Mc gets super overpowered by being sent to a fantasy land

>mc gets super overpowered by being sent to a fantasy land
>he doesn't become the most evil being in the world
>instead he's a nice guy

Someone explain this shit to me. It doesn't make sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can't understand normal people, normal people don't fantasize about rape and murdering others. You're a pig wondering why humans don't eat shit

Most people will do something dishonest if they are given the chance to totally get away with it. If someone entered a world where they were the strongest, and could get away with anything, they would surely test that limit.

>Most people will do something dishonest if they are given the chance to totally get away with it.
This.

You mean most burgers, judging by your fiction and other country fiction.
Thankfully, people from other countries, with one regional exception, are not as war crazy nor bloodthirsty.

What happens when people have unchecked power.

You are simply proving my post.

You can be as smug as you want, but you wont be able to prove this ideology is contained entirely to America. Even you will do something dishonest if given the chance.

You're still only thinking in extremes. Evil just doesn't begin at rape and murder. Extortion, black mail, excessive manipulation, insider trading, etc etc. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and one's morals would be the only thing keeping that in check. No culture or group is above it. Only exceptional people are. The average person would definitely exploit others for personal gain, it's just a question of how much.

>having superpowers means you should treat the world like it's GTA
Explain this logic to me

>could get away with anything
>test that limit
If they are the strongest what is the limit you are talking about?

most otakus want their power fantasy self-insert to be a nice guy, because they think they're nice guys themselves and identifying with a sadistic villain would make them feel bad

these shows are also generally targeted towards the lowest common denominator, so the story has to be a very standard "save the world, get the girl" kind of buisness, or else the audience will get confused

But I had followed traffic rules and not killing pedestrian while playing GTA on main story.

Well said. The change is gradual. Like, first you only exploit your cheat power in order to do something natural over there e.g. slavery. Then, little by little you try committing more serious offenses, because you can always get away from it.
>should
It's just a natural state of man. Double more since he's in a violent isekai world.

>Someone explain this shit to me. It doesn't make sense.
Some people have this thing called empathy, and they actually don't enjoy hurting other people.

>what is the limit you are talking about?
How do they prove they are the strongest? That's the limit they will test.

>but you wont be able to prove this ideology is contained entirely to America

Have you check what kind of shit your country up to lately and in the past decades?
It make every other country, including Japan, Russia, China and Israel look like saints.

Empathy would make you weak-minded. In no time, naive thinking like that would turn you into a puppet for the king/pope/whatever as the hero aka useful idiots. Being strong means you have no luxury to careless yourself, since you are under threat from basically everywhere. Once people in isekai world know how strong you are, they will try to use you like a tool.

Burger logic.

Burgers think everyone think like that and that's why it's alright to be horrible shit to everyone since everyone are horrible shit.

>your country
I'm on the opposite side of the planet from America, thank you very much.

You said he is the strongest

There are so many edges in this thread I think it's completely come around and become a circle.

Pacifists are retarded. They also get in the way of other people's lives. Consequently, not only harming themselves but also other people (usually their own countrymen). There are shitload of them in Japan, usually senile old fools. Japan has to be strong militarily if it were to continue to exist and protect its national interests (and its allies).

Christian slave morality is the true cancer, however. It encourages you to castrate yourself, either symbolically or even physically.

>It make every other country, including Japan, Russia, China and Israel look like saints.
stop fucking overreacting, Russia is at least as much of a warmonger as the US, they're not even that good at hiding it
and nothing the US has done stacks up to the literal genocides Japan, Russia and China have comitted in the past

I'm all for criticising Murica, but absurd claims like these are just blind anti-yankeeism really

Reread what I said. How do they know they are the strongest, even if they are given all the power in the world? At what point does the realization happen? Every MC has done something stupid to prove this. When you're a normal human, you get a sense of what you can and cannot do. If you suddenly became a god, even if you had someone slap you across the face and tell you that you are the strongest, you would still need to affirm this for yourself by doing something you normally would not be able to do. This is the "limit".

Is that explanation enough?

