Have a nice, memorable and atmospheric OP with lots of original animation and a great song with unique latin vibe to it

>have a nice, memorable and atmospheric OP with lots of original animation and a great song with unique latin vibe to it
>replace it with a random clipshow with clips from episodes we've already seen no less and generic jpop on top that doesnt even sound all that great

Fucking why. This OP went from something I never skip to something I always skip.
Listen to this, why would they throw this away?
streamable.com/9l45e

Other urls found in this thread:

track4.mixtape.moe/osvkjh.webm
track3.mixtape.moe/bypwct.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cm7I18jps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do they still use the GOAT ED

No, new ED also sucks.

The ED was good too.

no

seriosly were they forced at gunoint
>NOOO WE NEED NEW OP

>Elias' Chise form in this episode
I have confused feelings manly in my dick

does anyone still think elias will betray chise and the point of the story is chise developing independence

i'm having a hard time seeing where this show will go

sort urself out

This bothers me too.

no, but he will learn jealousy

second cour is dropping everything pretty hard

it looks a bit worse but in general I think it's still god

The worst part is that the first OP could have easily been been reused by changing the montage at the end with different shots

It's what I'd thought they'd do and now I wish they did

Chises smile and optimism : gone

>story turns into Chise becoming a strong independent Sleih Beggey who don't need no magus.

I'd still watch it.

unattractive colour

The first opening was just clips from the show as well.

no
it was 1:10 of original animation and 20 secs of clips

Now that's just plain wrong.

I haven't watched it since the second cour began, is it really that bad?

the OP, yes

The original parts didn't look that good, anyway. There's a sequence with thorns going around and it looks like they played it at 3x speed. Whoever directed the OP's for this show sucks ass.

it matches the pace of the music pleb

>have a nice, handsome adult man form with a powerful masculine vibe to it
>transform into silver chise when some shota plays with your skull-face

Elias, what are you doin'?

I'm sure there are better ways to keep up with the music than speeding up the visuals so much you have to use clips from the show to fill time.

So, did I like the new episode?

If you think this is bad here's Akatsuki no Yona's OP1:
track4.mixtape.moe/osvkjh.webm

Pretty good stuff, even instrumental which is rare.

And here's OP2:
track3.mixtape.moe/bypwct.webm

Ooohhh fuck.

Oh and what actually makes OP2 so bad is that it recycles a lot of footage from the first one, which in combination with the out of place electronic music makes it seem like an AMV.

what the hell are you talking about
you think they used some clips because they "ran out" of stuff after "speeding up" the previous sequence (they didn't, it was designed to be this way)

You hated it

>This OP went from something I never skip to something I always skip.
IKR, feels bad man.

You liked it, and think Stella is cute. You think the new OP is bad though.

Never watched that show but i personally like OP2 more

You think Silky needs more screentime

These are all great ideas. I liked Stella and what was there, but I also hated it because there was not enough Silky.

There must be some kind of contractual obligation to switch from a distinctive and memorable OP that a show premiers with to something generic down the line.

Still at least they made good use of it in the show
>that fucking acapella moment during Chise's flight

>contractual obligation to switch from a distinctive and memorable OP that a show premiers with to something generic down the line.
FLOW from Code Geass was untouchable. Then they replaced it by worst OP.

What did she mean by this?

Chise is pure.

so blondie fucked a bunch of people in her slum days right
gotta pay for that fix

She was like 12

So maybe

It reminds me of G-Reco's second OP using some random J-pop song that has no connection to the visuals, which are just clips from the show itself. This is more egregious since the recycled animation is almost entirely from the first cour, some of which was also used in the first opening.

exactly
how else is a 12 year old girl gonna come up with drug money

I didn't hate it but it seemed like filler. I don't read the manga though.

When is this show gonna turn dark?
It will turn dark right???

Yes, it was shittily designed.

ok lad

Where can I find doujin about Elias mindbreaking Chise and raping her?
Asking for a friend, haha.

It's London so...pulling out her knife and demanding money. There's some neighborhoods there that make Detroit look like a vacation spot.

but she's still a little girl

I like the new OP
I wish more OPs were just a sequence of some of the prettiest looking scenes in the series
the first OP had 1 minute of literally nothing

>the first OP had 1 minute of literally nothing

Read the manga. Seriously.

nice argument crossboarder

> Replace it with a random clipshow

But that's what both OP's were?

