowed with a bio-engineered human pearl eye and Lapis Lazuli's legendary intellect

First for 3DCG master race. Truly 2D can never, and will never be able to compete.

Anyone notice how "Phossu" sounds like "Fossil"?
I think it's neat.

Ethereal beauty aside, I think Lustrous are this setting's version of dwarves. They're tough, industrious, and frugal- to say nothing of how much their culture lionizes stasis.

can someone tell me why the tv series looks ugly? what went wrong?

It's pretty hard to tell but I think the repulsive CG "animation" might have played a part in that.

we must direct worship to our 3DCG messiah come to deliver us from that broken prayer bot

It was raped by cg

OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING ITS SO FUCKING UGLY iyarashii desu

Why has Phos been defiled to such a degree? Was it really necessary to make her so fucking ugly?
There isn't even much "movement" as CGfags like to call it in this shot, so why not just draw her by hand?

The constant sparkles with those straight up kid show SFX for them ruin my opinion of the 2D trailer.

>iyarashii

>Mfw hnk threads are plagued by the CGvs2D meme to the point they are unusable.

I know right i can't believe some people actually try to justify this horrid looking shit

The sparkles capture the gem-like nature of Phos in the beginning of the manga. I think the SFX work fine, especially if you consider the alternative, i.e. the show being CG garbage.

the cheap cg meme sparkles in the tv series are just are no better

Minerals derive their beauty from their complex three dimensional structures, thus any accurate representation of them must be three dimensional itself. A 2D gem is no gem at all, but merely a pale imitation of the true beauty of geometry, which can only be captured by advanced 3DCG technology.

Please don't start this again. I enjoyed Zoids.

This. I want the mods to end our suffering. Pls delet these till new chapter

I know right, if only they had animated it like a normal anime this wouldn't even be a discussion

This really wasn't an issue until 2dposters like you started shitting up the last few threads.

the tv series is a literal joke tough for fuck sake. Its sad that hnk had to get the cg treatment the manga is alright.

I can't bear to look at this even though I admire Phos. It's like seeing one of my favorite characters literally being defiled. I wish they had just completely changed the character designs.
>2dposters
>Sup Forums
How about you fuck off to some place which is more appropriate for you?

>true beauty
it sure doesn't fucking look like that
who are you kidding

Now that I think of it, Sensei never said that he believed they could recover a gem kidnapped by the Moon People. He asked Squidward what he would do if they used DoritosGirl's head and then they found the rest of her shards, but he said that as a question, not a statement. Sensei didn't say it COULD happen. And when Squidward said bluntly that he didn't believe it could happen, Sensei apologized.

>2D vs 3D posters
You're all missing the point. In order to TRULY capture the beauty of HnK, any anime adaptation should have been totally black and white and silent with only still frames and panning shots. Introductions of fundamentally flawed concepts like color, sound, and movement have defiled the original work.

Not my fault your eyes are broken.

Could you point me to an exact screenshot where I can see this supposed "beauty"?

>implying there's more than one 2D poster

>niggas still falling for the CGautismo bait

>14 posters
Can we just give up already?

So, in the Phos team vs Sensei royal guards, will Phos face Cinnabar?

What is truly autistic is not realizing that CG garbage is garbage and should be treated as such.

You know what im gonna rewatch and enjoy the entire show again and theres nothing you can do to stop me lunarian.

Dude you have no idea, when i first saw the trailer back in 2013 i knew this was going to be something great, it looked so beautiful. I was so fucking hyped until i found out that they were using cheap 3d models for the characters and it was only going to be 2D backgrounds. Honestly i was more disappointed than when i watched Sword art online. I swear i will never forgive then for this i mean how could these scum turn something beautiful like Ichikawa's art into filthy disgusting cgi. What a bunch of fucking criminals I mean just look at how beautiful the 2D animation looks what they did to the tv series is unforgivable.

You're just going to exacerbate your already unstable mental condition. It's your choice.

Show me some of "beauty" yo speak of, all i see is disgusting ugly cgi. Here let me show you what true beauty looks like. Here is the correct depiction of phosphilite, it takes the fans to draw it properly

OH GOD MY EYES what the fuck happened to phos?