KEK the absolute conceit of the eurocucks in this thread. You can’t pin everything on America, you utter buffoons. Humans WILL commit evil by nature and to deny that is pure delusion, I can’t even believe people in here are actually trying to

t. bong

Oh is this that experiment where the sample size was less than 20 and the person conducting it also participated?

Fuck off.

That's what I expected of Sup Forums desu. Most of the board, this site even, is filled jaded adults and edgy kids.

It's like being in a philosophy class where everyone is that weird kid who sits in the back.

Most people do not like getting hated by everyone, by being the most evil being in the world ou are also making tons of enemies and most mcs are not that op, that it does not matter to them at all.

You might want to reword that "in the past decades" to past 20 years, because otherwise you look like a fool. Mao, Stalin, Empirical Japan were all past decades.

Maybe you should stop projecting your own edgy fantasies?

I'm Chinese and I'll admit that evil is in everyone. Do you pick up loose change you spot on the street? That's technically theft. Jaywalk because the pedestrian crossing is just that bit too far away? Accelerate just before your light turns green, because you were observing the pedestrian light/other directional lights to predict when yours would change? It's the nature of life to want to exploit the slightest advantage available to you. Without it, your great(insert as many as needed)grandparents would not have pipped that other multicellular organism to mating with just the right partner to have survived down the aeons. Hell, trees try to outgrow one another for the most sunlight. So it's not even limited to animals.

>strong and overpowered
>doesn't care about good or evil, but not edgy
>isn't a pussy, willing to wage war just to collect waifus and fugg them
Isekai need more MCs like this.

>>doesn't care about good or evil, but not edgy
Wait, he actually cares enough for being a decent person more or less, but he will overthrow countries and slaughter enemy soldiers when he wants to (aka when it has something to do with his women). I mean, he's not a hypocrite, a huge moralfag or anything like that. He does whatever he wants.

Not if you can get away with it by mind-controlling them (brainwashing skills), in this hypothetical scenario where he can get away with anything.

>Do you pick up loose change you spot on the street? That's technically theft.
This is a thing someone actually believes.

No, nobody actually thinks that. He's right though. I pick up change all the time, and don't feel guilty, but it's not mine and it's not my property to take from. You can technically define that as theft.

>Social Darwinism

It is though. Yeah, nobody cares if you pick up loose change, but when you start applying the same logic to other things you can find like a wallet or a misplaced credit card people will start caring. Just because you find it doesn't mean it's yours.

>mc gets super overpowered by being sent to a fantasy land
>he doesn't become the most evil being in the world
>instead he's a nice guy
>slowly starts becoming an eldritch abomination with contrarian morals
Hey atleast the Chinese are up front with this shit.

Why would anyone feel empathy for people you have no relation to?

A lot of people are not subhumans like you. They have normal, developed prefrontal cortex.

If you truly think this is a good idea then read A World That I Rule

>this entire thread

Have you not read Shield Bro? It's even getting an anime.

I read the webnovel. He's not really evil.

Well I mean I wouldn't exactly call him a nice guy either.

Too bad Chinese novels are even shittier.

>not cultivating your dick into your waifu's heavens
Wow what are you some kind of faggot?

they do, though

What is the best edgy JP isekai, Sup Forums? Ouroboros? Kurono Maou? Nidome no Yuusha? Dungeon Seeker?

>Chinese
>no morals
What a shock.

Compare and contrast eurocuck moralfagging hypocrisy.

If only there were some sort of middle ground between "normal people would never do anything bad" and "everyone is a sociopath and will exploit any advantage if they won't get caught". Neither of those things make any sense.

The only thing that doesn't make sense here is your inability to admit that there is evil in your heart too.

There's a very big difference between everyone having the capacity for evil and everyone being amoral and exploiting any advantage.

Yes, and that's all anyone in this thread has pointed out. Nobody is saying everyone is a sociopath, they're saying everyone has the capacity to do immoral things, and humans will often test the boundaries of what is socially acceptable. It's normal.

OP literally says that he expects anyone with super powers to become evil. Other people said anyone would exploit any advantage if they thought they wouldn't get caught. That's sociopathy.

There's a reason we have different words for various ideas. If people meant sociopathy, they would label it as such. Sounds like you're the one exaggerating here.