Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution

Anybody planning on watching this abortion of a film in theaters this week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ARXhxgwcn6A
youtu.be/B7s2_9mvlOQ
youtu.be/bGuEvB12-l8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There aren’t any premieres in my state, which is fine by me.

Still waiting for the Canadian theatrical release.

Why can't they just let E7 rest in peace? They already destroyed it with AO. Aren't they satisfied?

For what it’s worth. We at least get to hear Renton’s dads voice and in some action,

Only the original series was good. Let Eureka Seven be at peace.

I can only hope those rumors of a love triangle in the second movie aren’t true. Bones has already desecrated E7 enough

I guess they just really want that unhappy ending

no, i barely liked the first series

Why is her head so big.

I'd love to, but the nearest showing is 2 hours away.

Would Bones really ruin Anemone and Dominic?

What am I saying, it's fucking Bones

So what happened in the first movie since people are saying that Bones is apparently setting up some things differently?
I thought the movie was just mostly just a recap film, that even used TV footage, aside from the new prologue.

>Renton’s dads voice
Oh yeah that's right. Better not sound like Bruno from AO. But yeah I'll probably watch it.

>TV footage
I don't think so, the music videos have footage that looks like Renton after running away from the Gekko, which is all new footage.
youtu.be/ARXhxgwcn6A

I really like Anemone's outfit for the movies, but these movies are going to be terrible.

Also they're not playing in Canada (yet at least).

I watched the first ep at otakon

it SUCKS

worst E7 thing by far. The prologue is awesome and brand new material but it's only like 10 minutes long. The entire rest of the film is literally just recapped footage from the TV series, all parsed and pasted together really awkwardly that probably makes absolutely zero sense to anyone who hasn't seen the show itself.

>only like 10 minutes long
Shit really? that's disappointing.

Why do nips love compilation movies?

> footage that looks like Renton after running away from the Gekko

Which was all re-contextualized. The Gekkostate does not exist in the trilogy and is another branch of the military. They refer to the Gekko as their strike ship. Renton also leaves Eureka under different reasons.

I heard that they're adding a Renton-Eureka-Anemone love triangle, so no

>and is another branch of the military
What the fuck? But are they not being attacked by the military? There's also the matter of the two different countries that may or may not matter here.

I really don't fucking understand. The original series ended well enough. The movie was shit. The manga adaptation was depressing shit. AO managed to sink it to a new low. And now...this? why? Who is asking for more Eureka 7 sequels?

Yep, got a ticket for Thursday. Hope it's not a waste of money.

Because unlike certain someone, they can't just pop into a million sites online and merrily watch any single anime made since 1975 until today at the drop of a hat and in the best quality that exists currently.

Most of them are consstrained by what VHS/DVDs/Blu-Rays they have on hand and what the TV channels are running at the moment.

You can get around it, of course, but most simply do not.

But what about best boy Dominic? I'm fucking mad now. Anemone and Dominic are one of my favorite anime couples.

>worst E7 thing by far.
You know, that's incredible.

Remember the manga? Fucking disaster. Remember the first movie? What the FUCK. Remember AO? Dropping the ball, kicked it, and then pissed on the old series.

I'm not offended by anything of this, I'm mostly amazed. Why do they keep experimenting on E7 like this? It's like Unit 731.

Don’t know why everyone complains about the spin offs. The original E7 was also a mess, great world building and art design but everything else was terrible, stretched plot, filler episodes, lack of any memorable action scenes etc.

There is no way it's gonna be worse than Ao r-right?

Adrocks voice sounds pretty good in Dub.

youtu.be/B7s2_9mvlOQ

>Dominic getting cucked by beta bitch Renton
Just end me now

Yeah but it made people happy when they watched it.

Unironically this

>AO managed to sink it to a new low
I don't know, Dewey being right was actually pretty good.

Calling the rest terrible is just shit taste.

original series > manga > AO > first movie
It's not going to be worse than that movie.

>lack of any memorable action scenes
The first fight against Anemone near the coralian
Renton saving holland but killing a bunch of KLF pilots, in a similar vein to renton saving Matthiew and Eureka from the mexicans
7-swelling the mountain mine
The boardless Nirvash launching and catching its board midair while fighting with The End
Holland and the Gekko attacking Ginga especially:
youtu.be/bGuEvB12-l8

>not available in my country

>Lists "memorable action scenes"

Not that user. None of those scenes were memorable. They don't carry any weight and the stakes were pretty much non-existent for the first 40 episodes. The only scene that was remotely close to being memorable was Nirvash going berserk when Holland was getting saved. And only because it contributed to Renton's breakdown and realization directly afterwords.

>Nirvash going berserk

I think you're mixing up your memories.
Nirvash never went berserk. Renton is the one who's murdering everyone around him before he realises there's actual pilots inside.

If you want to see what a robot going berserk means, watch EVA where Shinji goes out as the Eva starts tearing the angel apart and eating it piece by piece with absolutely no input from him.

And also you're full of shit on the memorable scenes.

>Nirvash never went berserk. Renton is the one who's murdering everyone around him before he realises there's actual pilots inside.

You're arguing semantics. It doesn't matter whether Nirvash went berserk or not. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

>And also you're full of shit on the memorable scenes.
I mean I guess it's easier for you to just say someone is full of shit rather trying to argue why those scenes were anything memorable. Why are E7fags so delusional that they can't even back up their own claims and just devolve to shitposting.

Perhaps they're only memorable to me because I've watched the series at least 8 times. But I don't think the scene has to carry weight for the scene to be memorable, just to look good enough to make a stand-alone impression for any reason, be it plot significance, artistic flair, or just good animation. The fights against Anemone and the Ginga showed particularly fluid animation, the fights to save Holland and to save Eureka and Matthiew were important moments in showing a change in Renton's role aboard the ship, that he could indeed fight the first time and that he no longer could the second. The mountain scene was memorable for it being both the climax of that season and because it looked pretty damn cool, showing off the capabilities of the Nirvash with relation to the survival of the Gekko. Launching boardless and catching his grandfather's board was both a pretty neat scene to watch and a visual representation of the collaboration between Tresoir Labs, Garage Thurston, and the Gekko State.

But that's all my somewhat warped opinion.

The OVA/sequel were a mistake.

The movie was so bad that people were literally walking out in the middle of it. It was shit. They had a little post-screening questionnaire and like Q&A with the producer or some shit, but I doubt many people stuck around for that. It was honestly one of the worst anime productions I have ever seen, down there with Mars of Destruction and the like.

At the very end of the series that never should have existed, who were the people that were dead inside the Gekko that Renton found?

Fuck no.

Not being premiered in my county. I will download the BDs as soon as they get out so I can complain.