One of the biggest studios producing what is likely the largest mainstream series of this generation

>one of the biggest studios producing what is likely the largest mainstream series of this generation
>Subs with horrible English and an embarrassing grasp on the Japanese language
So what's the deal? How is such a big series getting this kind of treatment? Are Fate fans just this brain-dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kx-5s4ZqdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is just the shittiest Fate story there is so no one really wants to touch it.

>Are Fate fans just this brain-dead?
Yes.

You just noticed?

This is basically the answer. But it's also a fact that the fanbase is also used to Nasushit getting horrid translations/no translations at all.

Actually, come to think of it, only Extella is translated half-way decently, and that has a horrible story.
>SN
Shit tl
>HA
shit tl
>Zero
shit tl
>Extra
shit tl (and also a really horrible script in the first place, so who cares?)
>CCC
no tl, but what does is exist is pretty bad
>Mahoyo
tl so bad that herkz is embarrassed to even use it.
>GO
tl so bad they had to publicly apologize for it. google-tier

Being an EOP must be tough. But then again modern TM sucks so it doesn't really matter much anyway.

Only nips and people in the niche care about Fate. It's nowhere near as mainstream as you're implying it to be in the west.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the subs.

>rake millions
>can't hire good translator
What.

Reminder people who think Praetor is a good translation for Sousha are retarded. They are on par with the nutjobs who think the Earth is flat.

>hurr the Earth is flat
>uhhh sorry buddy new evidence shows that's not the case
>waaah waaah you liar the Earth is flat! Flat!

>hurr Sousha should be translated as Praetor
>nope that was a mistranslation, given the context Maestro fits better
>waaah waaah I hate change I can't deal with this I'm having a mental breakdown!!! no no no no Praetor is better!!!!

Nasu's licenses are too expensive for competent companies to afford, so his works end up either in the hands of well-meaning but inexperienced fans or corporations that want to maximize profits with the lowest amount of effort / quality.

Most of those are fan translations. Nasu doesn't care about the West

It has a motherfucking UMU counter

It's incredible, really. All the groups tling this are doing a pretty bad job. I remember people joking about how Fate and TM in general were doomed to be horribly translated, and it really seems like it's unironically the case.

Well. A fan translation can be pretty good. Look at Grisaia or SnU. It just really depends on who handles it. I don't really think you need a huge company to tackle Nasu's stuff well, you just need a competent individual. And 9 times out of 10 his stuff is handled by incompetents.

you know if people like you stopped talking and replying about this shit then maybe, MAYBE, we could have a decent discussion about the episode.

They are fans of Fate.
How can they not be brain-dead?

I thought Nero's boobs were nice. That's about it.

Just FMF. Chyuu's subs are good.

that's a plus, not a negative thing

Hello ribbit

Because they have deal with shitflix like Fate/apo.
They=aniplex, not shaft.
>one of the biggest studios
Retarded newshit. Toei, Sunrise are big studios

Shaft is a big studio, too.

Retard

My shaft is big, too.

Where can I get files of the stills they used in the ED? They're super good.

>Fate
>mainstream
what?

It’s mainstream by anime standards.

Everyone who has watched Death Note and Naruto has watched Fate/Zero as well.

>tl so bad they had to publicly apologize for it. google-tier
The only thing they apologized for was for a backstory they published in Chaldea Ace about Emperor Qing which got the chinks mad.

ah. all of these seem retarded so i avoid them. i didn't know Fate was so popular.

it's because they picked umu over the far superior fox wife

youtube.com/watch?v=1kx-5s4ZqdI
FGO anime when?

well i mean there was that whole fgo movie they made and all

They made the prologue and the bridge to part 2 prologue. I mean a full adaptation of part 1.

Gudako looks much better as protagonist than Gudao. I'm not talking of /u/shit, let that be friendship, I mean she has a better and more stand out design. I also like she's genderbent Shirou in design, somehow works for the mc title better than genderbent Rin.

The way Gudako solves the singularity through empathy, talking and all that shit feels more appropriate for a female role.

Everyone is so ungrateful. You diehard fans could just edit the sub with aegisub and re-release it if you really care, just like how our saviors who fixed many garbage burger subs with glorious honorific.

Nero>Tamamo. I like them both, but I like Nero more

I'm glad I'm learning Japanese so I won't have to deal with bullshit like this in the future.

I like how you're so angry about something so unimportant.

If you're going to do something, make an effort to do it right or don't do it at all. The people who call out half assed shit jobs aren't the assholes.

Do you complain that people call Mario's archenemy Bowser and not Koopa?

Fate is incredibly mainstream. It isn't 2010 anymore, it's basically normalfag-tier at this point and probably one of the most profitable series in Japan atm.

hopefully never

when is TM gonna do something new

>FGO’s “story”
Hell fucking no.

>picture
I don't get it.

I suppose that can't be helped.

How's Fuyu? Better or worse than Chyuu?