Why didnt he use the book to kill people actually ruining the world instead of petty criminals...

Why didnt he use the book to kill people actually ruining the world instead of petty criminals. Like corrupt politicians or feminist figureheads

He was a japanese student from 2004.

So, their were fucked up politicians back then too. Just look at bush

He should have done it so people killed themselves whilst leaving a note behind blaming it on Satan who was tormenting them for their crimes. That way, L and the police would have literally been chasing a boogeyman instead of Light.

Pretty sure he also killed corrupt politicians and businessmen. They say that there is no war, so clearly he must have killed a LOT of world leaders until their replacements got the message and were too afraid to start any shit anymore. It's just that "petty" criminals far outnumber the politicians, so Kira killed more of them.
As for "feminist figureheads", he lives in Japan so he would have no reason to see them as a threat. Even if he lived in America, he would view them as an annoyance at best, he wouldn't get around to them until he reached the "kill all the lazy people and become God of the New World" phase.

>implying they could get away with so many Jewish names being written down

HE
WANTED
TO
BE
KNOWN

Easily his biggest flaw.

No, his flaw was becoming arrogant and killing criminals that are only on the police insider info.
Being known as the kira entity was necessary to his plan of achieving world peace.

He's Japanese.

And Japanese have a concept called Kakko, which means the Unity of the People with the Country.

That's the reason you almost hear nothig about Japanese actually criticizing their government in general, unlike Americans who feel no attachment to theirs. Whatever evil the Japanese see in their country, it is surely because of pretty criminals and not those hyper corrupt nepotistic politicians and their clans from the LDP.

It wouldn't be very godlike to only kill criminals on TV

I'm not sure that killing the leaders would lead to world peace. Often, war and conflicts come from the population itself. If the Hutus decide to genocide the Tutsis, what's Light gonna do? He has no way of getting the name and face of every single person perpetrating genocide.
Light would also be pretty powerless against ISIS and other islamic terrorist groups, killing their leaders has never really bothered them that much.

I'm pretty sure it was said during the timeskip he was keeping every single political figure at bay with his notebook.

Do Japanese rapists seriously yell out their full name in public in Japan when assaulting a girl?

Didn't Japan have that protest about nuclear something or other a few years ago?

>No, his flaw was becoming arrogant and killing criminals that are only on the police insider info.
That wasn't what got him caught. What got him caught is that with this insider info, Light saw that L suspected he was a High School student based on the times at which he kills. So then Light INENTIONALLY CHANGES THE TIMES OF HIS KILLING PATTERNS, just to brag about how he has access to police info. This of course let L narrow it down from millions of high school students to a couple hundred high school students related to police officers on the investigation. What a retard.

That was fucking stupid, also was stupid was l just so happened to think light of all people was kira. Such a dumb anime

>he would view them as an annoyance at best
They are the biggest threat to civilization at the moment, far from a mere annoyance

> ISIS and other islamic terrorist groups
I feel like such organization as you listed has a LOT of members that don't want to remain in those organization, but still do because they are afraid what will happen to deserters. But if they just need to leak some names onto the internet, they could easily get away with that shit. Not to mention, those groups are terrorist, they need to have someone as their leader known to the population so people can be afraid of actual people instead of just random groups. No one cares about islamic terrorist #36, but "osama binladen, that monster is going to kill us all!" thus such organizations would be severely weakened by kiras method of killing.

>I'm not sure that killing the leaders would lead to world peace.
It would be a fake world peace and several problems would still remain, but general crime and war would definitely go down a lot

This is your brain on Sup Forums

Different time, different era. We weren't as aware of who the exact culprits behind all the shit today were.

If I had a Death Note in my hands today, you'd be damned right I'd write a shitton of well known names on there, both high profile and low profile. Starting with Soros, Clinton, Merkel, and a bunch of others. I'd probably write the names of a bunch of Cartel heads as well, etc... I wouldn't even hesitate about it. In fact, considering you can control people's actions before they die, I'd do it in a way in which they not only publically admitted to their crimes/sins, but also outed everyone else involved, and just go down the chain till all the filth is totally removed.

For all the morality DN tried to push, at this point, I fully believe the world genuinely WOULD be a much better place if certain people were dead. So, DN's themes wouldn't work as well today as they did back then, as they only work within the universe and narratives it's constructed.

NO ONE would have been able to catch Kira if he had not let the world know someone was executing evildoers.

The point is that he WANTED TO. He wanted criminals to squirm in fear of being executed for their crimes. He wanted people to know someone was watching over them.

That's the whole point of the series.

>For all the morality DN tried to push, at this point, I fully believe the world genuinely WOULD be a much better place if certain people were dead.
This, honestly this generation taught me free speech and democracy are inherently flawed and corrupt society, and that certain groups with terrible beliefs should be illegalized under punishment of death.