I really don't see how anyone could like either of the OP's the only good parts were the first half of the first OP where it was still all slow and mysterious, after that, like the second op, it just devolves into a clip show while the song goes by and is generally super unfitting.

The only good thing in the OP/ED aspect was the first ED, everything else was garbage.

New OP and ED were a mistake.

>New OP and ED
Does that ever turn out better than the original?

I think showing clips from the episodes somehow worked with OP1 because we were yet to see them. It created some hype for what's to come and when the scenes did happen in the show, recognizing them from the OP was something to look forward to. When I fist saw the second OP, I seriously thought that they were just doing a recap episode. Recyclying footage was a mistake, it looks like a crappy AMV with a disgusting song.

Speaking of EDs, I wish a full version of the OVA ED existed. I love it.

What is there to argue? Obviously stuff happens, it's not nothing.

> Somehow worked with OP1 because we were yet to see them

Even the first few times I watched it I figured that it looked cheap and weird, the song and the clips go by way to fast to be appreciated, for a show like this, I figured they should be able to put the effort in to make a proper OP, but as it is, both of them are just jumbled messes, like I said, only thing I liked and that felt fitting for this show was the first ED, the second one isn't as bad as the OP's but it still feels really generic.

The cheeky little cunts there don't give a fuck. I've seen kids younger than that try to mug people.

20 seconds out of 90 are clips
even less what Id call random

When it's the chorus of the song and the first half of the OP had been leading up to it I'd expect more than just a super fast cut of clips that don't mean much of anything without context.

The first half of the first OP is good since it has a mysterious magical vibe but once it gets to the chorus, the main part of the song, it just devolves into a supercut of clips that make no sense to the viewer. For a show like this, I expected something a little more subtle, or at the very least, not a fucking clip show.

Meh, first one wasn't so good either. Full of spoilers, and also a clipshow. Don't fucking lie. Song itself was great, had this flamenco/latino vibe to it I've never heard used in an anime but both openings sucked monkey balls.

>Song itself was great, had this flamenco/latino vibe to it I've never heard used in an anime

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cm7I18jps

I agree that Wit could have made a proper OP instead of putting random scenes from the show, but at this point, I'll take OP1 over OP2.

Wouldnt it be better to wait till the anime is done and then read?

I thought tiny elias was chise and his abomination before I read the manga

They could have just replaced the clips at the end and it would've been a better OP.

Sure, at least OP 1 had a good first half, but as it is, both are still bad OP’s

compared to what? I think the first OP is good

>Japanese
>Latin
You wot underage

With the show looking so pretty, one really expects better OPs.

theres more to a song than the language of the lyrics

Compared to decent OP’s. I mean come on clip show OP’s are probably the most lazy think you can do, and for a show like this I’d expect a little more effort.

As it is, the chorus is just too fast and jumbled to be appreciated, and just throwing in a bunch of fast clips with 0 context is just lazy and cheap.

Honestly, I like the new OP by itself. Mostly because I love May'ns voice. I agree that it does not fit the show though.

I can pretend she's some kind of faery, good thing I don't speak Japanese.

She's the ginga no yousei.

Who would win in a fight? Chise or Chise Blanco?

I miss that ED

chise

this

>Chise or Chise Blanco?
Obviously, we'd be the winners, as long as we got to watch.

Same record label.

op was good but i still skiped it sometimes, ED1 it's the true masterpiece

120% agree

this was my chill down anime before sleep and that song was nice and soothing, new one inst even slightly chill

It wasn't filler. Stella is Chise's first real friend.

interesting

Is this your first two-cour show or something?

its not always bad
and rarely is the drop so drastic

Well there you go, you got one of the bad ones. Nothing you can do about it since the production committee probably had a deal with May'n since the beginning. I agree they should've kept the first OP though.

So, the longest living Mahoutsukai threads are the ones that are not about episodes?

May'n is utter shit

The production committee has May'n and Junna's record label on it, but May'n is releasing an album soon, so they obviously want to promote her.

we can talk about why episode 3 was the best

It was the same thing for me when I watched Brynhildr. Even though the show was shit, the instrumental OP was so good that it kept me roped in. Then the second OP came in, and it was some shitty screamo track. Why even?

>Next week; The Eternal jew strikes again.

What you're trying to say is that Sup Forums was right?