Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous

What the fuck is this shit? Why is it so damn good? Why am I crying?

I wish I had watched this with Sup Forums

I'm so glad I got super drunk one night and saw a picture of Dia on Sup Forums and thought "Imma watch that cute creature's anime".
Watching the first two episodes of HnK for the first time after having downed two bottles of wine was practically a religious experience.

>religious experience
Shit, this hits so close to home. Yeah, this is one of the few anime that got the meaning/purpose of life angle so right. At least so far. I had to put it on hold after episode 3. I am getting too emotional watching it.

is this the Steven universe ripoff?

Nah, SU's the HnK ripoff. HnK started being published a year before SU.

Me too. I just finished it recently and I would've loved see the reactions. How good did this show do? Did the japs like it enough for a season 2?

Endgame.

I think HnK had one of the most obsessed and active threads for the season it aired.
I think it sold like 5k or something, so pretty respectable.
Japs love it. Go to pixiv, search the show, there's THOUSANDS of actually good fanarts.

Damn user. Stay away from these threads till you're all caught up. Get ready for a wild ride.

Run away from this thread until you've gotten caught up. Unmarked spoilers ahoy! And they're doozies!

And Shinsha is still alone.

AOTY

delet this

Cinnamon is not allowed to have happiness.

Is Phos the Ryo or the Akira of HnK?

One of the lessons Shinsha will have to learn is to let go of hope and embrace suffering as it comes and never goes.

so, is Cinnabun the only one who could kill Sensei?
surely her posion can even kill Adamant

watch as this becomes LaPhos next plan

I want fanart of Cinnabar being happy damn it.

Can Cinnabar kill Servants?

does this qualify?

Run now while you still can, the manga is ~2 season ahead of the anime and these threads are packed solid with spoilers. Read from chapter one.

Shit. I have to find time to read the manga soon so I can look it up with out worrying about spoilers.

Best so far although she looks more bothered than happy.

It's like Red Beryl has a gun pointed to their heads or something.

>sensei's dick literally destroying Phosu's body
Nice.

I hope you're having a fun time, kid.
You'll need it.

this is a kind child

I need him back guys
The pain just wont fade

6 episodes done. I want Cinnabar to be happy.

What do you mean?

I am ok with spoilers. In general I enjoy the journey more than the destination. And Houseki no Kuni doesn't strike me as the kind of story that relies on plot twists in an essential way.

>What do you mean?
you'll know

Y-you too.

>he watches Steven's Universe

Ok, I've decided to finish it all tonight, even if it'll be over two in the morning when I'm finished. Please my heart don't break!

>Houseki no Kuni doesn't strike me as the kind of story that relies on plot twists in an essential wa
OHOHOHOHOHOHO

>And Houseki no Kuni doesn't strike me as the kind of story that relies on plot twists in an essential way.
Oh, user.

Me too. I wish I was here to see Sup Forums reaction to best gem.

Sadly, her grand exit was a bit overshadowed by the new chapter dropping in which Rutile has her breakdown over Phos stealing Pads away to the moon.

>Houseki no Kuni doesn't strike me as the kind of story that relies on plot twists in an essential way.
This is a kind user.

Goshe-sama and the Pink Banker

Check the archives. It was a glorious mess as a manga chapter dropped on the same week so we all suffered twofold. There could be a stray spoiler here and there but we were gentle and tagged most properly.
Ah, the threads were so fun, but all great things must come to an end.

Classic Ichikawa

>And Houseki no Kuni doesn't strike me as the kind of story that relies on plot twists in an essential way.
But what great plot twists they are.

underrated reply

Me too. But then I reached chapter 64 a few days ago and feel happy I can join the fun.

I love Euclase!

She knew

Was this show renewed for a second season? Seems cruel to leave a major cliffhanger, character arcs unresolved, and the major mystery of the show still unknown.

Also, this show had top-tier coloring, cinematography, action scenes, original setting... character writing still needs some work but the visuals are something else. Also the OST is interesting as well. It's almost kino, if they work on the writing a bit it could be one of the greatest.

If you love Euclase so much, why don't you have a shrine for Euclase? Even boring old Jade has a shrine, but Yucklase doesn't, how sad must it be for Sucklase to be constantly overshadowed by the plainest of rocks.

>Was this show renewed for a second season?
not enough content left, give it a year or two

The manga only got enough content for an S2 just as the anime finished airing, and it would be ending on a major cliffhanger anyway, so it will take time if there is to be another one

I am going to make one, but I can only get to it on weekends so it will take a while.

