This is undoubtedly one of the greatest anime movies ever made, but even so the story is still a little messy...

This is undoubtedly one of the greatest anime movies ever made, but even so the story is still a little messy, you can follow whats going on, but with certain side details you gotta read the manga for it to be explained properly.
Even so the soundtrack is perfect that's undebatable.

Bump

Fag.

Fuck you

Your waifu a shit.
Whichever one it is.

You only like this series for the cute girls, and that's it.

Be Invoked had the better conclusion

threesome > limp dicking a piece of tofu

No faggot, I liked watching Shinjis piece of shit life fall apart.

Both are great. The Ideon show feels a bit stretched for content and probably could have been shorter. Be Invoked doesn't get as bizarre as EoE does but it does a better job of making everything feel hopeless but then comes up with a heartwarming ending. And you can see the influence of it on EoE.

but its not. you just havent watched enough. lurk moar

IS THAT FUCKING DEVILMAN REFERENCE?

Eva's plot makes no sense.

What makes no sense about it? They sort of gloss over some stuff really quickly that can cause issues when brought up later but overall it does make sense. Several parties want to cause the third impact on their terms and this leads into EoE where the third impact happens but none of those parties get their way and instead Shinji gets to decide what happens with the world.

The manga version of EoE is trash. Sadamoto might be a great character designer, but he can't write for shit. The post-EoE ending afterwards is even worse, totally ill-fitting for a series like Eva and completely out of left field, as well as a total cop-out ending. I say this as someone who will defend the regular EoE ending and its own ambiguity - the manga ending is just plain shit.

After two or three watches of EoE, I found that I knew the literal plot of what was going on pretty much entirely (as far as the parts you're able to figure out are concerned - some of it is not explained, such as the exact differences between SEELE's third impact, Gendo's third impact, and the Angels' third impact).

I've only seen crybaby is the manga significantly different? because I honestly don't see what people enjoy about crybaby.

What don't you enjoy about it?
a friend showed me the first episode and got me hooked me up. It's not about DISCOVERING LOVE, it's not trying to be HIGH QUALITY cinematic, it was just raw with no brake rollercoaster ride.

I have never read the manga, and it's been a long time since I actually interested in watching something (that actually not because just want to follow Sup Forums threads) since I never heard of Devilman before.

You rarely ever got something unrestricted like this nowadays.

the story had horrid pacing and went no where. the main cast was all underdeveloped I swear the fucking street kid side characters had better development than miki or akira. The art was bad Imo though I've heard a lot of people like it so maybe its just me. It really overused nudity I'm not some puritan, but there's a number of ways to use nudity in striking or artistic manors yet this show failed to do so at all. The ending was so undeserved, and had little to no impact on me at all.

>the story had horrid pacing and went no where.
Didn't feel that way to me, the build up are there. In fact everything match exactly as it was builed up to, I really have no idea which part is "horrid" and "wnet no where.

>the main cast was all underdeveloped I swear the fucking street kid side characters had better development than miki or akira.
Which street kid? the rapper gang? which part that make them had more developement than Miki and Akira? I dunno about Miki but I can see the developement in Akira especially when he starts questioning Ryo and all the things that happened through his parents and Sirene.

>art was bad Imo though I've heard a lot of people like it so maybe its just me.
I have never pushed off something based on the art alone. I used to loathe Kaiji because that artstyle but when I watched it, it was instant favorite for me. Same thing with Devilman Crybaby, except that I loved the part where the art really express the emotion in the scene by doing over the top animation.

> It really overused nudity I'm not some puritan, but there's a number of ways to use nudity in striking or artistic manors yet this show failed to do so at all.
Artistic manors? they literally used that overused nudity to show how out of morals people in that world (literally the same shit at our world if you actually noticed). Which actually succeeded to portrayed fucked up society is.

>The ending was so undeserved, and had little to no impact on me at all.
Which no surprises if you actually didn't paid any attention at all.
I didn't even try reading that much, it's exactly what I get by just watching normally. I'm not even a reviewer.

Ideon is no where near as good as what you delude yourself to think it is

>Artistic manors? they literally used that overused nudity to show how out of morals people in that world (literally the same shit at our world if you actually noticed). Which actually succeeded to portrayed fucked up society is.
Is english not your first langue? I don't really get what you're saying here but maybe I wasn't clear. If they wanted to make a statement about societies moral stance of nudity they could have done it in a much better way. Just jamming nudity into something for the sake of it isn't going to change anyone's mind on the topic. Most adults could give two shits if there's nudity in something its only when kids are involved that it becomes a problem.
>Which no surprises if you actually didn't paid any attention at all. I didn't even try reading that much, it's exactly what I get by just watching normally. I'm not even a reviewer.
why would I give a shit if you're a reviewer? I watched the show it was pretty average and dipped below average at some points. Nothing about the story was compelling in the slightest especially not the end. the whole build up to the end was way too fast, and completely underwhelming

Yeah, that's why all of those other shows with cute girls and nothing else are still being talked about today, right, faggot?

Rei > *

Because I don't see the overused nudity as you said. They using it in the right amount. Just because they were in the place (scene) where sex are going wild doesn't mean it was overused.
How do you even survive anime if you think sex like this (which actually had the purpose unlike everything in this season) are overused?

As for your second point, that was subjective so I can't comment. But for me in the last 2 years this got better story than most.

That's fair. Still a 10/10 though. Truly a masterpiece.