Wouldnt they have gotten the message when so many corrupt people suddenly died in mysterious ways?

>This, honestly this generation taught me free speech and democracy are inherently flawed and corrupt society, and that certain groups with terrible beliefs should be illegalized under punishment of death.
The funny thing is there is a growing group who believe the exact same thing as you except see you as the problem and your values as the problem
I only wonder when it all blow up desu

>Merkel
as a german i have to comment on that.
I don't mind that she would get written in a deathnote, but i belief you could use her unfortunate popularity(it's not as big as it used to be, but it's still strong) in another way. Instead of simply killing her, make her die by a very slow disease(which works in the deathnote, even beyond the usual timeframe) but make her have actual good decisions as the leader then until her death.

I feel like people think too highly of Light
If you think about it, no matter how intelligent he is, he was only a high school student who spent all his time studying. Even the most intelligent person makes mistakes, especially in regards to other people.

Yeah, just have the Pope say something like "and if God doesn't like what I say, then let him strike me down" only for the death note to kick in

Because Light is fucking stupid. Why have people not figured this out yet?

>Instead of simply killing her, make her die by a very slow disease(which works in the deathnote, even beyond the usual timeframe) but make her have actual good decisions as the leader then until her death.
Oh fug, can you even min-max the death note like that in Canon?

He wasn't street smart enough.

>Different time, different era. We weren't as aware of who the exact culprits behind all the shit today were.
Maybe you weren't aware because you were younger, but any adult knew.

Potentially, but it's clear she's just a puppet for Soros and other Corporate kikes. She can't really act on the will of the people, she's really there to push his agenda. It's overall better to use her and other public criminals to get the exact IDs of the shadowy puppeteers, kill all of them, and then allow true democracy to fill in the power vacuum with someone who truly represents the will of the people.

I think a leader unrestrained by donors and shills can do a lot more to repair what Merkel has broken than Merkel herself. She doesn't deserve redemption.

>rule 28: If you write "die of disease" like before with a specific disease's name, but without a specific time, if it takes more than 24 days for the human to die the 23 day rule will not take effect and the human will die at an adequate time depending on the disease.

It was 2004 Japan.

holy FUCK, that is the most abusable thing; You literally could infect someone with cancer and it could take years while having them mind influenced the whole time

Perhaps. I was only 14 back then, so my view of the corrupt evils of the world fell toward people like Bush and Cheyney. Which is why my 17yo self tool Obama's "Hope" bait.

Now though? It's clear as sunshine.

>cancer
Why not something more infectious and hard to cure? Like Ebola? That sure would be a good way to get rid of ISIS, and the Arab Princes, and Israel.

Yeah, they all were shit

He probably did not know the way.

No one cares to put things like this in fiction anymore in order to make you complacent about the powers that be.

>hard to cure
You can't cure a disease that was caused by the deathnote, or rather, it would just delay the inevitable

Because if you want someone mind-controlled, using Cancer means you could keep them alive for a few years.
But like you said it also could be used to strategically start plagues; And if the right strain is used.... oh wew

I really didn't get the ending though. Kira's world was objectively better than before he got the DN. And he wasn't that tyrannical until after he got the world he wanted. Is there any alternative that isn't better than his crimeless world?

They definitely were shit, but my teenage self had no idea how deep the rabbit hole went.

Is that really surprising in hindsight?

In short, the Death Note is OP. Light is just retarded.

It's funny too, some Youtubber made a video saying how the DN wouldn't work in our modern era because of the internet, and how good Sup Forums is at doxxing. As if Sup Forums wouldn't aid Kira in killing off all the undesireables.

They protested against TEPCO and them trying to cover up the nuclear spillout.

Japanese usually see their government being the good-guys and when something is bad, it was the fault of individual politicians or corporate shitheads and not the system in general.

Fucking true lel, they would probably start worshiping him or connecting him to kek

That Hitler was right, and the Americans and Brits got duped into fighting the wrong side? That I've been lied to my whole life and the world today would genuinely be a lot better if the Nazis had won the war? Yes, it actually is.

>Implying they wouldn't find themselves on his list

As someone studying history, it really isn't.
Many probably would, do you think the others would care?

If it wasn't the news it would just be whoever else is wealthy and greedy enough.

*wasn't the Jews

Basically. He'd be unstoppable. Wouldn't even have to dig into police files or anything. The moment he started to do things to make himself known, Sup Forums would catch on, and start to give him the info he needs. It's funny too, cause that exact thing starts happening in the manga, people start making fan pages for Kira and stuff, but no one starts to think of the collective involvement of thousands of people who believe in his cause. That is far more powerful than some police docs.

Sup Forums would ID L faster than Light ever could.

I thought your ilk moved on from this boogieman.

