Isekai

Am I supposed to find this main character cool and badass? Because to me he just seems edgy.

Also is the bullying worse in the novels? Because in the manga the bullying is pretty much nonexistant.

Bad Isekai Thread

If you think that's cool, wait until he comes out of the Labyrinth. He goes full fucking chuuni, robot arm trenchcoat eyepatch chuuni with magic guns. It's some atrocious character design.

Every thread is bad isekai thread. If it isn't bad isekai thread, it's us arguing whether X isekai is "so bad it's good" or "so bad it's worse".

most anons are kids too young to have experienced non-mmo isekai, it's fucking shameful

There's non-mmo isekais running RIGHT NOW.

they're not going to learn about non-mmo isekai if you keep showing them bad isekai.

Dude, his arm got munch cut him some slack.

If I enjoy it then it can't be bad.

80% of the "isekai" I enjoy isn't strictly isekai, so I'm kinda jaded.

>bros before hoes
how many isekai do this?

Post isekai that are actually good. I start.
>Nobunaga no Chef

rarely are there bros in Isekai so you have to have that first

>Mushoku Tensei

It isn't polite to lie on the Internet friend.

Shinju no Nectar has no stats.

Don’t reply to people asking for recommendations.

But I like recommending people things I like.

The only well written isekai is Overlord, it's even put up in the book/literature section of jap stores.

Kumo the Friendly Spider

God dammit, I didnt see this thread, might as well crosspost here.

Recent Translation for chapter vol 3 chapter 8.

Arifureta isn't that bad all things considered.
Especially in a world where Dungeon Seeker and Healing Magician are a thing.

>Arifureta isn't that bad all things considered.
It is honestly no better than Dungeon Seeker.

Those 2 are leagues better than Arifureta ever hopes to be.

At least it's got a narrative.
Dungeon Seeker is over 5 volumes and the plot is still nowhere to be seen.

Dungeon Seeker is up for debate but give me a break with Healing Magician.
You can't just put [Healing] in front of everything and pretend it makes sense, that's is not even retarded that's not giving a shit.

youre complaining about healings magicians cheats, but are ok with Hajime "I made a submarine, a Humvee and satelite particle canon" yakuza stare?

At least it's got some fluff and effort put in the exposition.
Healing Hero literally did a healing time warp and healing brainwash, you're kidding me with that shit user ?

>Effort
>Author literally states he is just masturbating himself onto paper.

Healing and Dungeon Seeker have actual characters, Arifureta is just Poochi with a bunch of sterotypes pinning for his dick or mentioning how big his dick is.

how about "reincarnated into another world and got a slime waifu"

Every isekai has fucking characters out their ass, and they can all be banalized into being shit so spare me this stupid game.
And I'm not making a case of it making sense or not, no isekai does, I'm making a case that HM does not give a shit and its asspulls are way beyond even the low standards set by this shitty genre.
So when Arifureta tries to explains its skills and materials and asspulls rail guns, it's withing my expectations.
When Dungeon Seeker playing with numbers and skills while trying to keep some consistency, it's within my expectation.
When HM can do everything because he can just put healing in front of every skill, it's lazy and shit.

You want to know how HM sounds ?
HEY I HAVE THE POWER OF LIGHTING, I CAN REVERSE TIME BECAUSE MAGNETIC FIELDS AND SHIT AND I CAN BRAINWASH BECAUSE ELECTRICITY; AM RIGHT GUYS ????

That looks like a spider.

yes he gets a spider waifu too

Sounds great.

You can throw a shit fit all you want. HM set the standard of what was going to happen with the first time he pulled the time rewind and degeneration heal.

Everything else is pretty damn tame in comparison, and he never abuses these BS powers in the story, the author made sure to place limits on it.

Hajime not only gets things handed on a platter, but also conveniently has everything he ever needs to fix the plot.
Going to the sea?
Lucky i made this submarine
Getting recked by a villain?
Lucky we got a healer.
Fighting a slime?
Lucky i picked up this flamable material
A character dies?
Lucky i just learned soul magic

you complain about lazy writing, but defend Arifureta when its culpable of worse.

