Make magical girl concept

>make magical girl concept
>viewers find it boring
>make it dark in a desperate attempt to gain fans due to shock value
>Spoiler: IT STILL FUCKING SUCKS

See, this is why no magical girl would hold a candle to Cardcaptor Sakura.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyrUeTf-RQw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mudmhi_S5ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>CCS is literally the only magical girl show I've watched but I still feel the need to comment on the genre as a whole
CCS sucks, by the way.

It still isn't as bad as Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou, Magical Girl Raising Project or (possibly) Wedding Peach. Or that magical girl show that has the MG lead wear what amounts to be a swimsuit.

>make it dark in a desperate attempt to gain fans due to shock value
>second highest selling anime in the last 18 years

>>make it dark in a desperate attempt to gain fans due to shock value

Madoka did well though

>CCS isn't dark

I mean just because they made Touya and Sakura's father into spics, doesn't make it dark. They aren't black enough for the show to be dark.

I want angry Sakura images!

What was your favorite CCS Episode? The sweet meeting one is pretty good.

Literally what show do you think you're talking about? Because there aren't any shows like that.
Also there are several magical girl shows better than CCS, because it's a genre full of great shows.

CCS is the best magic girl, name three better shows

favorite one was where she met her grandfather, i think it was episode 17?
Honestly though i wish they would have made it a movie or something so we could get more interaction, just such a comfy episode

sailor moon better

Creamy Mami, Akazukin Chacha, Yousei Persia.

this

I like how the three seasons of the original all have subtle different tones. Season one was alot sillier and less plot heavy, season two was more plot heavy, it had some silliness but not as much, and season three is more character heavy and feels a little heavier. That is how you progress a show properly.

I thught it was an ok episode, kinda creepy but still heartwarming. I might get heat for this but Sakura and the calendar of memories did nothing for me. My favorite Episode has to be episode 6, it has so many iconic moments and it legitimately moved me to tears.

Don't lie to yourself, Sakura was the peak of anime.

Sailor moon only has like ten Episodes and one movie worth watching

Admit it, out of all the countless animes you've watched, catch you catch me is still the best goddamn song you've heard.

For the people who hate CCS, what makes you dislike it?

the fact that they are retarded, maybe? CCS is the GOAT

Don't fall for shitposters, they're just mad that their obscure waifus can't match the charm, charisma, and beauty of a ten year old girl.

This, only the SoL episodes and the season finales are worth watching.

I was a hardcore moonie for a long time until I actually watched Sakura in Japanese and permanently switched sides. CCS is better written, better performed, better paced, deeper, cuter, comfier, sadder and all around the superior show.

Ah yes, the good ol' Sakura circlejerk. Can't have Sakura discussion without people ready to shoot it down in favor of stroking the show further and call you a newfag/shitposter/discord/etc if you refuse to partake in it and actually try to take the show for what it is rather than what the delusions of nostalgiafags and bandwagoners built it up to be.

>inb4 newfag/shitposter/discord/etc
I like CCS. I hate the circlejerk that makes any discussion beyond "this show is good pls agree with me or you're part of this group of people i don't like" impossible.

Not thinking it's the best magical girl show doesn't mean I hate it. Stop trying to stir shit.

>Better paced
This, I can't stand shows that are 95% filler. Sakura isn't exempt from this either but I'd say it's only about 20% filler which isn't too bad.

I never said people hate it, I'm just wondering why someone dislikes it. I'm being genuine when I say I don't know why someone would dislike it. I'd like to hear their reasons.

>For the people who hate CCS
Sure as fuck looks like you said people hate it.
I don't think it's any surprise that a lot of people wouldn't like a long, episodic show about a little girl either.

More of a platinum guy myself, something about that song feels like something huge is gonna happen, it also has both an uplifting and sad tone to it as well.

70 episodes isn't that bad, some shows are like 300 episodes long. People have their own tastes which is all good, Sakura IS a kids show there's no way around that.

Madoka was ruined by Rebellion.

I forgot to mention that I don't really care too much for magic girl (might give Madoka a try)shows but Sakura is an exception, it's more about her as a character and her experiences growing up and her trials in life, she's a very positive and uplifting girl for her age who suffered the trauma of losing a parent. The other characters are also fleshed out and feel like genuine people you would have known at school. It's not the perfect show as I never cared for too much of the filler or for the Rika/Terada arc but it's still enjoyable. Sakura is a fantastic role model for young children and the show can be enjoyed by anyone, it's a kids show but it doesn't dumb things down and it can get pretty deep at times.

What's your point? I'm saying there are very obvious reasons why a lot of people don't like the show, and wouldn't like it however good it is. That many other shows are longer doesn't make 70 episodes any shorter.
A large group of anime watchers want shounen battle power level bullshit. I expect a lot of them hate CCS because Sakura has so many powers but doesn't use them like that.

>pedos
>LGBT shit
>Cuckolding
Sakura isn't redpilled at all

>There are very obvious reasons why people wouldn't like the show
I already mentioned the pedo stuff (which I think is a bit fucked up) I guess because it's a show for little girls? There's also alot of LGBT and cuck stuff in it but unless you're redpilled like me you won't get affected by it.

>The other characters are also fleshed out and feel like genuine people you would have known at school
Not sure I really agree with that. Tomoyo for instance is a great character, but I don't think she's a realistic one.

So you're just shitposting then? Thanks for making that clear.