This brings to mind an interesting question:
If HnK were translated to the Spongebob universe, who would represent each character? Sensei would make sense a Mr. Krabs, because of his hard exterior and secretiveness, and that naturally leads to Achamea being Plankton. The main characters should overlap in that case, with Spongebob filling in for Phos, combining his love for Mr Krabs, his intense desire for a productive job, and his relative ineptitude and brittleness. This ties nicely in with Patrick as Ventricosus, being himself a boneless seacreature, and his employment by Plankton to poach Spongebob from the Krusty Krab. In this situation, Squidward fits perfectly as Cinnabar, being deeply unhappy with his job, socially isolated, distrustful of Mr Krabs, and his position as Spongebob's senior and somewhat recalcitrant friend.

there's even an episode where Spongebob, in an attempt to impress Sandy(antarcticite) removes and replaces his own arms with muscular prosthetics, but in the end his change in attitude leads to her abandoning him at the beach.

I feel that there are many more parallels to be drawn here, if sufficient effort and thought is given. What does the connection between Spongebob and jellyfish represent? What is the significance of Mr Krabbs' daughter Pearl(a truly interesting naming choice)? Were Achamea and Sensei former friends like Plankton and Mr Krabbs?

Further discussion is warranted.

Go ahead half the show is in beautiful hand painted 2D

its official we have reached a new level of shitposting

Stop these hate speeches at once.
We are to appreciate all gembutts no matter the form.
Here, have a Euclase!

This is what happens when you start a 3dcg thread in Sup Forums when it belongs in dumbfuck

i can agree to that just so long as no one dares imply that the puke inducing forced 3dcgshow we got was acceptable. Also thanks for the Euclase here have a phos user kun

>literally using the same image twice
If you're going to put so much effort into driving HnK threads into the ground can you at least put in some effort?

other than the island is there anywhere else the gems can go now that sensei impeached himself?

The ocean, I am more then willing to believe there are many more gems living in the ocean Ventricosus said that there were gems in it and the new King(?) knew what Phos was when he saw him. Could be entirely possible for entire gem civilizations to exist underwater as they would be relatively safe from lunarian attacks.

Sensei doesn't have to be biologically incapable of lying in order to never lie.

IIRC Prince says he didn't think Sensei could tell the difference between real and synthetic gems, and the whole idea was to string them along for hundreds of years, slowly feeding them synthetic gem fragments, but never enough to complete a taken gem, in the hopes that sensei would grow increasingly frusterated with the process.

I don't really see a reason why he would lie or mislead the gems about the fragments.

>If you're going to put so much effort into driving HnK threads into the ground can you at least put in some effort?
It's not about that, The threads are fine if you want to talk about the manga. TV series threads however belong in >/3/ as they are not anime. Also the first image is a gif the second is just a still frame of phos and one that encapsulates his 2D beauty quite well i might add.

Just report and move on.

wheres my s2 announcement

>The threads are fine if you want to talk about the manga.
>OP post is talking about the manga
>first response is talking about the manga
>second response is talking about the manga
>third response is a shitpost mocking your own shitposts
And so on.

This is a manga thread, why do you keep trying to start shit over your 2013 PV?

Thats right guys report these 3dcg fucks for posting in the wrong board when they should should be in

BECAUSE THE FUCKING THREAD IS USING THE TITLE OF THE TV SHOW. The title should read "HNK Manga" not HNK or Houseki no kuni so either correct it for the next one or take that ugly 3dcg shit back to

There's an awful lot of parallels between the groups, but I'm not sure there's enough animosity to really trigger a fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bort vs. Dia happened though. Or at least, Bort going after Phos only for Dia to step in.

>BECAUSE THE FUCKING THREAD IS USING THE TITLE OF THE TV SHOW
>Land of the Lustrous (Japanese: 宝石の国 Hepburn: Hōseki no Kuni, "Country of Jewels") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Haruko Ichikawa and published from 2012 onwards.

>anime doesnt belong in the anime board
must be lonely up in the moon lunarian

Any drawing requests? I'm making an image with 3d models this time.

anything and everything with antarc

The idea that an actual, bona fide brainproblems autist is so assblasted that this show was done in 3d solely because of a short 2d advertisement for the manga years before the anime was even getting started, is absolutely hilarious.

Antarc in a fridge.

A smiling Cinnabar.

Specify "manga" then as HNK can refer to both or EXPECT the shitposting to continue

ugly 3dcg shit belongs in and requests belong in stupid faggots

Nothing will be the guy who's been running a spambot to kill the Guild Wars 2 threads on /vg/ for over a year.

CG autist has to step up his game.

Are you this new to Sup Forums wow this place has become infested with newfags

3d anime is not a new thing you stupid shit.