At least in healing magician the Author isnt trying to make the MC look like a hero in the readers eyes.

And unlike Arifureta, if I dont like the MC, there is a nice rounded cast of characters with actual development and personality beyond "I want to fuck the MC, why wont the MC fuck me?"

then you’ll like this board are these the translated updates for the recent chapters?!

I made some quick translations of the chapters that just got translated into spanish.

If you have any questions i would gladly give you a summary of what happened cause i dont really have time to do more.

>then you’ll like this board
No, I like this one just fine.

It can't be as good as the spider in Tsuki ga.

Defend Arifureta ? Are you fucking nuts ?
I said there's worse than it and HM is definitely one of them, you're the one defending that shit.
To me this is comparing a cup of cold piss and steaming pile of shit, the piss is more pleasant bit if you prefer digging in the shit be my guest.
But if I had to choose between HM the asspull master and Arifureta with some sprinkle of consistency I'll take the latter.
Maybe I'll use a Healing spell to set your hands on fire because cells and lipids and shit.

Why are you such a stick in the mud lmao.
go back to whatever hole you crawled out of you spastic.

This spider's pretty yandere too.

Cute isekai protagonist > edgy isekai protagonist

>Being this assblasted cause someone insulted your chunni garbage.

waiting for English updates is true suffering

This novel actually has pretty serious story-telling.
Like the story isn't literally just collecting monster girls like the premise may make it seem. Character's have actual depth, they develop and progressively change as the story goes on, and it has an overall goddamn plot that isn't something watered down to 'beat the demon lord,' 'return home,' or 'be the strongest for no reason.'
Plus the author is one of the few web writers that actually makes use of good foreshadowing (i.e. subtle things that become important later and isn't just a scene cutting to someone bloating about random shit).
I'd say the latter half of the series is done better than the earlier half, but hey, that's experience for you.

>You will never have a one-eyed zombie elf knight woman swear loyalty (and her sex life) to you

Is this Master of Monsters?

It is.

After getting his arm ripped from him and holing himself near the god crystal, he spends a week with evergrowing hunger and thirst, and he keeps being tormented by the phantom limb pains, his sanity is drained by the maddening hunger and pain.
After meeting Yue his edginess decreases a lot

Sorry for being that guy but can you provide me the link of the Spanish translations? i only found Spanish translations till the chapter 29

Just caught up with RtW. Gotta find something else to read now I guess.

rezerotranslations dot wordpress dot com

>only 2 volumes out
Guess I'll wait. I'd finish that in a couple hours probably.

I feel so bad about recommending this to a friend. I was still at the first dungeon part when I did.

Muchas gracias

I feel you, I burn through light novels so quick its depressing because just when its getting good I get to the latest chapter.

Can we have a moment of silence for actual good isekai with dead translations?

>Dr. Stone.

Thats I keep in the backburner novels that have less than 3 vols translated.

And when the time comes i get to read a whole lot by the time I went doing the rounds.

Also, MTL is fun.

yeah, when translation died i thought about reading the wn raws (ln seems mostly identical from a brief scan) but decided that i wasn't that excited to find out what happens next

Problem is a lot of the long running series are garbage Chinese novels like Against the Gods. At least RtW wasn't your typical xianxia. Shit like Faraway Paladin and Isekai Tensei Soudouki only have 1 fucking volume translated on novelupdates and FILWTV got fucking dropped so even if it has a lot of chapters it's not going to continue. Reading is fucking suffering. I wish I could give myself memory loss so I could reread HakoMari or Mushoku Tensei.

Man the translations aren't even that far behind the raws considering how slowly the author updates. There's only been one chapter released this year so far.

faraway paladin is like 4 volumes already from jnovel club

>MTL is fun.
I am unfamiliar with this term. Mind cluing me in?

honestly at this point it really is better to learn Jap, Korean or some other language, im blessed that there seems to be a big Spanish translators community, so half the time i get to find something when the English ones stall out.

I learned Chinese in the military but like I said, most xianxia I find just become mary sue stories.

Holy fuck honestly if I could just wipe my memory once a month to reread everything that would be great.

Machine Translating, Ive had a rough time trying to decyopher Tanaka the Wizard, but I just want to know what happens next so badly.

