The night is short, walk on girl appreciate thread

The night is short, walk on girl appreciate thread

on my backlog so i can't appreciate it yet
had to watch devilman crybaby first

It was great to visit the same universe as Tatami Galaxy again.

Otome > Akashi

It felt too derivative of Tatami Galaxy visually. Didn't care for some of the flash animation either. I give it a 7/10.

This might actually have been my favorite movie of last year.

>It felt too visually derivative
>It is set in the same universe with the same visual aesthetic

Poe's Law is strong in this one.

It was better than Tatami Galaxy.
Also great voice range from Hanazawa

Same. I watched it 3 times already.

Why was this so much better directed than Crybaby?

Waifubait.

God I love that smile.

Such a great voice.

I want to enjoy a drink with Otome

Where did the rumor of fake denki bran start? I've seen it a few times

It really feels like he just gave up halfway through the show and just killed the remaining budget on flashy animation.

All the anime original stuff in Crybaby was shit-tier.

I loved every about it except the 2 main characters, the girl was a Mary Sue and Senpai didn't have much development.

Still, I enjoyed it a lot, I loved all the side characters and the reveals and connections are brilliantly written like in Tatami Galaxy, but the movie format makes it short and sweet.

>more of the same is impressive, despite having lower quality animation
I bet you like Monogatari.

>drunk with the attention span of a plastic bag in an updraft
>better than a stoic beauty who sounds like Maaya Sakamoto

I'm sorry, but that's wrong.

I'd still go pub-crawling with her though.

Otome didn't really have anything interesting about her aside being a genki yes-girl and her amazingly good luck.

I think Devilman as a concept just clashes too much with the line of thinking of Masaaki Yuasa.
To be quite honest the only good thing about this adaptation plot-wise were the rappers and even then they kind of fall apart with the rest of the plot near the last episodes.
The execution of the humor and the shock value were also really poor, hardly justified. Most importantly Ryo was a smug son of a bitch in the manga, here he just has a severe case of autism.

Shut the fuck up about Devilman already go back to your endless threads.

Akashi was boring and autistic though.

She's not autistic, she just doesn't like dealing with other people's bullshit and tries to avoid them entirely.

It's so inferior to TTG it's not even funny. If TTG's a 9, this is a 6. Otome was a legit Mary Sue, Senpai was leagues below Watashi, the movie meanders too much, the whole Don Underwear bit harmed the movie, and the way Senpai and Otome hook up at the end felt extremely forced.
It was still marginally better than Crybaby because it didn't fall apart after the midpoint like Crybaby did, but still pretty underwhelming.
Oh, and Lu Over The Wall was even worse. I think Yuasa legitimately lost his touch.

>the whole Don Underwear bit harmed the movie
Nah, it was fun. Agreed on everything else though, except Devilman which was amazing.

There are less boring part than TTG
>otome mary sue
You didnt understand the story
>the whole Don Underwear bit harmed the movie
Shit taste confirmed

>You didnt understand the story
A character whose "flaws" do not affect their direct interactions with others might as well be flawless. But go on, tell me what I didn't understand.
>Shit taste confirmed
What part of that shallow "muh destiny" faggot's arc is appealing to you?

>everything goes well for her
>incredibly talented in several ways
>visits everyone and helps them during the cold
How is she not a Mary Sue? I could even go on with my list.
>people immediately take a liking to her
>naive and optimistic worldview that doesn't get put under test, instead she heals a cynical old man

I just put the musical segments on 24/7 permanent repeat.

>TTG's a 9
It's not. It's weird Tatami Galaxy, I would totally agree with this rating when I first watched it years ago, but I recently rewatched it and it just wasn't as good.
Really solidified the fact that Ping Pong is his best work.

I like autistic

What was Otome's name?

What was Senpai's name?

really pleasant movie, I'm sure I could come up with a few flaws but like a lot of Yuasa's stuff it just feels really comforting to watch so I'm inclined to go easier on it

it just has this romanticism to it that's really appealing

It was okay.

I already forgot most of it desu

Should have been a series instead of a movie

>he gave up on the second half so he worked harder on the second half
What?

Serious contender for best movie I've ever watched
The themes and tone really clicked with me, it felt really familiar but I was on the edge of my seat the entire time
Good shit

What was his name?

On an unrelated note; where can I buy a blu-ray version of TTG with English subtitles? I have the collectors box set which features no English subs or text (though the listing swore up and down it did).

>where
Your local anime store

Let me correct myself; Is there a version with English subs and text?

Literally took me a minute to figure out. I think you're a big boy. You can type on Sup Forums, and you could wait an hour for my reply, so you should be able to find such information on your own