Darling in the FranXX

What is it about this show that makes it so engaging?

The great soundtrack helps. The ED in particular is extraordinary.

New 4-koma out.

Speaking of the ED, is there a full version yet?

It's an anime original so people can actually talk about what happens next instead of what does and does not get adapted.

It has a good soundtrack and plenty of fanservice to go with it.

It's a rare feat of grandiose robot 2D animation in a long while so even while it's not extremely detailed, there's still lots of depth and sakugra to the animation for people who like that.
And it's been a wild ride so far.

Reposting since new thread:
Kokoro and Fatty will be the first sacrifice, they are nice people that get along and do their job well enough, they are probably liked by the whole team. We will get an episode where Kokoro will tell Ichigo that she has romantic feelings for the fatty but he doesn't aknowledge them since he is probably too low on self esteem to think a pretty girl like her would like him. A monster will show up a big bad dude, the whole team will have a hard time, including Hiro and 02, then Kokoro and Fatty will sacrifice themselves to kill the monster, their last scene will be Kokoro telling Fatty she loves him and they both smile as they die.

This will be the episode that will set the mood for the rest of the show after the initial "get on the robot Hiro" arc gets resolved, we will shift to "oh shit monsters are actually really bad and kill people we should do something about it". Ichigo will have a mental break down and start question her whole existence since she failed as a leader and as woman.

>It's an anime original so people can actually talk about what happens next instead of what does and does not get adapted.
This really is the heart of it all. Adaptations are boring to discuss. And you're bound to get spoiled unless you already read what it's adapting.

Because the Self-insert is perfect.

>plenty of fanservice
I haven't seen much fanservice in the last 2 episodes though

translation when?

>gentle fendom
>fanservice
>MC mans up a bit
>mechas are cute
>anime original so we don't know what will happen and have to disect everything seen and heard to try to predict what will happen
>predictions can be fun

I am going to send Ichigo a video of 02 and Hiro making out!

002 is such a fucking whore. She should diaf after being raped by a pack of aids niggers.

Ichigo is the most relatable character. And she's a good leader on top of it. It sucks that they can't seem to get anything done without the Mary Sue pair and mech.

>engaging
Its pretty obvious that this is your first mecha anime

Ichigo stop posting.

>Sup Forums being able to self-insert into a character who manned up in episode 4

Do I have to post 'THAT' pic, Ichigo?

so much fanart

02 is an asshole

I wonder if we'll keep getting Dance Like You Wanna Win scenes

>gentle fendom
It reminded me a lot of the To Love-Ru’s comedy moments between Rito Yuuki/Momo and Rito Yuuki/Mea.

>soundtrack
Has been incredibly bleh thus far and screams "Sawano was too busy so we got his understudy"
>It's a rare feat of grandiose robot 2D animation in a long while so
...there was literally a 2D mecha anime last season and it looked better than this.

NO STOP IT I'M GOING TO TELL PAPA FUCK OFF

>I haven't seen much fanservice in the last 2 episodes though

Do you not want to get kabedonned by a dominant girl you love just as you're getting finished in the bath?

True. She is disloyal to Hiro and let another man ride her.

This has been an enthralling four episode arc. He discovers he has a magic girlfriend and great responsibilities, spends two episodes shirking those responsibilities at pretty much no cost to anybody, spontaneously decides "Wait, maybe being the best, most important and awesome dude with a quirky manic pixie girlfriend will be aces after all," and now he has accepted his role, getting us right back to where we were at the end of episode one, only with about 1% less existential angst. Don't worry. I'm sure it'll come slamming back like a sledgehammer next week.

Which is to say that it was another very dull episode with the standard 15 minutes of sitting in a circle, talking, followed by three minutes of 'action', mostly by cutting away to the briefing room talking about it, and a minute or two of the good guys murdering the hell out of some poor helpless giant insect. The dire consequences last week are nothing more than a little light PTSD, not even enough to stop him from being sent right out in the next fight. And, of course, the next fight was about half stills and half a giant centipede simply sitting there getting stabbed. If gasps and declarations of the hopelessness of the situation counted, then sure, it was super tense. If times that it attacked anybody are what we're going by though, it was about as dangerous as a fluffy blanket. And on the character front, we have our glorious protagonist finally stepping up to the plate to assume his role as protagonist. Not because he's particularly awesome. Not because he shows grit in the face of adversity. Not for any heroic reason. Just because he's the designated protagonist. And that makes him the very bestest ever. Yawn.

The show has been dull as shit thus far

Stop forcing this shit. There is absolutely nothing special about this show.

