Unpopular opinions

I legitimacy like 03 over B.

There was some stuff about FMAB on here yesterday. I noticed FMA was on Netflix and put it on in the background and was surprised that it was.
>Danta and Light is better than father and Slave
>Greed03 is better than GreedB
>The slow parts are better
>FemBarry is better than FatBarry

What unpopular opinions do you guys have?

In my opinion OP is a faggot.

Kyoani could adapt FMA better

Thats not an unpopular opinion NEET

I never seen K-on or Free! . Its on the "watch this one day" list.

>Danta and Light is better than father and Slave
Completely wrong. Dante's motives were retarded
In what way?
>The slow parts are better
Sure.
>FemBarry is better than FatBarry
Ehh sure why not.

Greed03 death was more important, it was the Ed03 first kill and the changing the body makeup just made more sense and less of an asspull at that time.
The slow death of greeds crew was better too.

Dante was a sex lich. Whats more motivation that that!

Honestly I just prefer FMA over Brotherhood simply due to the fact every homunculus is better written and it had much better versions of Wrath and Sloth. Also King Bradley being Pride fitted him perfectly.

Sloth Vs Armstrong's was a cool fight.

/Thread
Thank you for not disappointing

>I legitimacy like 03 over B.
As do I.

>What unpopular opinions do you guys have?
Localizations produce better stories.
80's animation is visually garbage.
anime peaked in the late 90's and early 2000's.
3d animation is garbage because the nips are digitally incompetent.
Noise makes anime look better.
The only good jojo is jojo 1.
Nips don't understand how men sound and/or nip men sound like women.
Dragonball is the worst dragon ball.
Faulkner soundtrack is the best in all of anime.
Hand tracing over 3D/digital renders is the pinnacle of animation.
Memeazki has only made 4 good films. (princess, nausica, delivery, sky castle)
Dubs are usually better unless the dub tries to get voices similar to the jap actors.
Nono is best girl.
Tournaments are bad.
Faggots/traps are bad.
non-martial art / non-fighting sports anime are bad, there has never been a sepak takraw anime.
Slice of life is bad.
manga is pronounced like dang
environmentalism was/is a played out hypocritical motif

I haven't watched 03. I probably need to.

>>Dubs are usually better unless the dub tries to get voices similar to the jap actors.
Do you think the acting is better , or do you think you just pick up on the emotions better because it is in your language?

>manga is pronounced like dang
That's not an unpopular opinion that's just being wrong. That's like me saying "Baka is pronounced like bake" just because I want to

This isn't an unpopular opinion, everyone knows this

Don't act like you wouldn't

Every opinion here is horri-
>Nono is best girl

You're alright user

I actually like Sakura Haruno and I wish kishi did more with her ( and well the rest of the cast) instead of only people with the name Uzumaki and Uchiha only mattering at all.

Dante didn't want to die and deluded herself into believing that she was becoming immortal for greater good; human and down to Earth. Father wanted to become a god; horrible, clichéd default JRPG villain motive.

I agree with those four points, but I don't think that makes Brotherhood better

i thought Father wanted to Know everything

Knowlege is Power; Power is Freedom.

Father's motivations made perfect sense, and fit in with the themes of the show.

By giving up his power, Ed finally freed himself and his brother in the end.

I think Jojo is horribly overrated
I generally go dubs before subs unless I happen to watch it subbed first (usually if it hasn't been dubbed yet), then I'll have trouble going to dubs but that's mostly just because I have what they sound like down in my head already.
I think Japanese style voice acting is super overacted and overdramatic.
I liked the second half of TTGL over the first half. The big battles in the first half were great, but I thought the second half was a stronger product overall.

It's definitely worth a watch, regardless of whether you'll ultimately prefer 03 or Brotherhood. They are two pretty different beasts honestly.

I honestly never even finished Brotherhood, the out of place comedy annoyed the fuck out of me.

Thats shonen for you

>human and down to Earth
If you mean cliched default immortal motive, then sure.

Brotherhood is pretty terrible. The Manga was good up until the end.

The 03 anime is leagues better than Brotherhood.

The humor of the manga doesn't translate well into anime, but it gets less frequent as the show progresses.

Yeah I know it has to do with parallel worlds or something, and is overall different. I have read a little bit about it. Does Lust get a lot more develoopment? She felt really shafted in Brotherhood.

Yeah, Lust gets a lot more screen time for sure.

The Homonculous in general are much better done in 03. They have actual separate motivations themselves and their creations have more impact than Father plucking them from himself.

03 definitely DID certain things better than B
>lighting
>emotional moments involving people who weren't the elrics
>Non-disney ending

Unfortunately, it's plot kind of falls apart from episode 26 to episode 48 or so. The ending is good, but when a very solid chunk of the show is just mediocre, it doesn't make up for it.

