Would Haruhi succeed if it aired today?

Would Haruhi succeed if it aired today?

That depends. Is KyoAni still animating it?

Anime would be nothing like it is today without Haruhi so it's inconceivable how it would be received.

Yes.

No.

I don't kno---oh, sorry too fast.

Sure, why not.

I can't imagine the 2000's without Haruhi.

Doubtful, KyoAni only animates their own shitty novels.

Then no.

>KyoAni only animates their own shitty novels.
What a misinformed Anonymous you are.

Sup Forums legit would not be Sup Forums without Haruhi.

only if it is a S3 it would as it slotted in perfectly for the time as it was.

Guess why that happened? Because of Haruhi.

I trust in KoG.

>are they still on namek
kek

Hey is that girl from Kawaii Codec Pack.

with those bug-out eyes? no.

Would Aya still be a slut, or not yet?

Hard to tell. Haruhi inspired a lot of makers taking the trope and gimicks and inserting them into later anime. Thats why most newfags hate Haruhi, they already saw the tropes. On the other hand, those tropes might appeared at some point if Haruhi never existed.

Yes

Threadly Reminder that Kyon is GOD.

>2018
>Still believing in this BORING basic bitch meta OH YOU THOUGHT IT'S HER BUT IT'S ACTUALLY HIM bullshit "twist" like it's supposed to be so clever

The core of Haruhi is a well-thought plot with scifi, mystery, and slice of life elements with characters that play with tropes but are still very unique in their own right. On top of that, you got Kyoani of the good old days that really dedicated themselves to one project at a time.

When it comes to extreme popularity, a series really needs that solid foundation, otherwise they neither become such universal hits nor do they have the longevity.
Kemono Friends is actually a pretty good modern example; while at surface it may seem like a cheap gijinka of the week animated in 3DPDCGI, Tatsuki crafted the source material into something truly special (and just like with Haruhi, Kadokawa is ruining the franchise with their shit tier business decisions).

The source material was decent and won some actual awards, was published by big company and well received. The adaptation was 99% faithful to books, the image was nice and wasn't oversaturated with filters, characters were likeable and not autistic, animation was good but wasn't forced.
All of these can't be performed by modern Kyoani.

modern Sup Forums would shit on it because its cool to shit on kyoani nowdays, just look at replies in this thread.
but i doubt it would be AS successful or influential as it was back then.

No. It's not something that the audience nowadays would've wanted.

I don't even want to imagine haruhi made by new kyoani

You probably know that most of hate comes from their break up with Kadokawa, that's why we can't have S3

>Anime would be nothing like it is today without Haruhi

Could you please explain? Why/how did Haruhi have such an impact on modern-day anime?

It didn't, it's a pile of shit that was big for a while, that's all.

It would definitely be a show for discussion, especially if they did broadcast order.