What happened to Soul Eater? This series was a big deal back in the day but it seems to have been completely forgotten...

What happened to Soul Eater? This series was a big deal back in the day but it seems to have been completely forgotten. What went wrong?

Dat ending

Second season

Courage.

Well it ended and wasn't even completely adapted with the anime. I liked it a lot and still like it but there's not much to talk about anymore. It also doesn't seem to be one of those series that new people constantly pick up and make threads about.

It had a terrible ending in the manga and an equally terrible ending in the anime. Personally I enjoyed the ride and still like it, but it's all flash and no substance.

The boob stuff didn't ruin the ending and the whole thing with the party they threw and Maka screaming to the sky was great.

Had a time skip that sucked balls. I hated the uniforms.

It started being shit when the fillers hit
And then they decided to adapt Soul Eater NOT that was even worse.

I still miss old Bones though. Early SE had amazing production values, both OPs had amazing cuts.

Sadly this.
The concepts were cool, some of the characters were really cool.
It has chapters that are among my favorite of any manga.
However SOME good traits can't fix an ultimately broken story.

things that should have been added or changed.
>Maka's mother being brought in for dramatic effect against her father
>Chrono should have died
>BlackStar should have turned into a bad guy, possible redemption arc, but flat out he should have turned into a bad guy
>Death should have died after Kid's second unlock, leaving a sense of hopelessness. Kid must run school and politics, but not have all the power until his brother's defeat
Just some thoughts.
Anime was garbage.

The anime was great for some isolated scenes just to have them animated, and pretty well too generally. But yeah, it mostly isn't very good. I do like most of the openings and endings too.

The show was great, but howcome only the first fight against Jack the Ripper involved showing Maka's technical skill with the scythe? It happens in every single anime that turns into a beam-firing dick waving contest

Wasn't part of Black Star's strength that he wasn't a bad dude even though he could be?

Watched the Soul Eater anime. Should I watch Soul Eater NOT, read the Soul Eater manga for the canon ending, or just read Soul Eater NOT

I wish Crona developed into finding his own strength and confidence to deal with people,
instead of reverting to status quo and being a confused murderous puppy maka wants to save.
If there was one thing I wanted the most of this story, It was to see Crona and Ragnarok going on adventures as good guys.

>BlackStar should have turned into a bad guy, possible redemption arc
That would've been a good way to fully explore his ambition to power.
But sadly this was another cool concepts that aren't fleshed out manga

Read the manga. The anime ends like halfway through the story. I haven't read or watched Soul Eater Not but apparently it has worse animation than Soul Eater did.

You can read the Soul Eater manga and get disappointed.

>Soul Eater NOT
Didn't that actually help kill the series? The whole spinoff did feel like an attempt to keep the series relevant in a 2010's market.

It reused the K-on! character archetype. It would've been more interesting to explore the universe though. Very interesting setting and character interaction.

Shame he only existed for 2 instances of plot and to die trying to redeem Justin.

black star is a garbage character

>my fanfic is better

Beams are easier to animate/draw. This is pretty much what happens to all shonen.

honestly, pretty much anything is better than what we got

Really needs either:
A) An anime original season 2 that explores things that got skipped in the manga, but rehashed in a new way to make them relevant

B) A new adaptation that follows the manga storyline (possibly with a slightly changed ending)

Both would need the same animation style as the original. New soundtrack with possibly some remixed tracks from the original would be great.

courage punch was beautiful, using weaponized nakama power. it inspired mashima again and again whenever he got stuck in a rut in fairy tail.

also the publisher must've decided to sink money into hyping some other series. either soul eater didn't get a popularity boost, or it did so the money went into pumping up some other shounens.

Garbage anime. Underrated manga