>not enough content left, give it a year or two
I think we have just about enough for a new season at this point.

I know nothing bout this except that some anons shat on it for some reason but I'll try it out judging from this thread.

no you don't, the threads were littered with idiots spouting "CGshit"

What genre is the music from the op?

I saw in a description of a cover of it that it's called "Math Rock". I listened to some other math rock and I can see the similarities but I'm not sure if the OP fits into a genre very well

>ywn be Sensei
>ywn live in an island sleeping and defending your cutiebutts
>ywn spend millions of years telling the spirits of humanity to fuck off
>ywn be betrayed by your teenager daughterfu and just kind of fuck off to the ocean to hang with the admirabilis

the last chapter makes for a great cliffender
a seacond season is totally viable

Horrible CGshit

That's not KBerserk 2017.

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come home this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

The very first HnK strip was on Ichikawa's site waaay earlier all the way in 2006, so it's even older then that.

I recommend a heavy dose of introspection followed by isolation and suffering.

>I remember when HnK threads were empty
the power of an anime adaption, whew

Lick his face or whatever.
Just don't let him come back to earth, Aechmea.
And send other gems back

Yeah, start calling it her.

Finished. Great anime. A shame about it being CGI though.
The fact that something was up with the Teacher was obvious from the start (with him being a monk and the Lunarians being spirits) but the development was very nice.

I want to free Cinnabar from the night!

I like this user.
Is that a lip bite I see there on Goshe?

Cinnabar will never be free.
Only darkness.

You watch anime Setz?
Gambare user-kun!

I do too user.

Can you post more about Ichikawa? The lack of social media references, a vague story about her actually owning lots of gems and rocks and whatnot and something about her having been planning this for over a decade fascinate me.

I refuse to accept that. I teared up at way too many scenes in this anime. Phosphophylite's journey was so damn relatable. Diamond was so sweet and huggable. And Bort and Antarcticite were so damn cool, especially the latter.

I need to stock up on fanart and read the manga now.
First, I'll go to sleep.
Good night everyone.

Yes, read the manga. So much shit happens between the end of the anime and where we currently are that its mind boggling.
Also, read from the beginning. Manga is beautiful, and worth reading, even the parts covered by the anime.

Night, user!

おやすみ

AOTY and still no S2 announce

I don't think the anime would've been as good if it wasn't CGI. All the dynamic camera movements really made the action scenes and they wouldn't have happened if it was 2D.

I think the Shiro episode proved that. Holy crap that was some amazing direction.

Good things take time.

In the hands of the right staff it would have looked way better in 2D. They constantly imitated traditional animation anyway. The anime is carried by the fact that the source material is excellent and the directing is competent. It was a matter of not fucking it up more than anything.

When'd they imitate traditional animation?

The moment i saw dia in a thread i new i had to watch it

In other words, "The anime was good, but waaaa its not 2D".
I don't know why we've been seeing this shit take so often in these threads. Is it the same supremely assravaged individual who just can't get over himself?

All the time. But it was especially evident during action scenes.

Its amazing how many people decided to watch this show because of Dia.
She's just that perfect.

The anime was good, but it could have been even better. It deserved better.

>In the hands of the right staff
that is VERY wishful thinking. Most 2D shit that gets churned out each season don't look good, and of course those would invariably look better with better staff.

I don't understand what you mean by imitate, then. Nothing stood out to me like "oh this is something you'd see only traditionally animated."

i have a hard time getting into the manga because of how nice the anime looked

oh, I thought you were talking about when they animate certain facial expressions in 2D. Of course the action scenes come from animated 2D storyboards and animatics.

>why am I crying?
Maybe you should man up and stop being a fag?

Limited animation (not 24 renders per second), posing with skipped movement like traditional animation (action snapping into place), symbolic actions that are specific to 2D animation, camera movement that is intentionally restricted to traditional animation patterns (but not always, since they could also afford tracking shots, which were used well, and rotations, which were gawdy and I'm glad they dropped them later in the series)

etc.

The anime looks great. And I say that as someone who usually loathes 3D animation.
But my loathing came from the fact that 3D animation is usually jarring and unpleasant to watch. HnK is the first time I've actually been forced to stop and reconsider my knee-jerk hatred for 3D, because it just WORKED here.

>it just WORKED here.
But it didnt, a 2D HnK would be 10 times better