but he looked like a chibi cunt
>genuinely believing animation is a reason an anime is bad alone

FMA

>multiple plot contrivances and asspulls
>boring, underdeveloped cliché characters
>horrendous tone killing humor
>non existent world building

FMA 2003, of course.

nobody is going to care about it in 2-3 years i bet, it's just trendy right now just like MHA

flcl

Never said that. It's however a flaw.

Sure he did in the episodes where he was 11. In Brotherhood he just looked fat.

but it's not even following the source material
the philospher stone looked like fucking play doh as well

and i never asked for the flaws, i asked for other animes that are better yet you haven't done posted any

So it was darker

FMAB has more good animation, but if looking at the best of either series - 2003 wins. Also directing is wayyy better, colors done better. FMAB looks bland in ways comparatively

>Attempt to name a more FLAWLESS anime as FMA:B
>FLAWLESS

Unironically kill yourself kid

FMA is the most borderline anime i can think of

You first nigga

FMA:B made by kyoani

>Something is good by merit of being a faithful adaption
FMA was a deeply flawed manga to begin with. FMA took the premise, made it its own and did something interesting with it. Brotherhood is flawed BECAUSE it's a faithful adaption. Especially when it comes to the use of humor, which is much more innocuous on page but completely tone-destroying on screen. There's a big difference between a manga and a television show, and good adaptions know to change things to accommodate. And besides, Brotherhood was a shitty fucking adaption for the part that FMA already covered anyways.

Wasn't even done yet, not to mention being canon isn't the end-all way to universal perfection. End of the day, it's ALL fiction

but its not canon so its worthless
Nothing is truly flawless in the world so stop nitpicking you cunt now name another anime better so i can pick that shit apart

have you ever thought it's just nostalgia causing you to believe it's really "better"???

90s Berserk series.

2003 FMA is awful melodramatic bullshit

Your post is what's worthless

yeah sure but only for the first 95% of the anime

No since I watched them both back-to-back for the first time 2-3 years ago. Right off the bat thought OG was better, but I was liking the buildup later on in Brohood, but got kinda meh second half

well that's interesting I thought Brotherhood was more well rounded and plus I think the OG manga had a better story

yeah i enjoyed FMA plot more because it seemed less cliche
of course the ending left a lot to be desired and thats where FMAB did a better job somewhat
theyre both damn good in my opinion

Brotherhood got too caught up in being a nonstop adventure and missed the greatness of the 2003 anime in focusing on set characters and the actual brothers. Edward also got tested a lot more and grew into a much more interesting character. The lore also was cooler in 2003, and I liked the secretive down-to-earth tone the story had. Brohood's too flashy for its own good, but still alright

Seirei no Moribito is pretty great.

Yes, I have considered that possibility. And I have concluded that FMA, while flawed in its own right, has better direction, a better soundtrack, more thematic weight, more consistently good animation, a more appealing artstyle, better tonal consistency and less obnoxious bullshit. The ending of Brotherhood was an absolute clusterfuck. I'd take robo-archer and alternate universe nazis over following 20 under-developed "main" characters doing who cares anymore against a villain who's motivation is so trite and unrelatable that he could fit right at home in fucking Magi.

>NTR in the flop
>being relevant

I thought the anime ending for 2003 was perfect actually, thematically and tonally. The Shamballa movie is epic and really well-done, but it doesn't really add thematically to the anime ending and kinda weakens it, but still love the premise and execution of it. Brotherhood's ending was again too flashy, and I wasn't a fan of how conveniently Edward giving up his alchemy was handled, compared to 2003s

Colors in Fmab are so dull

>Anime is called "Brotherhood"
>Has less actual brotherhood in it than the original
How ironic.

I made a video comparison of these scenes, may be blocked though

youtube.com/watch?v=v_4t1djKTX0

Your video has been blocked, man. But I appreciate the effort.

I would say Brotherhood does look better in most of these side by sides but there are a couple where 03 does it better

the lore in 2003 is absolutely atrocious, fuck off

Pokemon Black and White.

Edward has better development in Brotherhood, he becomes less cynical and learns to trust in others

2003 is awful he just becomes more of an angsty cunt

I seriously fucking hated the whole Rose shit going on near the end of FMA. Not to mention the retarded shit they did with Archer.

When did Edward not trust in others? He becomes less cynical in 2003 too

03 liked to use the characters it already had instead of introducing new ones every couple of chapters and forgetting about the rest.

How they handled Archer was odd, but it barely affected things anyways. The zombies and sloth in brohood are definitely more retarded. The dancing scene with Rose is errie in a good way and theres a reason she's there

MADE IN ABYSS

FMAB brought us the Ice Queen

I'll take mama ovr that anyday

Brotherhood stopped introducing new characters by the halfway point

Why are her eyes so fucked up? Imagine how much better she would have looked if she had been in 03.

that's FMA, not FMA:B, except for the humor

>Roze getting raped
>Their mom being used as humonculus
>Wrath being a brat and general actually pissed off dude instead of calm
>unbirth thing with Trisha and said wrath
>Dante's endgame
>universe/timeline that allowed "Conquerer of SHambala"

you know 2003 might not be canon but it had a WAAAAAY darker tone and I actually can appreciate that a bit over the remakes canon generic shonen happy end.

