Why is this so damn good?

Why is this so damn good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ryzm-Slxuro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because of this guy.

Ending got a bit too EVA for me but yeah i loved this show.

The ending like with Eva is what makes the show great, it cements the themes and shows what truly makes the characters feel real.

I want another adapation that has Trigun Maximum arcs included. It deserves a real ending

It got a real ending you pleb.

it was a clearly rushed and sudden conclusion to a story that still had a bunch of shit that needed explaining, which was trigun maximum

>tfw Vash was the good kind of moralfag
>tfw he never backed down from what he believed in
>tfw it never felt forced, it all flows with the story

Trigun was great

The intro shows his gun constantly and makes you think it's a western where he shoots criminals, and then the subversion is that he never uses his gun to kill people or hurt anyone. he is the kind of protagonist we need in the world today

Do you save the spider or the butterfly?

It's a unique western fantasy with a firmly humanitarian tone. It balances carefree and serious moods, and introduced obviously cool concepts like . It comes from a fondly remembered era, so even picking it up now is kind of nostalgic.

Great soundtrack too.

Was Knives really in the wrong though?

>eliminate all of humanity to turn the dead planet into a flourishing haven

Butterfly.

has my favorite OP of all time.

Well it is true that the humans will spread and possibly destroy the new planet in thousands of years but is killing every human worth that?
Vash says no Knives says yes.

Maybe my favourite manga of them all and the anime was great, too. I still have the ost in my main playlists and I even liked the dub.

>western fantasy with a firmly humanitarian ton
in a sci-fi post apocalyptic setting

Since he was killing innocent humans along with the ones who are responsible for the slavery of his species, he was. To make matters worse, he didn't care about the will of the plants he was using (not to say, enslaving) near the end, the very plants he was supposed to care for and were the reason he turned against humanity.

The dub is best honestly.

How good did the movie sell?
I'm guessing it was made to test interest for trigun brotherhood, but that's just a theory.

excellent exploration into strict moralism
the ideological conflict between vash and wolfwood was very well executed and there were a lot of cathartic moments showing that you can't always win
the end is satisfying and the show transitioned from episodic to plot really well

Most nips never really liked Trigun to begin with. Also that movie was from 2010, if it sparked any interest back then, a new adaption would have been happened a long time ago.

BD when?

daily reminder Legato Bluesummers was personally anal enriched by a magical fatperson.

How does the manga end again?

Because of her.

Because based cel animation

The staff at the first showing said they made it because they noticed that North America still loved Trigun and decided to reward fan loyalty with a movie. A full remake wasn't planned (someone asked).

If a remake does happen, it will likely depend on how well Kekkai Sensen does.

Should I read the manga? Trigun was like the first anime I owned. Shitty chinese bootlegs that had crabstick subs and the dub.

I don't remember anything about this anime except that I loved it.

why was such a perfect woman robbed like that

I actually forget what the narrative purpose of killing him off was

>Should I read the manga?
You'd be stupid not to, the anime ended in filler halfway through while the manga kept going so that alone should tell you how different it is.

how can you anons believe that the mangaka of this masterpiece created the piece of shit known as kekkai sensen

>Most nips never really liked Trigun to begin with
Wasn't the manga doing well back when it was running?

t.faggot

People change over the years along with that times changing I guess, that's why you see so many 1 hit wonder authors, directors, musicians, ect. They'll make something that becomes real popular or well known and once they finish that and move on to something new, its much worse if not then more boring than than their last work. They'll then go on to just being remembered for making that one real popular or unique thing. You can probably name a shit load of mangaka that this has happened too.

Cause its ISEKAI.

not really arguable after he kills the ships orbiting the planet who didn't do anything wrong.

to make my teenage self cry

milly/wolfwood was my first OTP

i liked it so much i commissioned someone to make me an AMV of the pairing to Nancy Sinatra's "Bang Bang"

>Koshi Rikdo enjoyed great success with the Excel Saga anime, which was based on like 4 volumes of the 26 volume manga
>series simply ended with no fanfare
>Rikdo went on to do nothing with his career, making manga nobody has ever heard of like Holy Brownie

disappointing desu

Yes, at least maximum. I remember the first parts to look a little weird and confusing.

It's not post-apocalyptic if there's no apocalypse. It was just a very poorly thought out colonization effort.

Earth is very much intact.

First half, anime > manga pretty consistently.

Latter half, manga >>>>>>>>> anime.

I still can't believe this got a movie a decade later, and it was everything you could have hoped for.

>this was the first anime I watched
>nothing but years of disappointment with shit series awaited me in the future
why didn't I stop it

Everything Nightow touches turns to gold, baby.

On this subject, Sword in Vanishing Line reminds me of Vash sometimes. There's a moment this week where he looms over a couple of chumps beating on some other guy and makes them, and you, think he's about to beat the shit out of them only to grab the guy and run while they're distracted. It's good stuff.

