Violet Evergarden

What do you think about Kyoani magnum opus and AOTY?

Dunno. Liz and the Blue Bird isn't out yet.

VEG manga when?

>someone actually took the time to make this

Tbh I think I might only like it because I find the autistic girl extremely relatable.

Strange, I think if Manga is out might be better than anime if they already have some good illustration at first plsce.

50.000 preorders in KyoAni shop can not lie

That's an old image, mate. From few weeks before the show aired.

What's with the hatchet? I don't get it.

Meant for

Violet uses a gigantic Axe with build in chain mechanism called "Witchcraft"

My authentic and historically accurate novel about Europe can't be this chuuni.

Oh right. I completely forgot about that shot in the PV. Is that seriously going to happen in the show? Seems out of place now that it's out.

It should be during war arc which is likely finale if they adapt only vol 1, and in one of the episodic chapters (involving war as well, though at that chapter she does not use it lethally unlike the war time).

>“I love flowers,” writes Akatsuki Kana on her bio on the second volume of Violet Evergarden, “and I love poetry. But the most fun I have writing is war scenes.”
Unless KyoAni completely rewrites the story, about third of it or more depending on how they adapt it should be quite different from what people expect reading synopsis/watching pv and first episodes.

I doubt KyoAni will change the key story - as its like half the content, but they might tone done the fights as it is quite brutal and graphic in novel.

Well, the problem isn't that it's brutal and graphic. Violet riding and swinging around a gigantic axe is just ridiculous and too chuuni. I'm fine with her swinging around her rifle but not going full battle shounen with a gigantic axe.

Why would it be ridiculous and chuuni? She is not human. Her being a superior "weapon" is the whole premises. The special unit that Gilbert and her were in military in was established to make use of her in first place.

This premise is established in episode 1 already when Hodgins tell you she was a "secret weapon" of Leidenschaftlich army and shows flashback of her "testing".

Discarding her whole character and premise as "chuni" is not watchingi the show and wishing something entirely else. She is not a weak child soldier orphan with PTSD. She is cold killing weapon or unknown origin found and used for the purpose of war.

Yes, immediately reminds about that chuu2 eisode with giant spoons and skillets magic fight.

I very much doubt it will show up in the anime.
I'm almost 100% sure they changed her character entirely, from a sadistic murderer demigod in search for her master in the novel to a lost little girl in search for love in the anime.

>2012
>Kyoani makes fun of ridiculous shounen style fights with oversized weapons driven by magic
>2018
>Kyoani takes this shit deadly serious
What the hell happened

Because, when you think of secret weapons for war, you think of bigger guns and bombs, sleeper cells and brainwashing, special units with members that have deadly accuracy and infiltration ability, NOT a bunch of child soldiers that bring impractically huge melee weapons onto the battlefield.

Fuck you, child supersoldiers with magical axes twice their size are made for mature and intelligent audience, just like me.

It's a fantasy setting user.

No, this is sci fi

Except she is not specially trained super soldier (well, she did recieve special military training from Gilbert), but a remnant of unknown origin - being in possession of superb battling capability as young as 10 years old and used in miliatry for the 6 years from that age.

She can use any weapon - guns are not exception, she is naturally talented with all. However only she is able to use the weapon like that Axe and it is a mechanical artifact with built in chain mechanism, presented to her by Gilbert which is pretty good for her since has great striking power, big surface to block bullets and chain allowing her to be very mobile on battlefield. She also coordinated her attacks with her units pretty well, with them trained to supplement her - like setting smoke screen, and unleashing her in close quarters while providing cover.

She was also mostly use for assassination/spec ops mission. The only exception was the final battle where litterally everyone was brought to front and their unit tasked with plain suicidal mission.

And once again. She is not human. She most likely IS a supernatural being, speculation going whole way to her being avatar of war goddess - though her psyche fitting more an artificial designed weapon scheme, as she was found on uninhabbited isle litterally in standby waiting for orders and does not act on her own.

>it's a fantasy setting, therefore i can suspend all notions of disbelief and accept the fact that a war machine would be hurling around a war axe the size of a man that is ridiculously impractical and inferior to almost literally any other weapon
>don't forget it's melee only so you have to kill people in close range in a place where guns exist
autism

She can kill enemy battalion armed with chopsticks if needed. She does use guns. Your complaints are retarded.

>all this chuuni shit

so why is she using an axe?

She's not human.
She always gets help from her unit in order to get up close and butcher everything, be it suppressive fire, smoke bombs or decoys. And even then she gets shot and stabbed.

But yeah, it's fantasy.

