twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, obviously.

>tfw we'll never see kaiji S3, akagi S2 nor other fukumoto's works serialized

Another surprising truth:
7 > 2

rock>scissor

how are they even related
kaiji is the best thing in its own category though

It's probably the other way around if you compare only the first 26 episodes of both series.

Kaiji Part III is almost as awful as the second half of Death Note, btw.

7 > 4 > 2 > 8 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1

Solely for the battle of wits thing.
That's because autistic turds like you don't even try to understand what mahjong is. I agree with you though.

same era of madhouse doing silly/edgy mangas, same studio, same composer (rip).

Kaiji is not getting worse as you grow old, DN is.

Dropped his stupid ass before he tried to trick THE FUCKING PRESIDENT of all people with a MAKESHIFT LOTTERY BULLSHIT, after just scoring an insane win that could've helped the dude who killed himself for his daughter.

I couldn't take his dumbass dropping the ball every goddamn time.

>6 that low

Liar Game has much better mind games than Kaiji (but i still prefer Kaiji overall).

He's desperate and got addicted to gambling, what do you expect?

It was a great plan though and it actually almost worked, plus he was right, that was basically his only chance to get any kind of vengeance for all his dead friends and all the injured guys and Tonegawa, and his only chance to get ahead in life.
I can get people hating him for not noticing what Hyoudo did, that was stupid, but if you dislike him for taking the opportunity given to him then you're in the wrong.

How do you know about that if you dropped it before the lottery?

>that time the narrator from Kaiji was in Hidamari Sketch

Shonenshit where everybody walks off everything ate your brain lad. He saw a bunch of really ugly deaths like Tonegawa not switching off electricity ON PURPOSE, and lost his mind. Also lost a ton of blood.

He didn't really have any reason to think the president was particular clever, and definitely not more clever than Tonegawa, since he'd just singlehandedly cost Tonegawa the e-card game.

Because there was a season 2 that exists when I picked it up, so I just did the math. A makeshift lottery box. On the fucking. President. Come the fuck on.

Kaiji being such a huge dumbass just ruined it for me.

yet

I agree with you regarding the games, though Kaiji (like other fkmt's works), do a better job with everything else imho, like chara design, philosophical thoughts, story and so on. For example now i'm reading 17steps and i would totally feel empathetic for the overall situation because it feels real even if it's "simple" (cheap tricks etc.). don't get me wrong, i also liked a lot Liar Game, even the tv drama, but fkmt is too good in what he does, i mean, along all the others things he did 6 fucking entire mangas about mahjong and succeeded to keep all of them fresh. it's simply astonishing.

>There is a Kaiji pachinko machine
I thought the bog arc was a big "Fuck pachinko" message so maybe it's my own fault for misinterpreting
Kaiji is trash, the manga isn't pretending otherwise. sure, he has some redeming qualities/potential but everyone does.

He wanted to do something he had control over. It was a better idea than playing any of the president's games

>fuck pachinko
>the only thing you can see about the part that follows in the manga is only available on a pachinko screen
the irony.
( source: youtube.com/watch?v=4SGBX3xKwFo )

fukumoto senpai plays kaiji VR lolol youtube.com/watch?v=BHL9ao4hIjo

Why even compare like that?

Trash taste. Nothing in this post makes sense

17 steps has the most clever and insane tricks of the series.

Kakegurui>Kaiji

>gambling
>females
lol

At least the fag compares two honest ongoings.

Exactly, because these feel so relatable even if someone wants to repeat it IRL... I mean, there's nothing too sensational about it and yet it's perfectly fine for example the eye signals between miyoshi and kaiji, very simple yet genial; but like you said there's even clever stuff like the thing that both players are cheating in the same way. i probably didn't explain myself too well, i'm drunk and not a native speaker, but who the fuck cares i love kaiji and i must show my love for it.

Nice bait. Still, you deserve an Akagi Punch for being so retarded for even thinking of a bait so low.

The soundtrack for both series is composed by the same guy. Really good stuff.
Wonder if he ever got out of prison.

>Kaiji builds two hands and swaps them at the last moment so all of Muraoka's winning tiles end up locked in his hand
He became so smart.

>the frame is even on some Sup Forums banner, but it's an anime original face
How would I ever recover, my life is a lie.

Absolute garbage taste.
Although I still like the first two parts more and part 3 can be a bit slow to get rolling, it quickly turns into a wild ride with some of my favorite moments in the series.

It's hands down a very well made character, some people hated him for some genuine choices/errors he made, and that's one of the things that makes him even more appealing to me, because it feels very real; i probably never saw a character so well done in an anime/manga. Regarding your comment, well, in time of crisis he always showed some teeth and claws, no matter if these are going to crumble easily. Like the blood on the e-card; that was some good shit, you could feel the tension with your very hands.

Yeah FKMT's writing is top notch. I love Kurosawa but I think more of Kaiji as a character because of the insane amount of thoughts and monologues we get from him.

