I didn't like Asuka all that much back as a teenager but now that I'm older I can finally appreciate just how perfect...

I didn't like Asuka all that much back as a teenager but now that I'm older I can finally appreciate just how perfect she is. Anyone else feels the same? I was always certain that she's the best girl, though.

>desaturated brown hair
How disgusting

This

When I first watched Evangelion I was maybe 13 and knew nothing about myself. I hated her and couldn't figure out why. But after EoE I started to warm up to her, and also didn't understand why.

Now that I'm older and know all about myself, I realize I hated her and now love her for the same reason: because she's just like me.

I think many people who hate Asuka are in a similar situation. They're hating what they see in themselves.

Nope, Sup Forums is Shinji. Asuka is a shit.

I'll saturate her hair alright.

>implying Sup Forums is a Reifag board

Good one.

>pulls Rei out of his ass
Typical insecure Asukafag.

>Watch EVA
>Read doujins
>Have warped image of her being tsundere
>Rewatch
>She's literally 3dpd.

Asuka is an ultra-tsundere.

If Asuka isn't Sup Forums's best girl to you, then it's either Misato or Rei, and Misato certainly fucking isn't popular enough to be in the running. Therefore, the implication is that Rei is Sup Forums's favorite.

My thoughts exactly. I'm glad someone else understands.

Rei is slightly hotter but Asuka is better in every other way.

Pretty much this.
Edgy kids who hide their insecurities behind irony and fake arrogance hate her as long as they do this shit. The moment they stop doing this crap, they realize she's the best character ever written.
I know, I was one.

>perfect
>any of the Evangelion characters
Way to completely miss the point.

I hated her because she was the opposite of me as a more Shinji-like archetype who internalized pain rather than externalize it, so this character who so easily hurts others was very off-putting. But I came to understand her value in the narrative because she had realistic reasons for being how she was, even if I wouldn't want to associate with someone like that.

I'm with you on that, a rewatch lately made me realise I spent a lot of my teenage life acting like Asuka more than I'd ever want to admit. On the opposite end though, a few of my mates loved her since their early teenage'd years. Wonder if their views would change upon going through it again.

>a character that has major flaws can't be perfect
Are you retarded?

I went the reverse way after dating someone who's psychologically-wise similar to Asuka (cheerful facade and tsundere behavior hiding she's mentally and emotionally broken as fuck).

This kind of girl isn't worth my time, neither as 3DPD nor as why-foo.

>If Asuka isn't Sup Forums's best girl to you, then it's either Misato or Rei
Or no Eva character at all, you retard.

I liked Asuka all that much back as a teenager but now that I'm older I can finally see just how bitchy she is. Anyone else feels the same? I was always certain that she's the cockiest bitch, though.

That's what an actual tsundere would be like, bud. Most anime personality archtypes would be absolutely insufferable in actual people.

Edgy kids love Asuka and hate Shinji for the same reason she did. As you've shown, they never truly grow up.

>What's wrong with contradictions?
Are you? If by perfect you mean "a well-made character" then ok, fine, but you should really be more careful with your words user.

"I didn't like Asuka as a teenager but now that I'm older and more mature I'm sexually attracted to this thirteen year old"

There's also the option of 'there is no best girl' which is a very valid decision. Everyone in NGE is a broken shell of a person. It all comes down to who you like best, if which makes your peepee tingle the most.

I watched NGE when I was about 14. I liked Asuka. About a decade later, I still like her as a character a lot. Never hated her.

Everyone who has been on this website in their early-mid teens was a some point or another a more or less "edgy" kid, I used it in a wide sense.
It was not to point to the "nihilistic manchild with a wicked sense of humor" reddit crowd.

I would be GAR for Koworu

One of them has to be the best. This applies to literally everything on the planet.