Stories are identical, with each covering different filler, up until maes dies.

Then it's 100% different.

Fma fans are the rick and morty fans of anime

No, I'm pretty sure thats jojo fans.

FMA fans are basically the Futurama fans of anime.

Annoying but harmless, and the show's pretty good though it drags at times.

>Netflix

Stuff being available on netflix is fine.

Stuff being made by netflix is less fine.

No, it is most definitely not fine either way. Why in the ever loving fuck would you ever consider worse video and audio quality?

>4k
>worse

or do you live in one of those pleb countries?

Nice try you dumb faggot. Try to summon Daiz next time. In fact, I will try to summon him

HEVC
AV1
Hi10p
10bit
8bit
x264
x265
opus
FLAC
mpv
MPC-HC
madVR
vapoursynth
opengl-shaders
Daiz you stupid bald faggot get in here

>every homunculus is better written
Are you serious? 2003 only added depth to their characters, that doesn't make them better. They weren't supposed to have it.

You make me feel better about myself

Thematically I liked 03 better. It's ironic that Brotherhood is named that, because 03 was much more a story about the brothers leaning on each other and finding redemption. The manga and Brotherhood was more of a shounen, gotta defeat the last boss and oh, hey, guess we'll get our bodies back while we do it.
I think Brotherhood is still better overall, though. I liked the 03 OST more.

I disagree with many of your opinions and that's fine, but holy shit I can't take anyone who defends dubs seriously.

Why would you opt for dubs over subs? Western dubs are objectively worse, they are often done by amateurs and the few that get good dubs are usually flavour of the month stuff

The source for alchemy made more sense to me in Brotherhood than in 03 even though they were both ridiculous. My mind was just more accepting of magic nameless beings behind a door or creature with delusions of godhood and energy from tectonic shifts giving people magical abilities as opposed to "lolnazis".

But that's true. 2003 is one of the best anime ever made. Brotherhood is barely a 6.5/10 and don't give me that muh manga. 2003 is great despite the original material. It's an ontological and metaphysical reexamination of being as a whole wrapped into a growing up story. Magnificent stuff. Most anime fans are just too pedestrian to understand its greatness.

In 20 years Brotherhood will be forgotten partially because of its terrible first third and partially because it's just another shonen story. 2003 will preserve among the knowledgeable and reputable critics.

This delusion. 2003 is hot trash, user. I bet most of you like it better since it was your first exposure to FMA. The only thing I can accept is better in 2003 is mostly everything prior to Hughes.

Definitely not. You should give it a watch again.

>Unfortunately, it's plot kind of falls apart
Brotherhood plot also falls apart, though.

Things happen, but not for any reason, and the final confrontation is only about the protagonist fighting alone because an entire army of well-trained solders decides to stand and clap instead of doing their damn jobs. Is this supposed to be a metaphor for America?

I think Ghost in the Shell is rubbish.

The FMA movie that ends the original series is better than FMABs ending

We all know FMA :B is the best anime ever made.

But is it also the nest manga?

True, and that's a low bar.

Why does Ed look like a fatty in 03?

Dragon Ball Super is the best Dragon Ball series.

GT is. Toriyama can't write for shit

Gurren Lagann was complete shit.

Not him but in some cases, it's about feeling what is said.
You can feel emotion in the speech of someone if you aren't totally devoid of empathy.
But in some cases it's badly done.

However some people fall for the style of speaking that the person has goig rather then how it's said.

That being said a good dub, with good localizations, good casting, and good acting will blow a sub out of the water.
Nothing against the sub, that's just how it is.
I mean, goddamn, there's only so many fully grown men that sound like 10 year olds who's balls haven't dropped before you just have to say Enough is enough.

Toriyama had less then nothing to do with the writing for DBS.

Not an unpopular opinion around here. After 2007 all the cucks started to hate TTGL because it had become incredibly popular.

I always tell people to watch FMA then FMAB because FMA is a better series for newcomers that haven't read the manga and it's art style has charm.
Characters are deeper and easier to like/hate because of it while FMAB takes for granted that you've read the manga and does things in a hasty manner (more action paced) instead of leading the watcher through it's story.

FMAB completes the main storyline though so it's better to finish with that after seeing 03.

I want to watch Brotherhood but I don't like how they rush through the beginning. What episode of 03 does the plot diverge?

I dunno. I think some dubs are good.

Still, I read fast, and I have no difficulty understanding the emotions of operas or foreign movies, so I'd usually rather watch a high-quality foreign voice cast than a mediocre English dub.

I always tell people not to be secondaries.