Akagi is still the best though.

>tfw even Sup Forums big shots know that fukumoto is a god among mangakas and show us with a custom banner of it
Seriously though, nobuyuki's works are, among the other things, a gold mine of MEEMS.

Manga aside, here's some examples
youtube.com/watch?v=WmSszVZlTvM
youtube.com/watch?v=pCRVdW3OEn4
youtube.com/watch?v=AMR6WSNQRGw
youtube.com/watch?v=znlir_Br40I

It's impressive how nips loved the end of Ten so much they made dozens of animated MADs of it. I cry evrytime.

I love me some Kaiji although I feel like tension building is a bit of a double edged sword especially as the gambles get longer and longer. On one hand, it often works quite well and has me on the edge of my seat. Other times though it just feels like they're going through the same cycle of

>Clearly he's thinking X
>But wait, that's too obvious so it must be Y
>Wait wait wait he'd expect that, so in that case it's X
>No, actually he wouldn't do that so it must be Y after all

I still love it but it at times it just feels like it's being dragged along to a needless extent, especially when the characters' logic go in circles like five times.

if dubs another season

He managed to make an anime about mahjong so fucking good it's astonishing. Like, i know a shitton of people that even at the end of the show didn't know fuck nothing about mahjong and still loved it. Let's not talk about the ridiculous time arc that Washizu Mahjong has gone through, 20 fucking years if i'm not mistaking (it ended only three days ago on the manga, unbelievable), and even so, people loved it, waited for it, grew up with it. It's undeniable this guy is amazing, and i'm very sorry that he's turning 60 because clearly we'll not see much more of him. Hell, i would even masturbate on those noses, i fucking love them, i worship them.

By the way, there are a lot of other mangas that are very good if someone needs more of this legend
>Zero
I liked this one so fucking much, the games feel so fresh is too good
>Buraiden Gai
>Gin to Kin
>Ten
>HERO
>Washizu
>Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa
and some others i can't remember (one in particular with some guys on bycycles or something like that).

I normally would agree with you hands down, but perhaps in this kind of work that's exactly the type of thing that makes the thing even more realistic, that is the chaos on someone's mind, the choices between two clear instances

>one in particular with some guys on bycycles or something like that
What the fuck?

I might have to pick up HERO but I don't know if I want something after Ten

Tonegawa's speeches still get to me. The combination of them being mostly rooted in harsh truth that most can relate to, but twisting that truth to throw the proverbial trash even deeper down into despair is really twisted.

Isn't that just a problem during Poker Hen and, arguably, Ecard?

I hope he wraps up Kaiji one way or the other before too long. I don't think I could stand another 8 year long arc.

The 2nd season existed solely for the fact that a movie was being made, so it was purely an advertising factor. So, it's probably already enough we have the S2. Also, i would absolutely, certainly hate an S3 for simple reasons: first of all, the music composer of Kaiji that is the same of death note is currently in prison for the shitty marijuana laws the chinks have in their rice fields, second, madhouse is obviously not the same, some other people would work on it and i can already predict that even if something was made, it's clearly not the same thing

video related: youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
kuyashii, demo sorede ii (i hate it, but it's good as it is)

>big shots
You can submit banners as an user, it's not much of a problem
>even...know
Fkmt used to be bigger here. Sup Forums played autistic dominos together more (just your usual animation induced popularity spike but still)

It still works well, no doubt. I just think it sometimes gets a tad repetitive.
Mostly yeah, but also quite a bit in part 4 I think. Not on the exact same issues, but more just it lacking variation in the problem solving was my biggest gripe.

Withstanding the test of time like FKMT did isn't a small feat.
20 years of Washizu mahjong. 27 years of Akagi.

ikr, if you see his page on wikipedia is full of works, and even so, some of them are missing. it's incredible, he's so prolific. perhaps you'll find something if you write "nobuyuki" or "fukumoto" on some manga app; that's the way i did.

>The 2nd season existed solely for the fact that a movie was being made
Thank God that trash helped produce something actually good.
Anyway, like you said there's several good reasons why it wouldn't make sense to revive, but it's also a fine part in the story to end it on pacing wise, plus you get to pretend that Kaiji doesn't get screwed over by his friends once again.

Didn't know that, i probably should lurk moar the FAQs and this kind of shit. thanks man.
Tonegawa is /r9k/ spokesman confirmed youtube.com/watch?v=wq7ttau76_Y

HAHA IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE :D

>20 years of Washizu mahjong.
It sounds huge but it is an irrelevant number. The translation of Akagi is post Kaiji s2 phenomenon.

What do you mean? The translation was top notch

Thing I don't like about Liar Game is the fucking useless titcow MC. Remove cunt, make criminal boy the only lead.

Kaiji has more raw emotional impact though. Kaiji himself is also a better character.

What a man.

