I never bothered watching SaO before. Mostly because Kirito looks like your typical effeminite beta faggot

I never bothered watching SaO before. Mostly because Kirito looks like your typical effeminite beta faggot.

But for some reason I started watching it, and while I found that it's hard to take kirito serious when he looks like a literal child, the show isn't that bad. But then I got to episode 14 and I honestly can't see how the show can possibly go on for more than 1 episode, let alone another season and a half.
Should I just pretend this was the ending and stop watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

gooDOTgl/QmYvoR
pastebin.com/0uPjrmBW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The beginning of SAO and the AIDS girl arc are pretty good for what they are.

Yeah, it only gets worse from there on, don't make the same mistake i did of waiting until s2 to drop it.

honestly the alfheim arc isn't half bad (sure to the permanent virgins on here, its probably the worst thing ever). But after the end of S1, You should either drop it, or stop believing that it's canon.

>Should I just pretend this was the ending and stop watching?
This. SAO arc was supposed to be complete story, until author learned the joy of money.

kek

>That last one
That is not OK.

Drop the entire second cour and just skip to GGO if you're still interested.

Remember that this was written nearly a decade before the anime. It was Miki's idea to publish it.

But he wrote everything for free before it was even published

>looks like a literal child
He is though? He's 14 when this started and 16 when Aincrad ends.

To add to that, since the characters look like they did when they logged in and don't age inside the game, despite being 16 for almost the entire first arc, he never stops being physically 14 until he logs out.

When will the PV of SAO:AGGO come out?

Probably March in the Dengeki Spring Fes.

I mean I dropped it after the first episode when it fed me all this bullshit like a guy who used to run a guild in another MMO not knowing the first thing about MMO gameplay, claiming that mobs in MMOs didn't respawn, and the MC being a South Korean-tier MMO neet, but whatever works for you I guess.

>tfw he's actually already 172cm by the end of Aincrad
He'd be a giant by nip standard by the time he's 18.

>claiming that mobs in MMOs didn't respawn

I thought that was part of the point here, though, was that the mobs didn't respawn. This is why Kirito was able to get a leg up by going to low level hunting grounds he knew about that others didn't and he could farm them. Everybody else, meanwhile, was heading to the noob zones and, eventually where there wasn't enough to go around, thus too many characters were underleveled for the tougher battles later.

Having mobs that don't respawn is not physically possible to implement as a gameplay mechanic in an MMO. It would make it impossible to maintain a playerbase because nobody would have anything to level on past launch day. And you can't handwave it away just by saying it was some survival game scam, they played it up like it was common knowledge that mobs that died were gone for good.

He's like 2 months away from becoming 18 in the current arc and it doesn't seem like he got that much taller, maybe spending 2 years in a coma didn't do him any favors.

I really hope it comes soon.
>MMO not knowing the first thing about MMO gameplay
Correction: He didn't know how to play SAO, Klein wasn't a Beta Tester and this was his first VR.
>claiming that mobs in MMOs didn't respawn
Things the fuck? Where did you get this from? You literally see them respawn again in the first 5 minutes of the episode.

Phantom bullet is the best arc
Sinon is best girl

The original first novel has just two floors, 74 and 75. It was written for a contest or something so it needed an end. By no means can I claim that he's an outstanding writer, but all the novels are fun to read and engaging so w/e, I don't even care that he's retconning himself in later volumes for no other reason than "it fits better this way", I prefer this over Catcher in the Rye and other "masterpieces of literature"

Sinon wasn't even best girl in her own arc. Kirito was.

Damn straight she is.

This

cried on sachi's death thats for sure.

SAO > GGO > Alfeim 1 > Alfeim 2
Honestly dont even know why they chose to end season 2 with that dumb short alfeim arc with the literal super aids girl like anyone gives a shit

the rapish scene tho

>Honestly dont even know why they chose to end season 2 with that dumb short alfeim arc with the literal super aids girl like anyone gives a shit

Maybe because it's the best arc of the show?