Because It's babby's first Eva ripoff

It's medicore as fuck

Engaging show is something you could watch episode after episode, here I just watch and don't feel bad that next one will be next week

Last engaging show which aired was Houseki no Kuni

it makes sense. The Pistil girl’s nervous system literally combines with the mecha, hence the spinal part lighting up on their suits, and then the Stamen Pilot literally pilots her body by connecting to her mind with the butt controls, and therfore moves the mecha with her.
Also, the robots are designed using as a basis the pistil girl’s body who will use it.

I play it

It's the Greatest Love Story Ever Told, that makes it special in my book.

I..I think you replied to the wrong person user...

hello 15

CUTE

It's really fucking bad, the people who are trying to meme this show are retards

>More couple hijinx down the road
Saturday can't come soon enough

C U T E
U
T
E

What do you dislike about it?

nope, see ''after being raped by a pack of aids niggers''. a lot of ex-partners used 02's body before Hiro.

base an entire show on the episode that shinji and asuka pilot together and gurren lagann desire to escape an enclosed place, turn rei into the shitty tsudere, remove most of the emo from shinji, and turn asuka into a genki alpha
change the cores and blood color of the not angels to blue, and add moe faces to the mechas
its brilliant

VEGfags on full force today

Does 02 breast feed Hiro before they go to bed?

It's the directing more then anything, character interactions and setting are really great too, but it's the direction that pull it all together so well.
A lot of great shots, excellent character animation(really expressive facials), and of course the music, i distinctly remember this show really pulling me in an grabbing my attention.
That being said episode 4 had the weakest direction so far, but it was still good because of the plot progression and fun fight sequence.

Anyways this is just one of those shows man, it has the special stuff.

>it's Sunday
>have to wait 4 days for PV and six for episode
Watching ongoing anime was a mistake

it's good buddy. sorry to break it to you.

They should be careful. If they don't watch out, people might misinterpret this show into being about sex.

I love these so much

02 and her relationship with the MC.
There are not nearly enough cute assertative girls in anime, or other media for that matter

Are there lolis in this show?

>it gets a second-hand girl.

poor Hiro

>taking away the doctors game ideas
What cruel woman Nana is

translate

Yeah what a poor fucking guy.
Imagine this happening to you haha.

It’s like the Eva’s but replacing the mother with the girls

Just watched the episode - why did you hype it so much? It was insultingly boring

>_

You could just say, make E7 but with Anemone and Dominic as the main character and get across more or less the same concept.

There's a cute petite girl!

The soundtrack sucks, especially compared to other mecha anime

So, a better E7 that doesn't take 50 episodes, a shitty sequel and a shitty movie to make a point?

The soundtrack is really weak.

SO Hiro's metaphorical dick is just too long? It extends beyond the range of the average, pitiful psychological vagina and "overflows," causing the problems with normal girls?

Thankfully 02's boundless klaxisaur depths can receive him fully.

>the last image in the set

why isn't this me?

kinda

Not even trying to hide that he is Dr. Wily

Anemone was an unlikable cunt for 40 episodes
Stop talking about her please.

Thanks

Go to get sleepy watchig Viiolet evergarbage.

(me)
I'm sorry I didn't mean to shit on E7. I liked it and had fun watching (most) of it.
I will never forgive bones.

I never doubted you for a second!

I can't tell if this is a shitpost or not

THREADLY

Can't remember the last time It pained me to have to wait every week, kill la kill was fun to watch with Sup Forums but it was honestly too stupid and I didn't watch it weekly cause i wanted to know what happens next but rather to enjoy the hype rush with Sup Forums.
This time I'm out here watching live broadcast and shit, then downloading the torrent, then streaming it, then watching it with a friend.

Someone needs to give Nana a hard dicking so she stops being a cunt.

Low-esteem betas have found a perfect self-insert, a worthless depressed sack with shit who gets suddenly noticed by a beautiful top-tier girl for no apparent reason other than magical deus ex machina.

Wow this is pathetic

/threadly

Whatever happened to the original partner of Hiro. Did she die?

It has a perfectly designed waifu. That's about it.

>Americans get out of their baptist church where they are told to believe the world is flat and to take out more mortgages while praising Jesus
>Shitposting intensifies

They said she was fine after the attack and in hospital.
But given what we know of how APE treats them and basically consider them disposable if they can't pilot, that was probably a lie to avoid the kids getting sad and they just threw her in body in a dump.

She's not dead.

I thought she got blowed up by the first klax

Birdman is growing stronger by the thread

She will be the evil 02 and kidnap Hiro from 02.

She's "not dead" and "recovering" at a "hospital."