Violet Evergarden

He looked fat but he got manlier by the end of the show. 2003 Ed was always a twink.

It looks like they were trying to illustrate the fucked uppednesss of the situation by using a bleak and washed out color pallet, but it doesn't work for the scene. It makes sense from the perspective of Tucker, who is feeling cold and detached, but Edward is our perspective character. He washed out colors don't match with the anger he feels in this scene. 03's pallet is more appropriate, with it's warm tones from the candlelight. The light source is also casting shadows, as if hinting at the dark truths about alchemy that have been hiding out of the brother's sight. The things that happen in the shadows.

Brotherhood sure liked to use those dutch angles.

What is your favorite FMA doujin? Mine is this one. I fapped to it the most of all Win & Ed series doujins, followed by the second-to-last one and the first one.

>Forced and overacted drama
>Childish humor
>most characters, including the main, are mediocre at his best.
>Based in equivalent exchange and energy conservation, but an empty armor can move and see without eyes.

Does 2003 fix the humor that's so obnoxious it actually damages characterization?

I'm not sure what your last point has to do with anything. FMA is a fantasy series. Alchemy is magic science. He sees with soul magic.

03 Still had the humor but there was less of it.

FMAB was a pretty flawed anime though. All the comedy bits, the subpar directing half the time, the rushed early bits, and so on.

The manga FMA, however, is virtually flawless.

>live action version
>Every character is Japanese
every time.

FMA isn't even good as hxh's worst arc.

FMA:
>comedic asides constantly ruining dramatic tension
>homunculi underdeveloped as characters
>main villain is typical "i wanna be god" power hungry sociopath
>some side characters completely dropped near the end and only referenced in the epilogue
>pointless inclusion of the not-Chinese characters
>Trisha, Nina, and Hughes hardly get any screentime compared to 2003 yet are all major motivational forces for the main characters
>defeats the big bag with typical power of friendship bullshit
>called "brotherhood" yet the relationship between Ed and Al feels cheaper and less developed than 2003

HxH:
>comedy is less frequent and smartly written when it does surface
>well developed antagonists with incredible arcs; Meruem alone shits on the entire FMA cast
>no defined main villain, every character has their own distinct motivations and moral compass that can't be separated into good and evil
>side characters are incredible (Shoot, Knuckle, Ikalgo, Welfin, etc)
>realistic endings that are never solved by mindless fighting
>main duo relationship is developed well across hundreds of chapters and culminates in the story's most compelling moments

Where the fuck is a Japanese movie studio supposed to find a full cast of native Japanese speaking white actors who can also conceivably pull off the role? And also, who fucking cares. Live action adaptations of anime movies will be shit no matter who is cast.

Are you implying that the Chimera Ant arc is hxh's worst arc? Because fuck you.

03 handles it wayyy better, alot more natural

FMA is one of those series that I just never got into the doujins for. Still, this was a pretty amusing one.

>>realistic endings that are never solved by mindless fighting
>>side characters are incredible
All blatantly overly bias opinions coming from an obvious fanboy, and this is coming from an HxH fan himself.

What is exactly flawless? Almost everything about this series sucks.

Kemono Friends is better

Yeah, ending of Brotherhood was basically everyone getting everything and no one loses anything permanently

Fight me

You again....

Brotherhood has way too many characters that they try to focus on, ending up with no one getting any actual development

Came here to post this

What's the name of that

Yeah, it isn't constant like in brotherhood

>shounenshit
>flawless

there literally isn't and I'm completely honest

Yes, until you get a complete gag episode that is also the last instance of any humor in the entire series

>>called "brotherhood" yet the relationship between Ed and Al feels cheaper and less developed than 2003

That's just the western title though. The "Brotherhood" isn't a thing in Japan. It's just Fullmetal Alchemist.

>Kite was the same fucking shit that Nina or Hughes in FMAB
>Palm episodes wanting to fuck Gon in the middle of the arc.
>All the ants except for a few ones were underdeveloped

You're using the best arc in HxH as example and even then you fail .

Is the FMA:B movie worth watching?

Yeah no. The beginning is considered to be the most well done, but the moment it goes with anime original stuff the more it becomes...well not this good.

The most craven parts were turning Grant from a cool dude into a murderous asshole, Kimbley from a guy with a utterly bizarre P.O.V. of the world and with a set of his own equally bizarre life rules into a generic sociopath and made the Ishvalans into more in line with generic muslims.

Also that Archer guy being an asshole, somehow surviving half of his body DISINTEGRATING EVEN THOUGH HE HAD NO RIGHTS TO, and later turning him into a cyborg.

COME ON!

Which one is more faithful to the manga? That's the one I'm gonna watch.

Scar did nothing wrong.

I liked awaken guttany

Fma start is better then b. B ending is better then fma
I feel to get the full effect of nena and huges you need to watch fma as they are in it for much longer

Cringey humour and chibi is a big flaw

LMAO, emo shit, pathetic edward, useless Alphonse, many undevelloped and useless character, plot easy to guess and shitty ending, the only good think in FMA 2003 esvept for the music was the homonculus treatment, for the rest it's like a filler filled anime, and Dante was a shitty antagonist.

>Protagonist gets overshadowed by his much more interesting brother
>Villian gets overshadowed even harder by basically everyone that works for him

Is there some narrative reason i'm missing or what?

This

Today I will remind you.