>That Hitler was right
Pre-emptive genocide against civilians is right?
>Americans and Brits got duped
Germany invaded first. If Germany got attacked first and THEN they chose sides, you'd have a point.
>today would genuinely be a lot better if the Nazis had won the war?
What would have happened would be it would be the exact same world you have today except Germany would be a lot bigger on the map in Europe. That's it.

Oh. Don't tell me you're some retard who just finished The Man in High Castle and seriously believes Germany would have been able to take over the world after WWII, right?

Not that guy but you are making a lot of assumptions user

Feel free to correct me then. I'm waiting.

>Pre-emptive genocide against civilians is right?
Feminists, antifa, the mentally retarded, and all low IQ trailor trash ghetto scum deserve to be gassed

Nope, feminists are the main group i hate in this world, alongside the us government and muslims

>the mentally retarded
False. They can be kept in mental institutions or privately taken care of like they are today. It means their family has some peace of mind, and it creates jobs.
>low IQ trailor trash ghetto scum
????????
Hitler created ghettos.

>What would have happened would be it would be the exact same world you have today except Germany would be a lot bigger on the map in Europe. That's it.
Europe itself would be a completely different place, which would affect the rest of world history from that point too.

1) That he believes Germany would have conquered the entire earth and that he doesn't just prefer the idea of Germany having a post-ww2 hegemony

2)Though Germany did invade first, it was only the Japanese surprise attack that killed the surprisingly large American isolation movement to stay out of the War, as many had bad memories of getting nothing out of ww1.

3) That Germany would just have been bigger on the map and that was it.

4) That Hitler was wrong.

>loses because Mikami broke character
Wow great story guys.

Absolutely no way. Had Germany won the war, it would have just ended up like any other European country today.

This guy tried it and it didnt work out too well
The ride was fun though

Sup Forums wouldn't do jack shit. /baphomet/ would be doing the big boy stuff

>Pre-emptive genocide against civilians is right?
A necessary evil. More than anything, Hitler wanted the Jews out of Europe, that's why he kicked so many out to Israel before starting the Genocyde. I've no doubt it happened, the Holocaust, but I do doubt it happened to the extreme numbers its reported today. War is War, and death is a result of war. Wouldn't be the first time a leader did something like that. Remember Carthage?

>Germany invaded first. If Germany got attacked first and THEN they chose sides, you'd have a point.
Germany didn't invade England or the US. In fact, it many times tried to form an alliance with the British Empire. Hitler's ultimate goal was the unification of Europe, and a white ethnostate along European borders. Considering the EU became a thing well after Hitler's time, and it's a similar principle but used to undermine European culture rather than preserve it, yeah, I'd have taken Hitler's Europe.

>why wasn't he me?

pt. 2

>What would have happened would be it would be the exact same world you have today except Germany would be a lot bigger on the map in Europe. That's it.
>Oh. Don't tell me you're some retard who just finished The Man in High Castle and seriously believes Germany would have been able to take over the world after WWII, right?

It wouldn't be the same. The Middle East wouldn't be destabilized, and Radical Islam wouldn't be so rampant. Africa would still have white colonialism, abd as such would be a lot more stable and prosperous, see South Africa as an example, rather than a chaotic war torn, and poverty stricken continent due to regional warlords. Europe would be far more prosperous and powerful, and her borders would be secure, rather than having millions of shitskins coming in to tear up our culture. Terrorism wouldn't be as rampant. Feminism wouldn't exist. Women would be expected to maintain their roles, and this trans, bi, homo, cuck decadence wouldn't exist. Boys would be raised to be men, with strong virtues and values, not manchildren with no future. Japan would have maintained its empire, and continued to prosper. And Technological progress wouldn't have halted as sharply as it did, as East Asia and Nazi Europe would collaborate on building a better future for humanity. Nationalism is focused on building a strong foundation for future generations under national pride and unity. It revokes individualism, which, rampant individualism is part of why the world is so shit today.

>used to undermine European culture rather than preserve it
>Implying Nazis would have preserved non-German culture

I love you. The world isn't shit today, you've just been on Sup Forums for too long. A few crimes here and there are nothing compared to war and genocide, both of which Hitler pre-emptively caused.

But no it's OK, keep thinking a few tumblr trannies is worse than the worst war in history.

If that's your argument, then what was even the point of fighting the Nazis had the result been identical? You mean millions died for nothing?

Oh, I also forgot to add on you last post.

Whites wouldn't be facing extinction under Hitler, like we are today, that's a big one. No way in hell would white genocyde be a thing.

You either have severe brain problems or really need to stop browsing tumblr or outrage threads if you believe feminists are a problem at all.

Retards disgust me and deserve to be put to death without dignity

>Whites wouldn't be facing extinction..., like we are today
what? Unless you mean "white culture" in which case so what?

