Meme subs

>character calls someone senpai
>subs show the character's name
>character says something common like "itterashai" or "itadakimasu"
>subs show a completely different sentence

Why is this allowed?

Because it's fun.

Cr subs are written for normies who watch anime to be "different" and dont actually care about stuff such as which honorific was used
Fansubs who omit honourifics or take overly liberal approaches to their translation need to fuck off though

>Expect it to be left untranslated
Enjoy sucking that Jap dick for the sake of flavoring rather than grammatical accuracy.

Honorific faggots like you need to fucking neck yourselves already.

Why do you care if they omit the honorific? Do you watch anime muted?

Localization.

>character makes a noise such as a sigh
>gets translated into generic phrase instead of being left up to the viewer to understand what the noise meant.

This infuriates me to no end.

Based Commie release. Why does Sup Forums get so butthurt about them? I know it's autism but there must be something else.

>subs show the character's name
If you're going to translate senpai, it's really the only good way to do it.

elitism. it'd be more bearable if it was translators shitposting but theyre not,theyre actual twitchtv tier reddit normaltons

"Him" or "her" also work to some extent, though that depends on the context

This. If you're gonna shitpost, do it well.

because I don't want another shit like the keikaku meme

It depends on how much you're being paid, how much the Japanese studio cares about your translation, how much Japanese you expect your audience to know and pick up, and how creative you are.

Sir works, doesn't it? But I do see your point.

Because I just want to be comfortable and watch some nice relaxing anime. I don't want memes for ADHD hyperactive 12 year old twitch commenters jam packed into my anime. I do not think it is funny. I want normal subtitles for normal English speakers.

>karaoke subs aren't a thing anymore

You are not better than them, fucking retards that sperg out at the sight of anything not translated.

Are you deaf? If you can hear honorifics then why complain about them not being in the subs? I never understood this autism.

Sir is a bit off for translating senpai. It could work if the senpai is much older and the two people are not close. But if they're both say teens only 1-2 years apart... Also senpai can be said with a tone of endearment, and then sir wouldn't work either.

When I used to translate I didn't give a shit about putting in senpai, -kun, whatever. Editors would sometimes give me shit about it, and they were almost always neckbeards that knew just enough Japanese (e.g., not much) to be a pain in the ass but not actually be useful.

anyone /jellydonuts/ here?