Name a cooler first episode start

Because it actually adapts the source material it knows it will never fully cover and thus creates a show that's decent and stands on it's own merits.

I know manga fags like to shit on anything "Anime original" and a lot of the time they're not without their arguments, but ideally an anime should get people into the material via being good and not delivering a half finished trailer for a book.

I mean to be fair, the manga wasn't even done when the anime was being made, so it as smart that they (presumably) made their own story out of Nightow's guidelines.

yeah but if this was made today they'd just leave it undone after 12 episdoe

Oh yeah definitely, and that's pretty much why I like how the Trigun anime did its own thing. The fact that it actually managed to make its own coherent story while keeping the essence of the original is pretty amazing.

Never read the manga but the anime was fucking garbage until the last six or so episodes, then it made watching the first twenty totally worth it. Weirdest anime experience I've had.

>watch Akagi and Kaiji (and Saki)
>can't enjoy non-strategical anime anymore
The top is lonely. Nothing can intoxicate me anymore.

He was because he was a complete autist that didn't converse with anyone before making decisions. It's actually pretty dramatic when you think of what Rem said to Vash about not leaving Knives alone
Anime Knives was just sociopathic wimp, manga Knives is kinda like a SJW
>thinks he can be a representative of the "oppressed" group and that all humans owe them(him) because some of them are evil
>so sure that he's doing justice he even ignores his siblings' will because he knows what's best for everyone
>constant rage mode

Now if only it got adapted completely.

Doesn't that just make him creepier?
>cute shota that was so emotionally and physically destroyed he became the evilest guy on the planet

I know, right?

Is the Excel Saga manga good though? I always thought the anime popularity is more related to Nabeshin's talent and parody genre being relevant in late 90s/early 2000s

Daily reminder that Wolfwood's friend should've been the titular MC. Or the manga/anime should've had a different name.

But Vash did have three guns. Also if you write Trigun in katakana, it kinda looks like Tongari, which is Vash's nickname by Wolfwood in jap.

I love the nickname he gave Vash. Needle Noggin

Some of the manga fags give anime too much shit. Trigun anime wrapped up things really well with the source material they had, the only thing I don't like is the last episode which was clearly rushed, at least give us epilogue showing Vash and Knives' life after that or something.
Some things in the manga were pretty stupid too, like Wolfwood's age.

You can do right things for the wrong reasons.

The manga far surpasses the anime, honestly it surpasses most manga I've read. The only annoying part of recommending it to people is that I'm not sure how much of the series is even still in print. My collection took a while to come together.

But it's definitely worth it. The ending is very satisfying, and the dialogue is clever as hell. One of my favorite manga ever.

The sad thing about the anime is that it was made out of info from a handful of the mangas, so you don't even get to meet Elgala, the permanent 3rd member of ACROSS from Vol7.

True joy is listening to the Trigun OP

youtube.com/watch?v=NzHe4U5c5Oc

True despair is finding out there's no longer version

Is this supposed to be a cosplay/parody or her actual outfit?
I'll give it a go, thanks. Is it more serious than the anime?

the manga is completely different from the anime. in the manga they're all actual characters with depth and development, and serious stuff happens.

Pretty much every character from Excel to the the three roommates to the mayor to ilpalazzo, all get arcs and development and backstories.

The anime is basically the three original members of across and then the similarities end there.

same with tohru fujisawa and great teacher onizuka

>series is called trigun
>main character doesn't have 3 guns
>neither of his 2 guns shoot in 3 ways at once

An Angel gun
A Prosthetic arm gun
A gun gun
Although there are 5 guns in the anime because Knives also has two

Vash literally does have 3 guns.

>Knives has a surname(albeit retarded one)
>Vash only gets a nickname
How does Nightow naming works again

>Millions Vash
>millions cow
>stampede
BRAVO

don't die yet

Loved the anime. Ended up finding a mod for new Vegas for glasses sorta like Vash's, sucks that the only mod for his revolver was trash.

oh man, i was gonna see some trigun one night

but then the fucking 2011 earthquake hit so i forgot about it lol

That's because immersion and world building are Nightow's forte
Gungrave had my jaw dropped through the whole thing and, even for all its flaws, Kekkai had a fun setting

These two also played a part. And godlike OST

the dramatic tonal shifts annoyed the fuck out of me

>serious moment
>vash takes a second to make a retarded face and cracks jokes
>even does this as dozens of innocents were being slaughtered on that ship in the sky or whatever it was

Really good balance of fun and serious moments.
Nice setting.
MADHOUSE
this guy
Nostalgia

I remember religiously reconding on vhs the show. And I remember the pain of throwing away the vhs since I haven't had a vhs player in years.
Now that I can, I should buy the dvd, probably.

Agreed.
Btw does someone know how this music is called in general? I heard Junkyard Blues or something but maybe there are other names to find more things from thin genre?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ryzm-Slxuro

Meryl is my waifu

Great soundtrack, great designs, great atmosphere/setting, boring characters, weak thematically. Through nostalgia glasses a 6/10