No, also

Saitama

>hisoka
>loves to bully fun weaklings and kill boring weaklings
>wants you to think he likes strong opponents
yes that is pretty unique faggotry

Unique nontheless

Kenshiro?

Hisoka always felt like a blend of Akagi and Kefka with a perverted spirit and Jojo poses.
Anyway Johan and Akagi

LOS

Just about any Fukumoto character works, but mostly Akagi.

Runge from Monster

>Escanor
>jobs villain mid dialog and ends generic tournament arc prematurely after they did the 'I created clones with 20% of my power trope'

>with an open fetish for strong opponents
Isn't this a really common battle shounen cliche? In fact it's the only sort of story where you'd ever see these sorts of characters

Ace student with a god complex is litterally an anime character archetype and it has been many time since Death Note and it was probably done before..And Togashi has more unique character than Hisoka.Open fetish for strong opponent is litterally Dragon Ball and most Shonen.

Literally Goku

An average every day high school student with few goals and aspirations, who one day discovers he has a secret ultimate power and attracts every female archetype for miles.

Kirito - gamer who is trapped in game world
Subaru - otaku who dies and goes to fantasy world

The second one is literally Kazuma

> gamer who is trapped in game world
That sounds just like any underage with autism

you mean Joker from Yu Yu Hakusho! Nice call!

FUCKING BASED NAITOPOSTER

What a shit thread. You should be ashamed.

>battles an actually strong opponent
>gets his shit rekt

Try again, newfag.

Both of them.
Additionally, The Count of Monte Cristo.

I'm rereading the chapter and was thinking

Which part of the asspull unfuck the damage done to his brain via oxygen deprivation

Osaka
Sora from Sketchbook

>Hisoka
literally the best character in anime, his trope subversion is nothing short of genius

This.

Smile from Ping Pong maybe? He's one of the most unconventional protagonists I've seen yet.

Inuyashiki

No

yes, I cant tell if OP is being sarcastic

Classic well done rec bait thread but whatever.

>ace student with a God complex
Totally original was never done before Light's time do not steal

>magician with an open fetish for strong opponents
Dark Schneider?

Was there an earlier example than this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA²

>gamer who is trapped in game world
Ironically, the first time I've seen this in animation form wasn't from an anime
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_N:_The_Game_Master
Movies also did this (Tron, Nightmares' part 2 and The Last Starfighter as a borderline example)

She looks like video girl ai

>unpredictible nihilist
>never been done before

>"mad scientist"
>has actual, clearly defined goals instead of dude science for the sake of science lmao
>not hysterical maniac, but not completely devoid of emotion or remorse either
Even in other kinds of media I struggle to think of someone who would honestly top him.

>>Light Yagami - ace student with a God complex

Anime or manga for MiA?
I normally wouldn't ask this but I heard good things about the soundtrack

The OST is phenomenal and the art is pretty decent, especially considering the budget they got. However, the anime covers a bit more than half of the currently released chapters, so if you are presented with the choice of either reading the manga or watching the anime, I would suggest the former. If you feel like you could be assed to watch the anime and then read the manga, then do that.

Blade of the Immortal had one.

Similar, but Kenshiro isn't infinitely strong like Saitama, he's just stronger than anyone else in his show. Saitama is a joke character designed to make fun of stuff like FotNS.

No, Joker only kills people because/when it's funny (his definition of funny), he's essentially a force of nature.
Hisoka is perfectly sane, he's just got a boner for killing strong people. He's not interested in murder, he only kills people he wants to fight or those who antagonize him.