How many types of edgy protagonists exists in isekai? The types of edgemasters I've seen in my limited isekai experience are those who got royally fucked by circumstances induced by assholes and then becomes a grimdark edgemaster, and the MC reincarnating as an evil species like a lich or a goblin and then very quickly adopts the morality gauge and mindset of his new species, his original personality be damned.

Man, don't make me feel even worse. Is this another example of an author being too busy with the LN?

This is 95% of all Chinese MCs.

Maybe I should pick Tsuki ga Michibiku back up. It wasn't horrible. I only got 230 chapters in which was similar to where I got with Konjiki no Wordmaster and Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken before getting quite bored with those. Might also give New Gate another go since I hardly got very far in that. Boy, I've also gone through stinkers like Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan, magi's grandson, and World teacher. I need help

Holy christ this is accurate.

>weird hair colour to be "unique"
I wish. They're all fucking black hairs nowadays.
When not they have white hair.
That's the two fucking options.

The ideal would be some combination of the two. The most likely combination we would get would be the worst of both instead.

That should be written as a joke characte.

Anyone read A monster who levels up? It might not count as isekai though.

You and I both, my friend. You and I both...

Is it worth picking up? The KNs I have read haven't been absolute shit but the premise reminds me of Re:Monster, which was fucking awful.

I'm a little sad he isn't a skeleton anymore already.

Man, Overlord got weird fast.

Good taste

Overlord seems to be the only skellington WN/LN where the MC stays true to his bones.

It's interesting to say the least. It stays away from Re:Monster territory as the MC tries to sustain his humanity. The setting is different though with a blended modern fantasy setting. I'd advise checking it out though.

KNs almost always have NTR, learned that the hardway after I ended up reading "A world only I Rule."

I guess it's supposed to be cool, though the MC is actually chuuni as fuck; he has silver hair, red lines on his skin, a mechanical arm, dresses in black, is an biter and angry edgelord and has a ton of overpowered abilities.

The progression of the protagonist in Arifureta is fucked. The way the MC goes from being extremely weak, whiny and spineless to being an overpowered angry edgelord the moment his arm is bitten off was ridiculous. It didn't feel like natural character progression, rather it felt like the author added the change to allow the reader to more easily self-insert in this power fantasy.

And of course this series had stats, skills and classes in because the author was too lazy to have realistic growth and because it allowed him to make the MC OP extremely quickly and easily. The MC is able to gain a shitload of OP skills and raise his stats through the roof by killing and eating monsters in the first dungeon. It totally feels like and RPG and not even a good one since no good game would let you get this overpowered almost immediately. And on top of that the MC quickly gets OP magic that nobody else has and the ability to create whatever technological tool he feels like, after which he starts collecting girls for his harem. Arifureta is pretty awful and the fact some people present it as a good example of the genre speaks volumes about isekai stories as a whole.

Skeleton Knight
Faraway Paladin
I Became a Sword when I Reincarnated
Overlord
Rokujouma

>KNs almost always have NTR,
Really? Did I just get lucky with Everyone Else is a Returnee?

>I Became a Sword when I Reincarnated
I still find it hard to believe that this is good.

No, you got unlucky because you read that garbage.

It's the fucking generic title.

I've read worse.

Monster Rancher
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (despite the fucking filler)
Those Who Hunt Elves
Magic Knight Rayearth

As have I

wow that's pretty bad. it actually made me shiver, impressive.

>Gobu Rou gets BTFO
One of the many, MANY reasons sword dad is a great series.

I actually have a rough time finding something that's actually "good". Why don't you enlighten me with your taste.

I was really enjoying FILWTV till they fucking decided to ask the author under the pretense of their screwed moral.

But that's a devil, not an Ogre.

Log Horizon? Does it qualify as isekai?

Do you think anyone else will pick it up? I'd like to give it a shot but I know I'd be fucking pissed once I reach the end of current TL.

He didn't become one the moment his arm was cut off though? He became one after 10 days of slowly starving to death while the drips of the god crystal kept him alive.

The story is shit, but I find tons of people that trash it over exaggerate points of the story.