Dr. Stone 45

This is some sad shit man

jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/45/page/1

>they said it again
Fuck.

So...
Did the descendants get out of the island?

I don't even know anymore. I mean, they'd have to, at some point, because otherwise how did Senkuu end up on the island?

Goddamnit this chapter hit me hard desu.

Goddamn I love this manga.
Pleaaaase don't get an anime.

>Pleaaaase don't get an anime.
What did he mean by this?

It's implied that they did because, well, they ARE on mainland Japan now. There's a lot we don't know about the tribe's history (and it should stay that way, explaining too much will open up plot holes), we can assume they migrated to the mainland as they had thousands of years to do so.

And unrelated, but seeing the astronauts dying one by one was seriously sad.

TFW u realize that this manga could have a tomboy win.

Obviously he doesn't want these threads to be run by secondaries and ruin the comfiness desu. Not to mention that we'll get more shitposters just look what happened to the BnHA threads, i dare not go there anymore.

he doesn't care about the managaka's financial wellbeing and rather keep his threads "comfy" which in his dictionary means slow moving and without the anons who generally post about anime (who are cancerous).

God fucking dammit.

Kek.

>He literally says right there that it wouldn't mean anything if they were related
Methinks Boichi is subtly complaining about his editors.

>They're coming
Oh boy oh boy

>The purpose of the hundred stories is to one day direct Senku towards Japan
?????
But Senku was already in Japan, I don't get it.

Glad it wasn't just me

>Boichi
Boichi is the artist.

Man, Byakuya had absolutely zero faith than any of his descendants could just rebuild civilization themselves.
I mean, he was right, but still.

That's what I imagined, personally I don't care either way. And let's be honest there is bound to be shitposters in these threads either way.

>next arc is war
MY BODY IS READY

the only thing I find really exaggerated even for a fictional setting is how he remained conscious counting every second for thousands of years

So why didn't Byakuya use the 100 stories to teach his descendants anything about science, technology or the actual history of humanity?
Would have helped them a lot.

He did. But there's no point in teaching them about internal combustion engines when they can't even make proper tools yet.

I mean when your wife's son is a literal once in a lifetime genius, I feel that's a reasonable thing to bet on.

Sure, and to be honest i do want an anime myself, but almost everytime this happens shitposting hits absurd levels desu.

>The children of the other astronauts were clearly raised in English
>The only other adult on the island only speaks English, which Byakuya speaks too
>Byakuya decides to impose Japanese on his new civilization anyway
>Doesn't bother teaching them how to read and write

Japanese is actually easier to speak than English though. In all honesty, if they fixed how annoying writing it was, it mighr work out better.

it's a bit silly that they'd be able to pass down a nearly-uncorrupted message from the village founder 1000s of years ago but not any knowledge of science.

the only way it makes sense for the village to still be living in the stone age is for the village to have had some disasters or plagues or conflicts which meant that normal function and passing down of knowledge was severely interrupted. Which is quite likely . you could imagine oral traditions getting lost due to a mini civil war or a plague or something.
However in that case you wouldn't have a direct message from the founder last 3700 years.

if the oral tradition was that robust they could have used it for enough basic science to get out of the stone age in some ways.

There is a point actually. So that his descendants will know that it's possible and will try and replicate it through trial and error.
He also could have taught them that you can use wheat to make ramen and bread, but nope.

Pretty hype ending. I wonder how they’ll deal with Tsukasa’s return

It's pretty much a given now. Even the mangaka thinks so.

Why even rely exclusively on an oral tradition? Why not just fucking write it down and make sure that your descendants can read and write? Especially since that way they can read whatever books and signs are still around on the Japanese mainland when they inevitably travel there.

>So that his descendants will know that it's possible and will try and replicate it through trial and error.
How are you going to leave detailed information about stuff like that when you don't even have proper materials to write on? All you'd end up with is your decendants down the line thinking shit was magic.

And? I doubt anyone would like that retarded story after making such a great father-son duo.

>He also could have taught them that you can use wheat to make ramen and bread, but nope.
And they didn't have wheat. They had foxtail.

Write it on what, exactly?

Mainland, not just Japan.

I assume it must be because
>land on a desert island
>too far to reach mainland
>no artefacts from mankind like paper etc left over
>don't bother making any lasting writing like idk wood carvings or stone carvings or wax writing boards even though you have decades
>unable to leave island until many generations later when you have enough people in village to build a big enough boat to make the voyage
>but have stopped bothering teaching their kids how to write by that time
>so by the time they're back on the japanese mainland all the books and other writing there are impossible to read for them

which is also flimsy and tenuous.

This is the manliest manga on WSJ right now, right?

Even if you don't have paper, you can carve on rock, clay or wood. It's what our ancestors did thousands of years ago.

>Especially since that way they can read whatever books and signs are still around on the Japanese mainland when they inevitably travel there.
You didn't notice that it's heavily implid onde of the couples died trying to reach it?

Of course I noticed. Doesn't change the fact that Byakuya should know that it's inevitable that one day his descendants will want to explore further shores once they've gotten better at making boats.

Anyone else think we'll switch back to Taiju's perspective for Chapter 2?
Also how hype would it be if next chapter is titled Y=1?

I just wonder how did space descendants survive if the adults died from pneumonia.

Yeah, especially since all that inbreeding should make them even more vulnerable to disease than normal.

now i am sure this is fault of the editors.

Not all of them died from pneumonia.

So, in what way are Byakuya and Senkuu related?
Did Byakuya remarry but then she died but he kept the kid?
was he adopted?
Did the wife cheat and then dump senku on byakuya?
did he even have a wife at all?