A bunch of troll faggots obsessed with doxxing furfags are pathetic and wouldnt do anything

Hitler killed more white people than any tinfoil you think may be doing it today.
Oh no, I completely know that USA joined the war because Japan pissed it off, and I also know that England joined in to stop a potential invasion. The war was a reactionary one to the nazis and Japs.

>Whites wouldn't be facing extinction under Hitler
The whites that Hitler thinks are whites, you're probably a mud blood in his eyes.

Look at all the propaganda and polticial maneuvers theyve infected into media. Christ, a extreme feminist was almost president

Sup Forums: not even once

Because the point is that he was a smug ass who only pretended to act for the greater good,while actually all he wanted was stroking his own ego dick.

>Look at all the propaganda and polticial maneuvers theyve infected into media.
Can you give me some examples?

>Christ, a extreme feminist was almost president
I refuse to believe you're not either legitimately retarded or just trolling at this point.

Because Death Note was made Japanese people who make comic books for a living; and before the financial crisis at that.

You can't expect people from such an isolated country - especially from a time when we all thought that capitalism was a functioning system and that feminism and liberalism was benign - who's job is to make entertainment to be able to see the bigger picture.

Anybody who knows what is wrong with the world probably doesn't have the skill and artistic talent necessary to make a story as amazing and perfect as Death Note.

But that's why it exists: to get you thinking and to make you look at the bigger picture.

But Hitler was fine with all European culture. He liked the Brits, he liked the Spanish, he liked the Italians. He admired the Greeks and Romans. Yes, there is the Aryan race, but he also had great regard for Mediterraneans. Read Mein Kampf, his own words.

But it's not just a few crimes and trannies. Europe is being INVADED by outsiders of a different race and culture. Women are being raped, whites are being outbred, our culture is being decimated.

Democracy in the US is incredibly corrupt, and run by a modern noble class who operates under the will of Corporatists abd Global Bankers.

The death of European culture, and this blind rampant push for racism and hatred against whites, as well as the increasing decadence across western civilization seeks like a positive to you?

I'm sorry, but attempted genocyde at the Jews from the whites for trying to destroy Germany from the inside doesn't compare to the current push for white genocyde and destruction of western culture from the Jews. If erradicating millions of people is the price to pay for preserving my country and culture, I'll gladly do it. We are 8 billion and growing, and none of those growing numbers are white Europeans. I think we could very well stand lose a lot of those numbers considering our resources on Earth are limited.

But instead the narrative is that I should let them into my home because it's all my fault, somehow.

Oh boy, another Sup Forumsbaiting thread that ties into anime! What’ll they think of next?

You don't have white culture if you don't have white people. A culture and its people go hand in hand.

Hitler fucked up a lot of things though. You can't just admire his ideals while ignoring his retarded method.
If he had an ethnostate dream then he should have started with Germany and just kept it like that. Invading other countries was his first big mistake and he would have been left alone if he had only kept Germany white.

Also, your paragraph there advocates punishing civilians for the crimes of the elite? Maximum retard.

No, US and England joined the war because its political leaders wanted to fight against the Nazis. There were many Nazi sympathizers in both countries, and the general consensus in the US was to STAY OUT. It wasn't until Roosevelt provoked Japan into attacking them by breaking its neutrality that the Americans were fired up in self defense.

Sup Kurisu, posts tits

Pic related did everything Light aspired to but much better and without magical notebook

If you cared about European culture you'd be against all immigration, not just the immigration from scary brown people.

Anyway the one thing this thread does prove is there is a sizable population on this website that would go all in supporting a Kira if one were ever to appear.

Or maybe because the Germans were invading their allies and friends, completely destroying the power balance in Europe?

Not sure on what planet blocking trade means that suicide bombing is justified. The Japs overreacted and, as someone who JUST ADVOCATED FOR WHITE SUPREMACY, you should also be agreeing that the U.S. should almost always take England's side in a war where the Japs are involved.

Plus, England had a very real nazi superpower threat looming. I don't blame them for joining out of paranoia.

Personally I am against all immigration. God forbid wages have to actually increase due to a worker shortage for once.

Not him, but "Fake News" and the entire antiTrump narrative in the MSM are good examples. Also, the entirety of TLJ pushing cultural Marxism. Pic related, as well. But let me see if I can dig up something better.

Dunno, kind of surprised Jannies haven't noticed yet.
Sup Forums usually shuts these threads down quick. 'specialy since we have gone through all the discussion involving Kira and now it is just politics.

It's actually more like DN is trying to tell a story, and wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it tried to be more realistic snd accurate. It's entertainment, not social commentary.

>God forbid wages have to actually increase due to a worker shortage for once.
Yeah I love it when the economy declines and I get to have higher wages temporarily!