No but seriously

No but seriously...
What did Sup Forums think of Porco Rosso?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cYDyhS8BnHM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Too smart for the average Sup Forums brainlet!

The studio's best movie after Laputa.

It’s actually one of my favorite ghibli movies, really like the aesthetic and feel revolving around honor.

best miyazaki film

Not an anime, it's in a western setting and by the hack Miyazaki whose works should never be labeled as real anime. I'd prefer to call his supposed art "complete and utter shit"

youtu.be/cYDyhS8BnHM

by that logic, macross isn't anime because it takes place in space?

second best miyazaki
coincidentally, his best is also about planes

I hate it

It's a perfect movie
>old Italian setting
>that MC with a weird unexplained curse
>villain that fights hard, lost and yet becomes successful in the epilogue
>those goofy pirates
>that afterlife scene
>finale dogfight ended in a fistfight
>that kissu
>that ambiguous ending
How could that old dog Miyazaki created such perfection?
his movies always put me in a sentimental mood.

One of my favorite and most overlooked Ghibli movies.

a to

Its my favourite Ghibli movie, and I cry everytime I watch it without fail. The scene where Marco watches his comrades go up into the stream and join all the other dead pilots just breaks me.

The ultimate in Miyaservice; I love it

Super comfy

Favorite and one of the best Ghibli movies. The settin and characters make somethin totally unique, can't beat it.

Gotta watch it again now you fucker.

I'd rather be a fascist than a pig.

One of the best Miazaki. One of the few Ghibli films that I have rewatched.

So what? Some hick girl that is attracted to anthropomorphic pigs that are sophisticated and wealthy and lives in a seaside town?

Easily my favorite and most rewatched Ghibli film.

Totoro is the best Miyazaki you fags.

A girl at school earlier said that she didn't like it cause it blueballs you with that ending and not telling you if she wins the bet.

I told her that's dumb and that the movie is fantastic just cause of the ski heaven scene and the punchout.

Only actually good story Miyazaki made.

How? Literally says never saw "Porco" again, but he's Marco after she kissed him at the end anyway.

I think she just wanted to be contrarian. She also said she dislikes Kiki and called is SOO Boring.

everyone in here is in the good taste club. This is definitely a top Miyazaki movie. So understated but perfectly done.

Fio is my favorite ghibli girl. She brightens the movie so much.

Also probaby the best non italian movie about italy I've seen.

Best Ghibli girl.

Truly when pigs fly.

It made me emotional when I saw the grand procession of planes, as well as seeing the childhood version of Gina, whose role is now fulfilled by Fio, representing the future. The whole story is filled with nostalgia about the past and what could have been, but inexorably the characters move on. I like the story for how elliptical, yet poignant and lighthearted it is. It does not need to reach for grand spectacles like Nausicaa or Mononoke, but still leaves a deep aftertaste in the end.

my favorite Ghibli film. Good enough that I bought it on bluray

damn user you're on point

Deserves a spot in one of the best anime movies ever made. Seriously. It doesn't feel like an anime, it's something more. And i'm usually meh towards Miyazaki films.

Is this fan art? it looks so textured

Story of my fucking life

That's not contrarian, that's stupid

>Some hick girl that is attracted to anthropomorphic pigs

You left out a letter.

It's good.

One of the greatest.

A lot of it pretty good, but then it gets into the cringeworthy and unflattering territory. Like how the villain is obviously a caricature of Walt Disney and how Porco is supposed to be Miyazaki. Plus it has lots of weird and confusing comedic moments. The final ending was also pretty meh.

hi taki

Was surprised at the total lack of conflict, everyone is so chill and friendly it makes me feel depressed because I'll never live in such a world.

A very minor work, with none of Miyazaki's mystical/mythical inspiration.

Yeah, something this well animated is not anime at all.

This.