Good gal Asuka suggests that Misato takes them to a noddle shop...

>Good gal Asuka suggests that Misato takes them to a noddle shop, so she doesn't need to spend too much on a steak house and the Evil R*i can come along since she is a frigid that doesn't eat meat
>yet no one comes to visit her on the hosptial except shinji that literally comes to come

Poor Asuka.

At this point it may as well have been a different show. Watching those mid episodes post-EoE is jarring

I would have at least let her sit on my face for a few hours as thanks.

>for a few hours
>not for the rest of your pathetic life
At least you would have a purpose in life.

>Asuka grows up with no father around
>Mother that she loves completely replaces Asuka with a phony doll and kills herself, leaving her corpse for her to walk in on
>Lonely toddler Asuka grows up all alone with nobody that could understand or help her
>Tries befriending Rei, but she's selfish and says no
>Misato lets Shinji into her home out of kindness; she only lets Asuka in because of mission requirements, plays obvious favorites with Shinji and ignores her
>Shinji is the only person that could aid her sad, broken heart; he doesn't pay her any attention and won't even hold her when they kiss
>Still does her job and tries to be friends with others; saves Shinji and waits for him in the hospital, finds an affordable ramen place so that Rei and Misato can enjoy it
>Nobody waits for Asuka in the hospital
>Comes back from either death or near-death to Shinji throttling her
>Still caresses him

Asuka didn't deserve this

Reminder that in NGE, Asuka probably spent her 14th birthday alone while Shinji was locked inside unit 01, Misato and Kaji busy banging each others and forgetting the date, all her other classmates evacuated from the city, Ritsuko and the rest of NERV staff not giving a single fuck, and Rei not even having a concept of what the fuck a birthday might be.

I just want to hug Asuka and take her to an ice cream stand ;_;

I really think one of the underdiscussed themes of Evangelion is how the chance of true love will prevail over a literal utopia.

Shinji and Asuka love each other so much they'll miss out on instrumentality to be with one a other.

This is true but Misato spent that whole day trying to save Shinji, not banging Kaji.

> Shinji and Asuka love each other so much
That's really not why they leave instrumentality though.
They each individually feel that their place in the world is not in the middle of a human soup, because there's no happiness to be found in human soup.
But that's still a facry from a "power of love" ending, since love was not what made them decide to stay or leave instrumentality in the first place.

>you will never be her dedicated seat

I generally agree with you that instrumentality was more about self-actualization, but there is something to be said about the last scene being titled "I need you" and Shinji's brief visit in instrumentality heavily featuring Asuka's romantic and sexual nature.

I love Asuka's power stance. Her tough girl act is so cute.

>Asuka blows out a cake that she made herself and softly sings Happy Birthday To You to the empty household before eating a piece of it, not particularly liking it, tossing it out and spending the rest of the night defacing magazines and trying not to cry

>Asuka blows out a cake that she made herself
plz stop ;_;

>you will never have a loving relationship

Asuka a cute.

Easily the best EVA.

Sometimes I wish that EVA had stayed that way, with characters progressively getting over their issues and without psychologically devastating fights against Angels.

Yeah, but then you don't get all the good character development the later episodes pulled out desu