Osomatsu san

>dump Edo era setting (iyamis not a samurai)
>Change okiku to kiku
>Any chance of seeing younger boys is thrown out the window due to thumbnail
They can't do anything right can they? For fucks sake

Other urls found in this thread:

dsgstng.com/
polljunkie.com/poll/fyifqg/osomatsu-san-thread-data/view
sunnydayscans.tumblr.com/post/156864232127
vimeo.com/169383390
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A new episode is started
dsgstng.com/

Oh yeah I guess no one cares because it's an iyami episode, I shouldn't have made the thread then

Reposting for people who are interested. Here’s the final results of the survey. A total of 85 anons weighed in.
polljunkie.com/poll/fyifqg/osomatsu-san-thread-data/view

Threads are exactly 70% female majority. 3% of poll takers identified themselves as a gender other than male or female.

Official matsu ranking is as follows:
Karamatsu > Ichimatsu > Osomatsu > Jyushimatsu > Choromatsu > Todomatsu
After a valent struggle between Oso and Ichi for second place, Ichi has finally pulled ahead. Despite the fact that Ichimatsu is the second most popular character to rank as #1, opinions on him are fairly split, which brings down his ranking as a whole. Osomatsu is the most popular matsu to rank as #2, and a larger number of anons hold a favorable opinon of him, which resulted in him and Ichi nearly tying for second place. If the rank had been determined only by polling for favorites Osomatsu would have fallen to fourth place with only a single vote lead on Choromatsu.

62% of participants have watched or read Osomatsu-kun to some extent. 21% admit that they don't hold any interest in the older series at all.

Twitter is the most popular place to go for Ososan needs after Sup Forums, with 35% of participants visiting it regularly. 23% of participants admitted to regularly visiting tumblr for the Ososan fandom, and of those people about 80% were female.

Opinions are divided on BLmatsu, with a slim 56% majority in favor. Broken down by gender about 1/3 of males enjoy BLmatsu, and about 2/3 of females.

38% of poll takers remember the S1 threads. 31% are newfags who came to Sup Forums after S1 ended.

Opinion on whether S2 is worse or equal in quality with S1 are fairly evenly split, but a slight majority or 54% agrees that the series has gone at least somewhat downhill. One single person thinks that this season is better than the last.

What do you think, does anything surprise you? You can download the raw data by following the link to examine it more yourself.

If the episode is shit we can just skip all discussion and go straight to lusting over muppets.

The major beats are still retained in the episode but the two poop jokes they use might be offputting.

>Chibita subplot with him wanting Kiku for himself is thrown out because he's older, but he still thirsts a bit when he first sees her.

I didn't read the chapter ahead because I wanted to judge the ep on his own, but it was good and well-directed and made me feel, so it succeeded. Script by Matsubara alone, so he still has it when he tries for story episodes and they aren't all Chibita's flower -tier.
Gonna go read Iyami alone in the wind now.

Retard.

Great episode.

Here are the older versions if you'd like to compare
Manga version:
sunnydayscans.tumblr.com/post/156864232127

kun anime version (no sub sadly):
vimeo.com/169383390

also OP, it's best to give up hope ever seeing the kun designs referenced again unless they want to poke fun about how it's old and nobody cares (see s1e1).
I like them but at this point it's clear you have to withhold any expectations and be surprised, like they did with the dad's memory. kun Iyami and Chibita would be even less likely to see.

Well, that's the issue with -san happening in the first place.
Matsubara: Hired because he never read -kun and Fujita wanted someone who wouldn't gear the show towards nostalgia.
Good for mainstream appeal, but it alienated and split Akatsuka fans and got them using fujoshi as a scapegoat for why the show staff are shit.
I don't think it'd necessarily be remedied.
Unless Pierrot were to milk the fuck out of it like they do with Naruto, make a new -kun or something. But for now it's all gonna be -san while it's still remotely popular.

This thread fit the best to conceal the great episode, even Iyami chose to be left alone.

>While it's still remotely popular
That's why I wish I was around s1 threads and twitter/pixiv. I watched the show when it started but never bothered to inquire more about it online

Smug Choro best Choro

Okiku being changed to Kiku is really the smallest alteration: "o" prefixes got dropped sometime into the Showa era.

The true otp is Kara x shit mustard

Yeah it my fault for pointing that out, I basically have a boner for adaptations being completely accurate to the original story

That's a really cute fanart.

Let's hope if there are more adaptations they can be surprising, even if I have my own doubts about how some of the other longer chapters could work.
>WW2 au may be too dark but satisfy some fans' angstboner
>Sextuplets on the run from a gang works better with them as kids

Ventriloquism
Valentine's Day

I think it'd be neat if they did the WW2 au, even if it was a sad ending.
Also funny about that last suggestion because I saved art that seems to be based on that

Yeah, that's it. The story's good for some duo spotlights even if by then Akatsuka downplayed their personalities.
>Oso and Choro are chased on a plane by gangsters
>Ichi and Todo get on board a ship but meet a gangster moll who tries to shoot them to death
>Kara and Jyushi go trucking

That sounds like it'd be a great episode in all honesty, I wish they'd adapt that

Valentines day? Impending cringe humor probably coming for muppetfuckers.

There's something inherently creepy about this picture

finally some pandering for me

>ara ara okusan clones shotas and enslaves them

Is it that there are only five present?
Their soulless eyes?
That Chibita is the only decent kid who takes care of the mom in this chapter?