WHAT THE FUCK

Blatant fucking heresy i can't believe what i'm reading.

Arpeggio, Sidonia, SeHa Girls, etc, threads were allowed on Sup Forums because they are anime. There's no getting around that. Aside from shitposting there's no battle to be had.

correction//
The fact that it has been FORCED into 2D CEL Anime even though NO ONE asked for it, the fact that it looks incredibly ugly especially when compared to beautiful CEL animation isn't anything new. Just look at how ugly this disgusting matte cgi blade looks

Nobody does cel animation anymore

Oh god fuck don't remind me i honestly just want to cry now SeHa. I remember when sega announced it i was excited for that too i even maDe a post about it back on the sega forums years ago. They are my favourite gaming company(phantasy star anyone? ) but they don't make consoles anymore so i quit and became a pc gamer. They showed off these beautiful promo images but then the tv series was anally fucked by cgi it was so so bad i just want to forget. I actually feel sick omg. SeHa is CANCER

>Arpeggio
shit takes me back mang

Digital CEL. Hand drawn on paper then traced on the computer frame by frame.

I wonder who could be behind this post

For reference here is what the blade in houseki no kuni should look like, this is just too valuable to let go of. Something needs to be done for this manga

There's nothing wrong with that first image.

What would happen if this series went full Berserk?

Glad to trigger you again faggot.

Phos's arms are cool and all but I miss the super speed of Genki Agate.
The fuck would that even look like to be honest.

On its own as it stands by itself the first image is FINE. The second image however is beautiful, its visually appealing. That can never be achieved with cgi. The hand drawn version looks really nice & while the cg version looks fine by itself when compared to the hand drawn version its trash. Years ago when i watched anime i was a filthy casual who only did so because it was a form of entertainment just like regular tv shows. I wouldn't be watching it to this day if thats all it was. Japanese Anime is a lot more than just that its beautiful highly detailed 2D CEL Animation. Japan are the only people in the world that make tv shows entirely out of animation and its beautiful 2D CEL Animation at that. In recent years companies have been using cgi to cut costs and its ruining all modern anime. Watching it happen is honestly killing me inside. If you want examples just look at the new LOTGH it looks terrible compared to the original. Production I.G are scum. You can't find entertainment like this over here in the west. Over here pretty much all we have is cgi(because its cheap & easy to produce & if companies are out to maximise profits & don't have to make 2D they wont) & very simple 2d vector/flash animation(which look like shit). A lot of people in the west don't acknowledge anime because they don't know it exists or they are just ignorant filth that believe its only for children. The reason i watch anime to this this day is because of those amazing sakuga moments that we get each season. It's truly entertainment like no other(the last few episodes of Apocrypha made it worth sitting through all the shit, & the action in uq holder during the fall was some of the best all year despite the rest of he show being mostly garbage). Don't get me wrong though i don't just care about the 2D CEL animation. Everything is important to me from the Music to the Sound Effects, OST, Voice Acting, Background Art, Hand drawn Special effects, Manga style & Japanese Culture.

This post was the referring to the images of Morganite's Blade used in episode 1.

here

This is the gif without the black frame

>not appreciating Phos's true beauty.

To even call you plebeians would be too much.

>/vg/
Not surprised that CG-loving scum is also a /vg/ user.

>posting nude Phos
Delete this.

i know a lot of these fuckers are crossboarding fps faggots. Video games haven't been good since the 90's. That place is cancerous. Here is what games used to look like back in 1994 back when they used to put effort into the art instead of just using ugly cgshit.

>What will the master scholar say to the earth gems?
Just a prank, bro
>Will Euclase and Jade let Rutile tear Phos to pieces?
Why is this even a question?

Hey you shouldn't go around spreading nudes!!

>filters
kill yourself

>spoiler

Euclase maybe. Jade absolutely not. That dork is an actual kind child.

Its not filter you retarded faggot, its the xbrz upscaling algorithm.

Phos is cheap, so it kinda fits.

Please don't shit on Phos, hes great it just the cgi that makes him look ugly

2D Phos looks too pure. Where's my thoughtless brat? Where's my permafrowning rebel with a cause?
Maybe that sort of delicate look would work for the other aliens, but not for the restless human-particle bearer.

It's a 1min & 30sec trailer there wasn't enough time to show those sides of her unfortunately

OF all the pictures of Euclase you could have chosen you went with ugly 3dcg version. OP is a faggot.