Can I?

Is it possible to enjoy anime without being a weeb degenerate/NEET/Lolicon? Seriously I feel like I can't defend myself when it comes to my friends and people asking me about anime.

You've come to the wrong place to ask this.

Yes

>talking about anime in meatspace

Obviously, there's lots of friendly and mature anime out there, you just have to avoid bad groups and shit show filled with dumb fanservice.

How do we get rid of Sup Forums roleplayers?

Agreed, one of the biggest problem for me is people's obsession with little girls in anime. It literally kills my motivation to associate with anime.

>start reading/watching random shit casually
>somehow convince some friends to chip in for a crunchyroll account
>all they do now is watch trash anime, less willing to meet up IRL
>can't even talk about shows since they only watch harem/isekai

Where did I go wrong?

Fuck off.

no, if you like anime at all you have already become a weeb, and as you watch more eventually you will become one of the degenerate subcategories like lolicon, yurifag, incestfaq, etc.

sorry mate but gooble gobble

Fuck this must suck but convincing friends to actually watch anime? Wild.

Wanting a crunchyroll account in the first place

I don't bring it up unless asked about it. Anime "culture" is not something to be proud of. I love the medium but it has a higher ratio of degeneracy, childishness and oversexualisation compared to other mediums. That said, the reason I don't bring it up is that there's not much to discuss if you've only seen 30 shows. By the way, from experience, it's not about what you discuss with people, it's about how cool AND knowledgeable the people you discuss with are.

You should have chosen your friends better.

I know how you feel. You either have to demonstrate to them that you have superior and respectable taste, or just go so far down the bad anime rabbit hole (the one that ends with boku no pico) that your friends don't talk to you anymore. Or just lie and say you don't watch it, which is what I do, while chuckling as the autist next to me explains why I should try watching something called "sword art online" (this actually happened). On the off chance that someone who doesn't know that I watch any anime tries to talk to me about Texnolyze or Blue Sub then I can respond pleasantly surprised, I win either way. Forcing yourself to stoop to the level of CGDCT or reichaboos to get yourself anime friends is 100% not worth doing. If you already have shitty anime friends, then feel free to lose these friends in the most tactless manner for the both of you, they won't be outgoing enough to denounce you to normal people for doing so. I went the boku no pico route, but feel free to be creative.

>having friends
>talking to people about anime
>being a self-admitted casual
>having a fucking crunchyroll account
>making shit /adv/-tier threads about "defending yourself" from accusations of "degeneracy"
Go back to wherever you came from.

This is THE worst thread I've seen all year.

this post is top-tier cringe

I get you, but they are just a very noisy minority of retards. You just have to learn to ignore them. It's not more harder than that, and try not to be so easily influenced or you might never enjoy anything.

>cringe
Go back to where you came from.

No. You should join anime subculture.
If you like animies you can't watch normal movies and read normal books. Wear anime shirt with cute girls. You classmates should acknowledge your weebism

Yes, just don't talk about it to no one. No one.

You are a retard whom Sup Forums doesn't want.

Do mods ban people on Sup Forums now for dubs posting in off topic/shit threads?