White Album 2 did a much better job using music to illustrate character development than K-On did

White Album 2 did a much better job using music to illustrate character development than K-On did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18ObVdcCkdI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jyEphbGo4
youtube.com/watch?v=a802q2-UpGU
youtube.com/watch?v=3fY-ja0q1fw
youtube.com/watch?v=09yhX11A8bk
youtube.com/watch?v=zLolYMh9a04
youtube.com/watch?v=S6SIyyVyO8I
youtube.com/watch?v=kASEcr4Z3GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0pikiNb3ge8
youtube.com/watch?v=f03zXT7mhgA
youtube.com/watch?v=5eGkwbAkl6M
youtube.com/watch?v=N1I6H3zYx08
youtube.com/watch?v=69AXA7dWBWo
youtube.com/watch?v=k4HDTtWQr6A
youtube.com/watch?v=HXSmnBSdwz4
youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5ET_qjT_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That show had music?

>implying kon was about music

certainly more than hibike

This.

CC TRANSLATIONS WHEN?

That's odd since WA2 didn't have any character development.

Some of it already is translated you dumbass.

Let me rephrase it then. CC FULL TRANSLATIONS WHEN?

With all the VNs getting a western release these days how has one of the most famous VNs in Japan not gotten one? Is it a situation like the Fate series where the developer is asking for too much or is there just no interest from western publishers?

Those are machine translations.

Are you referring to K-ON! or K-ON!!?

Because if it's the former I'd agree but the latter has this:

youtube.com/watch?v=18ObVdcCkdI

Is this nigga serious?
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5jyEphbGo4
youtube.com/watch?v=a802q2-UpGU
youtube.com/watch?v=3fY-ja0q1fw
youtube.com/watch?v=09yhX11A8bk
youtube.com/watch?v=zLolYMh9a04
youtube.com/watch?v=S6SIyyVyO8I
youtube.com/watch?v=kASEcr4Z3GQ

It's expensive and there's not a big enough audience.

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=0pikiNb3ge8
youtube.com/watch?v=f03zXT7mhgA
youtube.com/watch?v=5eGkwbAkl6M
youtube.com/watch?v=N1I6H3zYx08
youtube.com/watch?v=69AXA7dWBWo
youtube.com/watch?v=k4HDTtWQr6A
youtube.com/watch?v=HXSmnBSdwz4
youtube.com/watch?v=xZ5ET_qjT_A

K-ON is wildly overrated honestly

In what way? It had great character development, and decent directing. The girls actually felt like girls rather than cardboard cutout tsundere, kuudere etc.

>It had great character development, and decent directing
Lol idiot. You don't even know what great character development or directing is. On top of that, you don't know what overrated means.

Yui episode 1: heavily dependent on her younger sister, late for school and distracted
Yui S2 E1: At school early in the morning practicing guitar
End of S2: Yui is a dependable senpai to her kouhai azusa.

Sound of Destiny is not WA2.

You just described a character arc.
Now explain how it's "great character development".

Yes it is you moron. It's the second song they play in the concert.

It was in WA2 though. And it certainly got more focus than in WA.

Ultimately it was forgettable and isn't really superior to any other noteworthy SOL/music series

Also kon is littered with tropes

Disagree, if you went Rina route then Sound of Destiny was very very prominent.

Go ahead and keep making claims you have no knowledge of.

While I agree it would be expensive based on how long it is, I disagree that there isn't a big enough audience. To start, it's already had an anime adaption (unlike most VNs), so it already has an established fanbase. The anime in particular was one of the more popular shows on CR the season it aired. If they were worried about how many people wanted to buy it, couldn't they just use Kickstarter so they don't lose any money if it fails?

While I'm a fan of K-ON, please never ever conflate popularity/sales with how good a series actually is.

>muh sales
everyone point at him and laugh

Neither WA or WA2 are popular. I have no idea what you were smoking. Even in terms of VN adaptations both series are niche at best in the English speaking anime fandom.

Well, I didn't read the VN, so you are probably correct. I was talking about anime.