Realistic in the sense that she's a certain caring and loving person. There's also alot of people who like filming shit, she'd be perfect in this day of age, she'd probably be a YouTube celebrity. I am not shitposting, I'm aware of all propaganda in any show or movie, but I can usually looks past it and enjoy the show, as such the case for Sakura.

>you like Cardcaptors?
>Hahaha faggot!
Fuck those cunts, this show is GOAT

>Cardcaptors
No nigga, never watch that shit. I watched it as a kid but it's so cringe now when I watch it. They tried to make it an action show with techno pop but it was fucking retarded.

>CCS is the best magic girl, name three better shows
Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu, Princess Precure

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uyrUeTf-RQw

Was the Aussie dub any good? I heard it was alot closer to the original version.

Any episode where the plot focuses on Touya, they always do a great job and showing how perceptive Touya is about magic and how much he cares for Sakura behind the scenes.

Touya is the underrated character. He also has a layer of pain and sadness beneath him.

What the fuck am I watching?

Holy shit I never realized how cringy this dub was.

>Toya is called Tori
So is his name Victoria or is he a British loyalist?

idk it's garbage, the voice acting sounds like they picked random people off the streets of Vancouver (where the dub was recorded and edited) gave them no time to rehearse, read the script, or warm up. The voices kept cracking or mumbling which is very amateurish and shows the actors were poorly trained.

If I recall, I think they said Sakura lived in like reading Pennsylvania or something. Older American dubs never ceases to amaze me.

Isn't there a new CCS dub coming out?

Back to /r/ the donald

Reminder that Honey is the best ED. Nothing comes close to it's comfiness and sweet, heart melting lyrics and it's soft beat.

Honey is the best without competition when paired with the animation. For the songs alone, I think Honey is tied with Groovy.

Honey is based. Its the perfect rainy day or background noise song.

What's so good about Honey? It's slow and boring.

Madoka is shit outside of the visuals.

The animation that goes with it puts me in such a good dreamy mood. Sakura is the most happy show ever made.

Groovy is pretty jamming.
For me it's Catch You Catch Me>Platinum>Dreaming
Honey>Groovy>Fruits Candy

The opening "I am a dreamer, with a hidden power" in Platinum always gives me chills.

No love for dreaming? ;_;

The visuals are super comfy but the song is just ok, it's sandwched between two juggernauts.

The visuals in the OP were amazing, the color yellow is so comforting and it was beautiful to look at. All the OPs were great to look at, but I'd say dreaming was the best because it had alot going on. I like the song it fits perfectly, it has a reassuring sound to it like everyone and everything will be ok.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mudmhi_S5ko

Low-key best opening, best visuals no argument.

Episodes 34&35 are so good, it has feels, comedy, action, cuteness, story progression, it has it all.

Madoka was saved by Rebellion!

Isn't Sailor Moon made for 90% of SoL episodes? The rest either being seasons finales or close to it?

Goodnight, may we all have sweet dreams about Sakura.

I like Symphogear. Rip me a new one Sup Forums

>name three better shows
I can only name one, and that's Nanoha A's. Sakura as a whole is better than Nanoha as a whole, but Nanoha's greatest moments (AKA all of Nanoha A's) are better than Sakura's greatest moments.

Princess tutu, utena, madoka y sailor moon

Clear hen kind of sucks though

Madoka is great. Anata wa shittu taste desu.

Sleep tight

All the girls and Yamazaki all sound like 30 year old Leaf ladies

>make magical girl concept
>viewers find it awesome
>animation team make it lighthearted SoL in a desperate attempt to appease TV censorship
>Spoiler: IT'S STILL FUCKING AWESOME

Tomoyo is pretty realistic, but it would be very strange if her obsession with Sakura lasts into highschool or even later.

Sonomi's obsession with Nadeshiko is still around and she's an adult.

The problem is that they didnt really commit to having good slice of life. They somehow make it seem formulaic. And the amount of one off characters they created was criminal.

Hello I'm a contrarian

How much did it sell?

She's of that one-love types, and knows she can't get ever her beloved. Obviously perverted things are the way to cope.

It doesnt seem quite as intense though. I feel like Tomoyo would kill herself if Sakura died.

>CCS sucks

Sonomi had Tomoyo style her hair in a certain way to look more like Nadeshiko.

Formulaicity is Ikuhara's style. And this was one of the first moe SoLs, predating the genre itself by far.

Modtly I just wish they had put more reasorces into Sailor Moon. So many of the episodes just seemed rushed and not well thought out.

Why do you think it has anything to do with censorship? They had to make four episodes for every chapter of manga, so it was either that or stretch every scene and make an awful show.

>I've only seen one real mahou shoujo anime

No they didn't, fuck off. It's fucking great.

There is literally one bad episode of Sailor Moon. No one should need to be told which one I mean.

You have shit taste. Watch some real magical girl anime. Nanoha is a joke.

Sailors Stars date episode?

After they rehashed the "new store opens up but oh no bad guys are doing bad things in it" plot like 20 times I began to realize how weak some of the writing was. That kind if thing wouldnt be so grating if you watch just one episode a week but it is kind of depressing watching it now.

No. I don't really remember that one but I don't think it was particularly bad.

Sounds like it's your problem if you can't cope with monster of the week shows.
Maybe just watch one episode per week if that's all you can handle.
Besides that was mostly Jadeite's thing and he only lasted a dozen episodes, though it did come back a few times in R.

Doremi exist.

I can cope just fine. I watched the whole damn series after all. I liked it but still wish that they had put more time and thought into the show as it had plenty of room for improvememt in almost every way.