>even then she gets shot and stabbed
you'd fucking think that in a scenario where she's strong enough to wield a 30kg+ hunk of metal, she'd be strong enough to wield and wear heavy armor like light armor as well, negating her weakness to most sharp injury.
but no i guess she has to look pretty.

Assassins and heavy noisy armor do go well together.

It allows her to enter close quarter fast as it has the chain mechanism allowing her to litterally catapult herself in needed position. Its big surface allows her to block bullets (she can do it even with rifle Bayonett as shown in ep 1, but bigger weapon is more suitable). She uses it as a pole to jump around. It cannot be blocked by parrying it. It can destroy cannons. She just finds axes the most practical weapon of murder, while not hesitating using all other - she uses both handguns and rifles and carries handguns along the axe.

Her role is close combat and focusing all attention on herself, assassinating officers, destroying cannon and other fortified positions while her unit supports her or does other goal while she distructs enemies. The whole point is that she is one women army, and is used as such. Just giving her a rifle and making her snipe would be only using a minimum potential she can achieve.

Ughh this is so chuuni it's so embarrassing to read.

Her small frame, nibleness and reaction are her advatages. Giving her heavy armor actually would be useful in specific situations, but otherwise would restrict her movements too much. The axe on other hand enchances her movements (thaks to chain and long polearm) while providing protection from bullets.

>She is not human. She most likely IS a supernatural being, speculation going whole way to her being avatar of war goddess
That's the fucking thing. What the fuck is all of that doing in a show about a girl who's trying to ghostwrite and understand love? What does it do for the story and her character as the show presents her so far? What's the point? If the show ever actually does go that far, I can't imagine them handling it well because it's such a bizarre tonal and genre shift.

Yeah, but notice how it doesn't have "Action."

any sufficiently large bladed weapon can do all of this.
you could use guts' sword and it would be more practical, because unlike axes, the handle isn't a useless protrusion that just reduces cutting edge surface for no reason in this scenario.
if you're going to try be realistic, breaking that realism just to look cool every once in a while is autistic.

Then don't and go watch some sexual powered mecha, female version of roman emperors summoned as servants or overpowered reincarnated MCs.

Am I supposed to believe that
It will be weirder trainwreck than Phantom World then

>protection from bullets
do you actually believe this?
holy fuck how hard are you suspending your disbelief?

Not him but the source material was never about muh love. Violet's obsession is something entirely different there.

>That's the fucking thing. What the fuck is all of that doing in a show about a girl who's trying to ghostwrite and understand love? What does it do for the story and her character as the show presents her so far? What's the point? If the show ever actually does go that far, I can't imagine them handling it well because it's such a bizarre tonal and genre shift.
The point is watch the god damn show. It has everything to do with the story.

>Yeah, but notice how it doesn't have "Action."
Show is rated Mature on Netflix. As Devilman. While none other airing anime are. Figure it out.

>assassins
>supportive unit
i don't think those go together either, buddy-o

Violet is made for bullying

Axe is the most efficient combat weapon though. Swords are a meme. What realism are you talking about.

Are there still retards like OP's picture creator who think that it's an action show?

They do if you're talking about trench warfare. Regardless, the army tried to send her off alone on assassination missions but Gilbert would always stop them by arguing that without him around she could start a killing spree.

kyoani fucking with the canon to pander to shitters again

>historically accurate novel about Europe
It's not even Europe

Fuck off with your beliefs as they have nothing in common with the setting and plot of the show. You are told and shown from begining she is superhumanly.

Maybe mocking kyoani about how stupid and chuuni this shit is will warm these dead on arrival threads up a little

>axes are the most efficient combat weapon
yeah if you're a normal human. but you guys keep telling me she's not.

Bitch you can see her parrying 2 bullets on episode, among other superhuman feats on that short fight flashback.

episode 1*

That is more an excuse that Gilbert uses to justify not letting her go alone, as he feels guilt for "making" her like that. Since she does not feel killing urges, has no sadism etc., she does not generally go on killing other than what ordered to her or if protecting herself. He realizes that right from begining, if he put her in orphanage and not made a soldiers - she still would be fine as she is follows orders strictly.

>dude the axe will protect her from bullets
>no it won't. you'd have to be a retard to believe this
>FUCK OFF WITH YOUR BELIEFS YOU ARE TOLD AND SHOWN SHE IS SUPERWOMANLY

>wow this killer robot chick is destroying our squadron
>we will fire a grand fucking total of 2 bullets at her, implying she has reaction speed and movement speed surpassing the speed of sound AND that we're the world's shittiest combat unit
>it's just fantasy you can't take it that seriously !!!!

Take your anti asperger meds.