At least she gets smarter after like 4 or 5 games. Too bad the ending was trash because I really liked the rest

I absolutely agree with you there, user. At the time i first saw it, i knew it was a cliffhanger to make you read the manga, but i didn't mind; hell i even liked that ending, a lot. That's because it's simply a genuine feast between old friends that didn't fuck with him, they drink, talk, laugh; and it's so bitter the thing if you think that that was the only relief they had, clearly they couldn't even imagine to challenge TEIAI again, they simply went with the flow, trying to forget, knowing that some things are simply not worth the effort. Should i take my revenge against this enormous corporation that could do me anything, like killing me? Fuck no, let's just drink some beer with my friends. that kind of thing. Don't know, at least for me it worked very well if i had to ignore the manga.

It is, but I mean it's around 6 years old.

and it was all worth it

better>worse

Exactly. I know that "hurr durr if you make this kind of character ppl can relate with her" but fuck no, everyone hated her because she was stupid, too much stupid. I would understand if you're got fool'd sometime or another, but she's simply too much of a dumbshit

I KNOW RIGHT?! OHHHHH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!! I WANT TO BE FUCKED BY THAT NOSE SO BADLY HUHHHHHHHH MLMLMLMLML IT MAKES MY DICK FUCKING ADAMANTINE, JUST LOOK AT IT. LOOK THAT FREAKING NOSE! HOW CAN YOUR NIPPLES RESIST FROM BEING TURGID ONLY BY LOOKING AT IT!! JUST.. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH I NEED TO CUM, CUM I SAID. I NEED TO CUM FOR THAT NOSE

You're on Sup Forums, there's people here that can't realize the basics of basics, so yes, it's a shocking truth for lots of individuals.

>B-but muh base 20 charisma!

Also, that character development

Shut the fuck up Washizu

Hideki Taniuchi has died? when did that happen? I only know he was arrested for carrying weed.

lolol exactly, is more like tit development then anything. By the way user, what was your favorite game? To me it must be musical chairs. It simply was genial, and i loved the setting.

I think he was being ironic... Though it's true that he might die of oldness inside of that prison, lol. Nah, just fooling around, it's simply that he has to atone lots more years if i recall correctly.

why nobody translates the fucker, all his recent stuff is basically untouched. Whyyyyyyy

What are you talking about? Liar Game is fully translated. If you're referring to Fukumoto, well, people have "better" priorities, like K-ON and shit like that.

MIRAI WA BOKURA NO TE NO NAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I want that mahjong manga with a garbage name.

pshhhhhhhhhhh

Still don't know what you're talking about man, lol. Fukumoto did 5/6 mangas about mahjong, which one are you talking about? Atsuize Pen-chan? Ten? HERO? Akagi? Tobaku Datenroku Kaiji? Atsuize Tenma?

I think Kaiji keeps people with shit taste away because they can't self-insert into someone that actually resembles their reality. Also what makes it interesting is that he keeps failing and barely makes it with his life when it matters the most. While I find his hardships and struggles entertaining I can understand why some people wouldn't like it.

Muteki no Hito.

Wow

Guess that's what they meant by One Poker

Why does Akagi touches me deeper despite me being Kaiji IRL?

This scene alone was the perfect NEET-repellent

>Muteki no Hito
Ahh you were still talking about Kaitani... Well, the reason is probably the same thing that i said before > people have "better" priorities, like K-ON and shit like that By the way, did you watch/read One Outs? That's Akagi playing baseball imho.

i cant understand shit about mahjong tho

Kaiji is a normie
Akagi has autism.

Mahjongman is Akagi not Kaiji.

Akagi is a complete character, nobody knows how Kaiji will end up.

>those two tears
DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER

I didn't read the manga then got to look at fanart to see Kaiji having a 21 on his arm like
>huh, he's got a tattoo, since when?

with Batoto gone where do you guys read Kaiji?

I feel that was a big moment for Kaiji's character. He lost his common sense and became a gambling junkie, and became too self-assured that his plan would hold up as flawless and that the game couldn't be changed beyond what he did to it. He didn't know when enough was enough and eventually beating people overrode his reasons for beating them. He winds up a tremendous wreck in the arc afterward too.

Majority of people didn't understand shit and still liked it. It's not about mahjong, it's about how Akagi utterly humiliates his enemies imho. Also, he is a legendary character and deserves to be watched for that alone like the infamous akagi punch, the gun scene with the blind man and so on and so on if you're willing to watch it and understand even a little, you're covered: if you find the streaming you should see that there's an episode 0 or something like that; it was made (?) by Sonickrazy to show us the main rules. The real problem are the chinks terms, in reality the game can be understood without too much effort.

>reminder that Kaiji didn't end up as a hooker because he's too old

FUKUMOTO WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE. STOP THIS FAN-SERVICEY WEEB FUCKERY, PLS. FUKUMOTO ALL STARS? GIMME A BREAK, IT'S FUKUMOTO ALL SHITS. FUCK CHIBIS

Rock is worst then scissor.

Reminder that this thing exists youtube.com/watch?v=BHL9ao4hIjo