Has an item that can kill anyone from anywhere at any time

>Has an item that can kill anyone from anywhere at any time
>Still gets caught

Is light the dumbest protagonist ever?

All he had to do was not try to kill L during his live broadcast

There wouldn't be a show if he didn't want people to notice he exists.

Damn, I was so mad when he lost in the end. Beaten by that fucking brat who was only introduced in the last episodes of the show. It's not fair. And it wasn't even his own fault really.

I felt the same way the first time I watched it, but rewatching it now made me understand that it makes more sense this way. Because Kira beats L on one instance, but L also defeats Kira since his successors can also be understood as part of his plan.
You can't perceive Near as the one who defeated Kira, since all of his work was built around L's.

This.
I'll never get over how easily Light lost in the end. It was too fucking stupid

I can see why it was done that way. But Near was such a shit character that it still sucked

>Chad
>fuck sexy pussy
>become a God
>Gets caught by the mistake of another person

I think the biggest fault is rather that he used the police files. What was that good for again? I don't remember.

I kind of get why L suspected a student, and even why he suspected someone that's kind of close to the police force, but why did L become so fixated on light specifically? Did he ever give logic? Or was it just a hunch?

It just made it easier for him to pick out criminals and be one step ahead

Weren't suspects narrowed down to a small group? Light was the only one with any percentage of likelihood (as small as it was) as far as L's investigation could see, so it makes sense.

When the FBI agent died, it was already narrowed down to the families of two police officers, because these were the ones the agent had observed before.

>hey I'll just write down the name of one of the FBI agents, but tell them to kill L before they die of a heart attack

Lol that was so hard.

Because Raito was super smart. L noticed patterns, noticed experiments and though the person doing it wasn't a random dumbass.

Hello speedwatcher-kun

Did someone write your name followed by "Post low effort bait before dying of a heart attack" ?

This, to be honest family.

No, actually he did it to challenge L. That was probably Lights greatest mistake. He wanted L and the police force to distrust each other by deliberately giving the hint Kira had police information. Light should have just ignored L instead of trying to beat him. Then L would have had no trace whatsoever.

Because it needs a name? How about kill everyone in the room, when Light knows L will be with the kira investigators.

you can't manipulate people to kill other people with the death note. one entry, one death.

Actions written can only be performed if they are physically possible by the person whose name you've written.
I like to believe one of the trained police officers would react to someone opening fire. You might kill one or two, but not the entire room before you'd get subdued or gunned down.
Also this:

How about allah ackar. You are just suiciding, any others dying are indirect deaths.

>Whether the cause of the individual's death is either a suicide or accident, If the death leads to the death of more than the intended, the person will simply die of a heart attack. This is to ensure that other lives are not influenced.
I suggest you go read up on the Death Note rules before asking any more "What if?" questions

indirect deaths are not allowed.