>Since she does not feel killing urges, has no sadism etc.
Surely you jest. Go read Edward's chapter again, she straight up admits that she enjoys hurting people.
Gilbert's fears were perfectly justified.

Does Violet have PTSD or she was like that before war?

>i like to delude myself that i'm watching some sort of historically accurate, realistic and immersive anime but in reality i'm watching pandering garbage with cute girls and chuuni weapon choice and design

>The point is watch the god damn show. It has everything to do with the story.
It has fuck all to do with the story. Most people have already accepted the fact that Violet is just sort of autistic and that's why she doesn't know how to interact with others. Going "Oh, it's not because she's autistic, she's actually just a higher being that's fallen from the heavens and needs to reap souls with her big axe. She just doesn't understand you lowly humans," is retarded because it adds an entire fucking universe to the show where there are supernatural beings that apparently turns the tides of war and mingle with humans. Rather than wonder "Will she finally ever realize that the Major is dead?" or "Will she ever understand love?", you'll think "Is she the only demigod in this universe?", "Are there others like her?", "What are the motivations of these higher being and what are they scheming?" What the fuck does that do for the show? It turns it into a goddamn clusterfuck of ideas that have nothing to do with each other.

>Show is rated Mature on Netflix. As Devilman. While none other airing anime are. Figure it out.
That's literally irrelevant to what I said. If the show were going to have cute girls swinging around huge axes, it would have an action tag, not a mature tag.

You mean autistic?
She was always like that.

She does not enjoy hurting people. She feels that she belongs in battles, it being her natural purpose and she feels attachment to weapons - being unable to abandon them even in peaceful life. She does not feel hurting people. In fact she does not FEEL at all for most part. It was always shown that combat and murder for her is mechanical activity, as if cooking or doing some routine.

Stop misusing greentexts, tard.

>"Do you like hurting people?"
>"No.. Maybe/I'm not sure.. Quite likely/Almost certainly"
>"You're.. messed up aren't you?"

Her motive is... complex.

There's nothing complex about people that were abused during childhood ending up as psychopaths and sadists.

>this thread is actually tame compared to usual
What happened?

She wasn't though. Her only real feeling is about recieving and fulfilling orders, since the very begining where Dietfried found her. Also a reason why she is obsessed with Gilbert among other things, having found a master who uses her (but also obviously since he cared about her).

there are only 15 IPs

So no actual PTSD.

Usually that's all it takes, user. People who don't like this show use these threads more than the ones who do.

Dietfried used to beat the shit out of her all the time, go read the flying letters chapter again.

Does pointing a loaded gun at your own forehead while begging for orders count as PTSD?

Weeks of pure shitposting chased out shitload of people from threads. Now it's similar to nigger clover - people discuss elsewhere.

Given that she could not even speak or understand speech at age of 10, her development is rather fast and her intellectual talents great - especially as what you see now in anime is just a passing stage: she is lot more refined and wise later and eventually develops to something resembling real human (also it is past the novel time and only hinted in timeskips in few chapters).

Depends on context

>Dietfried used to beat the shit out of her all the time, go read the flying letters chapter again.
Dietfried was scared as hell of her and she could not even speak at that point.

Context is you just had a conversation about guns with a child and when finally left alone you go and do that.

But he beat her up and didn't feed her properly. She was abused, period.

It's great, but not for everyone.

>She was abused, period.
But did she ever cared about abuse, insults or pain?

She did without realizing it. She wasn't born scarred like that, people like Dietfried did that to her.
The finale clearly shows she's more than capable of feeling painful emotions against her will.

>Kyoani magnum opus

K-On!! aired in 2010, user

I'm going to cringe if this is not some elaborate troll

:^)

>AoTY
That's not popteppic

Is that fucking Shirou?!

What’s the point of lying to her about the Major’s death?

You will know later.

>She's not human.
I'm confused, isn't she just a human with 2 mechanical arms?

>Violet's obsession is something entirely different there.
What is it?

Nope.
I don't know if you people are speed watchers or just blind, even the anime showed her doing things that humans cannot do.

Her master and his orders, which are mostly about killing people.

>even the anime showed her doing things that humans cannot do.
Such as? Because right now I haven't seen anything that couldn't be explained by "lol army training".

Parrying incoming bullets, superhuman strength, reflexes and bones tougher than steel.

I ask of you, are you my master?

>Parrying incoming bullets
>reflexes and bones tougher than steel.
Where were they shown in the anime?

>superhuman strength
When she was holding down the angry customer and kicking the soldiers in her flashback?
Those are martial arts, well more like anime martial arts.

meant to reply to

Lads I heard there are 200,000 orders on the kyoani shop and everyone thinks this show is not shit!

Fucking speed watchers man.