But it only has 10k players
It fits with the theme of permadeath

The soundtrack really helped there.

the ai that manages sao, cardinal system is designed to encourage players to progress and avoid repetative behaviors like farming mobs. sao literally has enough content to keep a few thousand players doing new activities consistently for several years. also each individual floor below the half way point up aincrad is bigger than skyrim with tons of activities.

This.

Then again I ironically liked Alfheim

if you thought Aincrad was okay and like the characters and play RPG i recommend checking out the games

also someone did the math to figure out the average labyrinth size for the dungeons in between aincrad floors and each labyrinth generally takes at least two whole days to walk through at normal walking speed assuming the player avoids all dead ends and has no monster encounters. It would take almost a whole year just to walk to floor 100 with no monsters.

It's still unrealistic as fuck
>no lootboxes
>no dlc
>no season passes
>no microtransactions
>no bugs
>no early-access release
>no constant fixes and player feedback
>no super easy mode
>no crashes
It definitely doesn't feel like a game from 2022, and it's certainly not realistic if it's described as an actual masterpiece instead of just a scam

If you want that shit just go play GGO, holy shit.

>no constant fixes and player feedback
there are actually side stories and progressive chapters where players found and exploited bugs but the cardinal system caught on to the exploit and fixed it.

also sao was an early access release
100,000 people had preordered the game but only 10,000 people were permitted to log in with 1,000 people that had participated in the beta granted first access. although only 800 beta testers actually logged in and the rest of the open spaces were filled with casuals.

His harem keeps on growing every season.

Stop

It's alright, I guess. I think it's a decent starter anime if you ever want to get other people into the hobby.

The novels are only very slightly better than the anime but it's all still pretty garbo. The only real reason to slog though it is MAYBE the decent animation and Sinon later in the series.

Games are great. Though not much for the story apart from HF and AWxSAO.

Tall Kino a cute!

HF is worth it for Philia.

MMO anime are for faggots so yes drop it

I've heard millions of claims saying "the original contest/light novel work was this and that and all around". Can I please get an actual link to what he was going to submit to his contest so I can confirm this?

Sadpanda link?

Sinon is cooler than the rest of his pansy ass gang

>novels are fun to read and engaging
Can confirm. I just started reading Volume 9 out of curiosity for what the next arc will be and the writing is honestly not that bad at all. There's a nice flow to a lot of the dialog with good amounts of scene descriptions without going overboard like a lot of writers do. Reki Kawahara isn't a masterpiece writer, but he is at the very least good.

The movie was pretty good too.

The movie is worth watching purely for the audio in the fight scenes. The first one with the giant samurai beating the shit out of the tanks is orgasmic.

How shit is the translation of Yen press? Should I just read BakaTsuki?

Yeah, I loved it when Liz smacked the crab boss too.

BT doesn't do the translations.

gooDOTgl/QmYvoR

>password and login

pastebin.com/0uPjrmBW It's on a time limit so be quick.

Something happened in anime where they started making the MC look like he's 12 and a girl...I think maybe the popularity of traps has something to do with it.

It's hotter to sex them together if they both look like girls, I guess.

Random avatar generation happened.
And for some reasone the OP of SAO II with trap Kirito is the most viewed.

>gooDOTgl/QmYvoR
It's on the goddess

Hm?

The original draft for the competition hasn't been published anywhere, if that's what you're asking for.

All information comes from interviews with the author mentioning how the concept of SAO started.

Basically nobody translated Progressive. Yen Press saved the Progressive translation on all fronts, the novel translation was non-existent, and the manga scanlations were garbage.

You sound new to anime. Are you?

I liked SAO when I watched, even if it confused me a bunch of times. But over the years I've started to think that I only really liked it because I was 17 and easy to please. Now all I really like about SAO is Asuna. I want to cum in her and return her to Kirito.

Then those really can't be trusted. Memories can change over time, especially when given by someone who hasn't written it in over a decade.

My dick needs this

Phillia is love

Basically, the writing for SAO went something like:

Competition draft(over the word limit) > edited and posted on his site(basically volume 1) > wrote the rest of the web novel till Alicization > LN started publication