Its that they all have the same expression and their eyes are locked into one place.
That and the fact they're doing chores

Subs are out, fags.

KARAMATSU GO WHOHOO

Big Kara & little kara

It was a pretty good episode. Although I'm such an extreme muppet fucker I didn't really get too much out of it.

Will we see Akumatsu ever again?

Only a season 3 can save this Osomatsu

Probably not, so I'd give up hope
>Thinking another season would possibly save it
Honey, you've got a big storm comin

I liked the episode despite of what happened to Iyami and the minimum appearance of the sextuplets. I didn’t expect to get feels over it though.

Btw, I like season 2 so far and don’t get the hate over it.

so many good yams

Just finished the ep. I regret being a muppet fucker now, Iyami truly is the best boy after all.

>waa~
Nakamura can be too cute sometimes

How can one character design be so perfect?

What happened to the opening?

Kinomatsu is back baby

>This episode.
I watch Osomatsu to laugh though, I didn't sign up to see suffering.

Well it's was a notoriously sad chapter after all

>Ichi starts talking about cats
>Says Ventriloquism

I am guessing they might do another Esp kitty episode where they make him try to do or at least pretend to talk. Probably use him to say how Ichi feels on Valentine's day.

That one user is gonna hate it then

Please no, I don't wanna see that orange fucker again.

Can't stop crying lads, also why did the ending remind me of Yakuza 0's ending?

at least Ichi might be getting a girl to be shipped with
right?

The ichikara fangirls would probably send death threats to the staff

So why didn't Chibita bail him out? Why didn't Kiku visit Iyami after all those years?

Why? She'll be gone after 22 minutes.

I wouldn't underestimate the power of the irofags, it's arguably one of the most popular ships besides sokudo. That and there'd probably be fanart of him and the girl to piss them off even more

I hope so, it's time for Ichi shenanigans with a qt girl

>it's arguably one of the most popular ships besides sokudo.
Iro is inarguably the most popular pairing and has been for a long time. Sokudo slowed down heavily because of choukei

Choukei is shit, I can't believe people like it more than sokudo.

Funny because I haven't seen nearly the amount of choukei art that sokudo has, but I guess not every choukei fan can draw so they make it up with fics

Only reason Choukei got popular was due to Kara punching Oso and people getting bored of IchiKara shipping. I been noticing the staff pushing Oso and Kara more together on this same with Ichi with Choro.

>I been noticing the staff pushing Oso and Kara more together on this same with Ichi with Choro.
Ichi and Choro had only one skit together while Kara and Oso has only had little moments here and there, that's not exactly "pushing them together." Besides, they didn't interact much in s2, so I'm glad to see different pairings get some shine. It'd be boring otherwise.

As someone who has liked Choukei since early S1, I'm completely fine with this.

Sokudo still has more fanart on pixiv than choukei. Neither come nowhere near the amount iro has though.

*In s1, I mean.

I have no idea what to expect

Even the flower shop is named after him, fuck.

The story itself was cliché but fuck if that didn't make me feel like a little bitch

Well fuck. This episode might have made me feel something.

>my beloved Karamatsu earphone jack plug breaks off
>inside the earphone jack so I can't take it out to fix it or listen to anything either

Why does the universe seem to hate me so? I had ordered the whole set from Japan to get him.

Somebody needs to keep Jyushi away from children. Don’t they remember what happened last time?

That's how official merch is. You're not meant to use it on a daily basis and it's not meant to do it's job well, just put it somewhere and look at it every once in a while.

Sokudo is shit because Choro is shit. But it’s still more popular than choukei.

Based iyami

i cant hold all the feels

The dialogue in the PVs rarely has anything to do with the next episode. I’m sure the only connection is Valentine’s Day.

He's a fairly durable little fellow, double-sided and rubber. Lasted me a year.

Messy hair suits him.

Sumire 16 tier feels

iro is a shit pairing and anyone who enjoys it is an angstfag

>This episode
Goddamn.

good taste

I took an hour nap and there's only been 4 posts since then? Damn

Hot damn, the direction for the Iyami skit was pretty good from the arrest moment and onwards. Gonna say this episode was pretty nice.

Tsunderes are cute. Anyone who doesn’t think their dynamic is endearing is just being contrarian.

It was decent I just can't take Iyami seriously at any given point.

>Tsunderes are cute
What are you high on?

It's an Iyami episode. Of course it's going to be dead

>anyone who enjoys it is an angstfag

You're goddamn right. I won't even deny it. I can't help it. I love hatefucking

It's a shame ichi is such a shit character though

But they love each other. There is no hate.

Choro probably hates Kara more then Ichi at this point.

Source?

I thought it was a good adaptation anyway, Iyami alone in te wind is all around one of the best kun chapters, so it's nice to see it remade. On top of that its fun watching fujo/san only girls cry about the lack of matsus

They're finally learning!

you’ll move on from it after you graduate middle school

I'm not denying that the chapter is good, it's just I don't see why they needed to change anything. It's the same with the flower fairy skit, it was done a lot better in kun and iyami fit the role for having the bad fairy more than karamatsu

Would you give him a valentine

Why so?

I hate textbook tsunderes and I hate Ichi. He's obnoxious and boring to me.

Always, totty a cute.