>Of the highest priority is information about food. Like wild animals and such.
YOU FORGOT ABOUT FARMING YOU STUPID FUCK.
You condemned your people to millenia of hunter-gatherer lifestyle because you forgot to tell them that they can just grow food off the ground and raise cattle.

Enough of senkuu now, I want to go back to taiju doing super cavemen shit and fucking his bitch.

I like the manga in general, but i am sure senku is the one carrying it. Moving from him would kill the manga.

Yeah, we will get two or three Taiju chapters either now, or when Tsukasa's troops reach Kingdom of Science.

Well I mean, he could've carved it in stone.

I don't want tsubaka to die, he really wants to be senku's bro but his stupid ideals block him, is SMT IV again.

this fucking manga is so good goddammit

Most likely he adopted him.

The senkuu and byakuya moment is touching and all but the shit writing with those astronauts not contributing anything worthwhile drags it down.

Fuck tsukasa he'd rather humans stay cavemen

If they do focus on him I hope his character gets more fleshed out because right now I don't care about him at all.

Most likely Senkuu is just adopted.
We don't see him talking about his mother, or any maternal figure for that matter.

that is why i said his stupid ideals block him, lokk how desperate he is here to avoid killing senku

not enough build up, so, no emotional response. sorry.

even considering killing senku makes him the worst

You are truly "Dr. Stone" heart.

I'm hyped for WAR

>Taijufag

A = 1
Time for a new beginning, history starts moving again from this point.

He's gonna die of a minor infection and I'll laugh on his grave.

oh, god, yes! I haven't even considered this. can someone page tetanus? we got a nice host here

What if he actually found baby senku in the street and the reason for this is actually part of the plot?

>but the shit writing with those astronauts not contributing anything worthwhile drags it down
Agreed, it's REALLY contrived that they didn't pass on any useful knowledge.

>Chapter 1: 5738 A.D. had ended
>Up next, Chapter 2: Stone Wars
I'm ready

What knowledge should they have passed?

Or his sister is getting de-stone and beat some sense into his ass.

He's probably still immune to tetanus. Staph is better anyway

>How to read and write
>Farming
>Animal husbandry
>The wheel
>How to make metal
>The actual history of makind
>The fact that all those "statues" are people

>>How to read and write
>>Farming
They aren't farmers.
>>Animal husbandry
They aren't ranchers.
>>The wheel
I'll give you this, but it's possible they passed it on and no one ever really used it.
>>How to make metal
They aren't metalsmiths. Even if they were, this doesn't mean they can make ovens efficient enough to work metal.
>>The actual history of makind
For what purpose?
>>The fact that all those "statues" are people
Probably a good idea yeah. Wouldn't change much though.

>The wheel
my sides

>>>The actual history of makind
>For what purpose?
For what purpose? It's their history. The same reason we all study history and archeologists keep trying to find out new things about people that died centuries ago.
History is useful to learn from the mistakes of the pasts, and know what worked and what can be imitated. The Ishigami village is primitive, if they had been taught about how civilizations in the past worked, they would have tried to follow their example. Just look at how Chrome reacted when Senku told him about real history.

The astronauts most likely only have rudimentary knowledge of world history, and they probably had their hands full trying to survive in a desert island before worrying about setting up classrooms to waste valuable survival work time teaching history.

>only have rudimentary knowledge of world history
That's more than enough. It's better than nothing.

>and they probably had their hands full trying to survive in a desert island before worrying about setting up classrooms to waste valuable survival work time teaching history.
And yet they had enough time to teach 100 stories about the adventures of Momotaro and the gorillas? Give me a break.

You don't get it. Boichi just draws, he is not on charge of the dialogue.

>And yet they had enough time to teach 100 stories about the adventures of Momotaro and the gorillas?

They were survival and basic science lessons disguised as fairy tales to make learning them more fun, Speed Weed.

>>>Farming
>They aren't farmers.
>>>Animal husbandry
>They aren't ranchers.
You act like farming takes years of study to master. They need food, and they know that if you plant seeds in the ground on fertile soil you'll get more food. They should also know that if you find cows/sheep/pigs, you can herd them together in pens and keep them around so that you can eat them later.

Finally back to science I hope! bzinga.

I understood that, I'm just saying that they also could have told tales of the actual history of mankind, with a few embelishments if they want to make them more fun.
Also, the only "science lesson" found in those stories was the names of minerals. They should have taught more.

You act like farming is a simple matter when you have no access to crops or tools or likely even particularly good farmland.

>that reaction
dropped, fuck this mango

They had a hundred fucking stories already.

>Also, the only "science lesson" found in those stories was the names of minerals. They should have taught more.
You're assuming the content of 97 stories based on what you know of 3.

feeling a bit guilty about itching the ditch while thinking of him

These last two chapters have been so full of bullshit that I'm no longer hyped for the war with Tsukasa

At least he should be tried to teach them basic things...

cya next thread

He did. Thing is, what you think is basic is not actually all that basic at all. Remember, these are people stranded on a desert island with no tools or support of any kind, who end up raising the children of 2 more couples as well as their own, since the first couple died at sea and the second of pneumonia.

which means everybody is a fucking inbred, and I'm amazed at how they aren't severly retarded/crippled after almost 4 thousand years of this.

muh plot armur

>which means everybody is a fucking inbred
No shit.

>inbred
Thats why Kohaku has 20/20 eye sight also loli and Kinrou can wear same glasses.

>>Series get anime
>>Thread inundated byshitposters, Frodos, fujo-posting, flat-earthers, and know-it-all college freshmen

We should coin a term for this pheonomenon

I didn't notice they were in an island - it seemed like a peninsula. and I didn't notice any info saying there weren't more settlements, or something.