I'm one episode in, and for the life of me I can't see what people like so much about this show. The style is distinct...

I'm one episode in, and for the life of me I can't see what people like so much about this show. The style is distinct, sure, but only because of how vapidly simple it is. At least in Devilman Crybaby the simple looking designs had lots of actual motion, whereas this is empty and static at the same time. It's shit all around. Not to mention the characters are about as charismatic and interesting as fucking rocks and the story isn't doing much either.

Seriously, does it get better or should I just give up?

You should go back to Netflix.

No, you should stop and get out of here

Have you ever thought about being genuine on the internet for once?

Are you seriously this retarded? It's called the three episode rule for a reason, moron.

Considering that a single episode is 50 minutes, I'd say one is a pretty sufficient test.

I were watching first 4 episodes for 2 months, i think, but finished remaining ones in 2 days.

The action itself looks fine, but the faces are just completely fucking blank and have no expression.

Uh, no. That's especially not true in this case, since each episode is effectively self-contained.

>The style is distinct, sure, but only because of how vapidly simple it is
What is this even supposed to mean. What a worthless evaluation of art. I'm sorry the characters are on model all the time and not amorphous blobs like the modern masterpiece that is Crybaby.

It's about dialogue and abstract characters. If you don't like it now you probably won't later. There is no real story aside from learning the different characters' backstories, motives, philosophies, etc. The action comes from the characters' interactions and relationships with one another. go watch naruto or jojo something.

And no "post 3 episodes" cheating on the animation either where everything until the finale ends up being a power point presentation with a voice over.

>The style is distinct, sure, but only because of how vapidly simple it is.
What did he mean by this?

What I mean is that the characters have faces that are so not detailed and not animated they might as well be dolls. The backgrounds look fine and the action is adequate enough, I guess, but I've never seen a show there the characters are visually so uninteresting. Staying 'on model' works when you're going for realism, which this clearly isn't.

>no expression
Get your eyes checked. Just because the eyes are drawn like that it doesn't mean they're not able of conveying emotions.
Do you have problems with reading body language or something?

This show is an utter waste of time, do yourself a favor and drop it now

When did this fight happen? I thought it was off screened for comedic reasons. It wasn't in my batch.

>he missed the best fight
It was a next episode clip.

Looked it up, it was just a preview exclusive. Nobody watches previews when catching up. That explains it.

I couldn't stand the dialogue. It was written as if the writer had no idea how real conversation flows. Maybe it was a japanese thing that couldn't really translate well to other culture.

I really liked this show, but so much of it was just people standing around talking. I understand that it was adapted from a light novel though so I guess that's the struggle, but the pacing with visuals could get really dull. Especially since the episodes were so long.

I remember in particular they stood around talking with that goddamn ninja so long in the middle of their fight I forgot they were fighting a couple times.

user has autism. Please be patient with him.

>watch 20 minutes
>make a thread to complain
Kill yourself

>20 minutes
The show has 50 minute episodes, faggot.

Nah you just have a terminal case of horrendous taste

It's written by Nisio Isin. If you can't stand his dialogue and narrative-intensive shit then this isn't for you.

Though you'd be missing out one of his most (if not the most) properly adapted works into anime and the badass boss rush.

So I'd be missing shit. Good.

4, 7 and the latter 2 or 3 episodes are the action ones
Everything else is [nisioisin intensifies] or cheerio being cute while Shichika oneshots the ninja of the week and/or the swordbearer

He'd also be missing his ONLY decent work.

There is no point in watching this any more

you are missing out on the experience of watching it over a year while it was airing.

This isn't Code Geass where the anime is shit and you only watch it for the threads.

Hey brother, did u watched DBS 126? It' was amazing right? So much fighting

I feel like casuals get baited by the "ultimate martial artist has to collect 12 crazy swords" premise and go into a dialogue heavy drama about human nature thinking that it's going to be an action packed show that you don't have to think about to understand.

This user is on the money.

This.

i'd fuck hakuhei

>"typical american makes a thread" the thread

>faces that are so not detailed
>faces are just completely fucking blank and have no expression.
Granted MC is an expressionless autistic, maybe if you'd go past ep 1 and actually watch the rest of the characters you'd have avoided saying such nonsense.

Funny this thread is here now, since I just finished watching this for the first time yesterday.
I actually decided to check it out after I saw a screenshot on Sup Forums and found the artstyle intriguing.

First episode was a bit boring, but I liked the premise.
It's only after watching the whole thing that I realize how much was foreshadowed already at this point, so the episode got better in retrospect (which really applies to all episodes). When I first watched, I didn't fully comprehend what made Shichika follow Togame. I realized later that he saw Togame was worthy because of her dedication to her father's cause - which mirrors his own feelings to his father. They start off very similar in this respect, but how each of them deals with their fathers' legacies is different and this is an underlying theme of Katanagatari. So episode 1 is about a sword finding a worthy master.

Episode 2 was what really got me hooked. I loved the antagonist.
Episode 3 exceeded my expectations and made me cry. It's the best episode in my opinion, and aptly enough the antagonist of this episode leaves a lasting impression on both characters. It cemented my decision to watch this show to the end.
Episode 4 I liked due to how it continued the humanization of the antagonists (I think I may have a thing for likeable antagonists). I surprisingly didn't care for the missing fight at all.

I didn't like episode 7 at first. But after having seen everything I see how it fits the narrative well, especially the parallels with the last episode, and can appreciate it for that.
Episode 10 is another one I particularly enjoyed.

Episode 12... I didn't get spoiled beyond a cryptic "best girl wins" post, which actually trolled me very hard. I was in full denial watching the last episode unfolding. But after reading about the ending online and re-watching some scenes and thinking it through it all makes perfect sense.

nice blog faggot

This user is a faggot. I, for one, enjoyed reading that post.

Remember this is the kind of thread mods want to kill everything else for.

t. brainlet