2x2 Thread

Time to cut the fat out and post your 2x2.
No multiples for different formats either.
Make some hard decisions.

Hello friends. Forgive the lazy half-assed crop

2/2

What's that one in the top right?

Neo Tokyo

2/2
2/2 I love Sanctuary.

The Running Man segment from Neo-Tokyo.

Bottom two I have no idea, but top right is a decent short compilation. Memories is better
What's top left? And if bottom right is that street-fighting loner school one, it was meh from what I read

Sanctuary and you can't even mention the word 'meh' to describe Holyland if you're serious enough to add Shiki to a 2x2.

Started reading Holyland, boring af MC, typical bully villains from any HS SOL anime, dropped

Shiki, great world-building (in terms of town), interesting characters (doctor's a bamf), great action suspense themes

I'll concede that the world-building was well done for the most part but story and characters just fell flat for me by the end and it felt like a chore to finish. As for Holyland, the mc isn't great at the start but develops quite naturally over time and I was really invested in his character arc by the end, although I was more interested in Izawa and Shougo.

Which characters and why? Every character felt consistent to me and most were even challenged in some way.
How does Holyland MC get more interesting? Does it mainly involve character dilemmas or doe she himself change his perspective on things

I'll keep it short because I have lectures in the morning. Kamishiro's story is essentially about him gaining strength and his attempts to rise above his own personal demons through street fighting. I'll try to keep it simple but the best way to describe how he sees himself at the start of the manga is that of a pathetic coward (hence the suicide attempt) and street fighting becomes an outlet for him to improve himself. A big part of his motivation comes from his relationship with Izawa who introduced him to street fighting and is revealed to be surprisingly similar to Kamishiro in his outlook and aspirations.

As for Shiki, I can't think of a single character that interested me aside from that really strong old villager. Most of the characters were annoying at their best and irritating at their worst (Megumi in particular is definitely up their on my list of shittest characters in anime)

1/1
Neo Tokyo > Memories
2/3
-Shiki

clockwise by how many hours of sleep were lost

2/2

2/3

3/3

Neo Tokyo was better than Memories as a whole but Magnetic Rose was a literal masterpiece
2/2
1.5/2
Haibane Renmei was alright

3.5/4
Kon's stuff has never appealed to me as much as I'd like.

OP here, I dislike all of his other movies, they feel like they aren't even by the same person, but I just absolutely love those 2

9/9
best taste here

2/2
3/3
4/4

Guaranteed_replies.jpg

I think my problem is how they all end in action scenes. (I don't remember Rose's ending and I haven't seen Millennium Actress) They feel shallow and uninteresting compared to what that came before them.

/r/anime

Fabulous.

Amazing taste but depressing.

2/2
Paranoia Agent is my favorite Kon thing.

Someone once told me that 2x2s were the future.

What are these? I only know the bottom left.

2/2 assuming top left is Manie which I haven'tr seen in a long ass time.

1/1

2/2

2/3, didn't really like Berserk

3/3, I'm always kind of surprised by how little attention Hikaru no Go gets, it was fucking solid start to finish.

3/3, Lain always puts me in a really weird funk whenever I watch it.

2/2, need to watch Paranoia Agent someday

I could tell you but what would I be getting out of it?

I dont know why people hate me for my favourites,I have watched anime for 4 years now and this are still my top shows,i just dont like high scool or moe bullshit,so please tell me what you think

Honestly 0/4, I would probably add a fate anime in to the mix if you really want to impress people. The Fate franchise as a whole is probably the most complex network of narrative fiction ever devised by man.

Not much. I looked up the top two. Google thinks bottom right is "modern art."

Oni was good, Crazy for It didn't do anything for me.

1/1

4/4 unless that's Rebuild.

Bottom right is wonder by mirai mizue. I'm glad you tried to find everything yourself.

Tfw your taste is the most generic thing possible.

what's the top left and lower left? too newb :(

I love rebuild 2,1 is just an unnesesary movie,3 is not that good but i really like some of it,but neon genesis and end of eva even more will never be surpassed by the rebuilds.
>gif related,it's for those sick bastards that prefer the remakes

Even if generic those are good anime,
3/4 i dont know what top right is,give a name and maybe a will recognize it

It's liked/seen friend

sure is
1/4
2/4
4/4
1/4
3/4
2/4
1/4
2/4
1/4
4/4
2/3
3/3

I'm impressed that you managed to shrink your autism down to a more manageable (still noticeable) level.

That's Ping Pong.

Artfag 2x2 since my real one is boring

Thanks. Have you seen And And? Kinda just seemed like a worse version of that.

4/4

+Versailles
God taste.
++++Anne, Only Yesterday
+Versailles, Maruko-chan
++Eva
+/-Shiki
+++FLCL
++Eva
+++Angel's Egg
+Perfect Blue, Magnetic Rose, Lain
++CCS
+Kenshin OVA, Turn A
++Eva
+LWA, Paranoia Agent
++Wonder
++Airy Me
+Country Doctor (

Forgot image.

>have you seen And And
Yeah, Mirai did both of them. I'm not sure how you could possible think And And is better than Wonder. Wonder is, uh, wonderful. It's probably the most sound piece of animation to come out of japan in the last decade.

I think the extra polish on And And won me over. The plain white background and obvious marker(?) lines in solid colored areas don't look great. There's more unique stuff going on, yeah, but I enjoyed the overall experience of AA more (and I thought the music was better too).

1/1 (Kare Kano)

Top left is Rose of Versailles, bottom left is Macross: Do You Remember Love.

I think this experiment is working the way I wanted it to. I feel like I am seeing more individuated taste in these. It is also interesting to see that Eva and Berserk still makes it for lots of people even when forced to cut things down this much.

3/3

4/4

2/2

2/2

2/2

2/2

1/1

1/1

All the ones with Eva, Berserk, and Steins;Gate were obviously made by people with less than 200 anime viewed

Im sorry i dont like drama and high scool bullshit,im sorry i cant apreciate your stupid moe or shity comedy,i just really like those shows because they are important to me,they make me who i am,most of anime on this thread end up being boring or not special to my,and fucking accept it alredy,berserk,eva,steins:gate,and a lot of popular anime are good,you can like something even if its popular,theres no need to act like a massive faggot and say everything other people like is shit just because you spend 16+hours a day in your parents basement seeing weird ass anime all the time,grow the fuck up and let people have their opinion

Keep in mind I've only seen 60 things

I feel like I should know these
+Eva+Berserk
3/3 Don't know top left
4/4 My nigger
Bottom left looks interesting
+Eva
+Haibane
+Eva+Berserk I always thought Death Note looked edgy in the wrong kind of ways, maybe I should give it a try

Most people start with the best and most popular stuff. After you watched 200 anime only average to mediocre series are left.

>this is what newfags actually believe

Too hard

I feel like the two rebuilds and EoE

>this is actually true but tryhards don't want to accept it

> After 600 you know that anime is shit

>I feel like I should know these
>Top Left:The Rose of Versailles
>Top Right:Running Man (From NeoTokyo)
>Bottom Left: Macross: Do You Remember Love
>Bottom Right: Megazone 23

That's not true, specially if you start from 2000-2010s shows. There is a LOT of shit from the 20th century that is well worth watching.

Is this the thread where we all pose as intellectuals who know a lot about anime?

I won't pretend to be an anime expert, but I do know that popular doesn't equal good and that most of my favorite anime were discovered well after 200 shows.