Haruki and Setsuna were shit

>It's expensive and there's not a big enough audience.
I feel like Leaf/Aquaplus is one of the companies that does not give a fuck considering they worked with Atlus USA and brought over Tears to Tiara 2 and Uta 2+3, but that might have been because those were more fantasy focused while WA2 is pretty much a soap opera.

Setsuna was the good one though. The other girl just fucked off to Europe after trashing her best friend's relationship.

No, they both are great. It's just that the adaptation did a bad job portraying them. It's clear that the director was Kazusafag (though I'm one as as well).

Those are tactical RPG games. Whereas WA/WA2 are strict visual novels with little 'gameplay' in comparison. Much less palpable to the Western audience.

Unsurprising, the former is a serious drama while the latter is an idyllic comedy.

I meant that WA2 is popular relative to some of the other VNs that have gotten a western release lately. Things like Sharin no Kuni or HoshiMemo are completely unknown to most people other than those already into VNs. If VNs like that can pull in tens of thousands on Kickstarter, why can't this as well?

Clannad only recently got an official western release.

White Album 2 is not even close to Clannad's level of popularity in the west.

Did you even read the closing chapter?

>setsuna about to have sex with mc in hotel
>sees magazine with touma on it
>"HOW COULD YOU?! YOU STILL HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT HER!! YOU'RE JUST GOING TO HURT ME AGAIN!!"

Right, I agree that this can't compare to Clannad, but there are a lot of smaller and lesser known VNs that have had successful Kickstarters over the last few years (look at pretty much anything sekai project has done). You don't need Clannad-level popularity to become profitable nowadays; I'd say the western VN fanbase is big enough to support smaller titles.

Those are both eroge. If WA2 was an eroge like the original White Album then it would have a better chance.

Also, Sharin no Kuni is one of the most popular VNs. And those Kickstarters are aimed at people who already are into those VNs. They never reach outside that core fanbase,

Aquaplus seem to be pursuing their own avenues of localization since they've been working with Atlus USA since 2013 or so. I know people have been bugging visual novel localization companies to grab WA2 for years now, since I think it ranked like 2nd or 3rd on some poll around the time the anime finished, but it might be due to some reluctance on Aquaplus end.

Threadly reminder that you can watch WA2 without watching WA1

Christmas was a goal at one point, but naturally that did not happen.

Well, she's not wrong...

The weak should fear the strong

Erm, don't you think that's a perfectly normal reaction for her, considering what happened 3 years before?

We are going to have a thread on February 14 like last year, right?

>Touma is strong
She can’t do shit without MC

Because Haruki wasn't being completely honest with her you moron. Just a few minutes earlier he was saying he had completely forgotten about Touma. Later Setsuna finds the magazine that should be in Haruki's bag on the bed instead and infers that he must have been thinking about Touma RIGHT BEFORE having sex with Setsuna. How the hell wouldn't she be upset?

Of course if you actually fucking played the game and not get your synopsis from wikipedia or some faggot's blog you'd know that Setsuna immediately regret blowing up on Haruki. She tries very hard to accept the fact that Haruki will never really forget about Touma but like any woman, she wants him all to herself, and knowing that disgusts her. She hates that ugly part of herself.

Yup. You have my bow.

Just translate VN already please. I really need it.

And my axe.

Lol, nothing funnier than a mad autist defending his waifu.

So what if he hadn't completely forgotten? They still haven't seen each other for 3 years, and the MC was entitled to some slack. To be cockblocked that badly was hilariously stupid; even the only sane character in the VN, Io, was baffled and considered ending her friendship with Setsuna, despite being fiercely loyal to her before that.

That being said, it's very clear you're a massive beta that will side with the female under all circumstances. I bet you dream of forming your own harem.

I mean in terms of their place in his heart, but mostly I'm just kidding around.

No, retard. It's not normal to freak out that much over a magazine suggesting the MC was still thinking about a 3 year old love. At worst, it should be a peaceful end to their relationship, but it ended up being some of the most over-the-top melodrama ever seen in a javanese work of fiction.

But she really can’t do anything without him. I’m a Setsunafag but I’m still curious what interest she has in a guy who won’t look her direction

Ah, I see, you are just retarded.

>no argument
>"i know, i'll just call him retarded!"
The mark of an idiot.

Reminder that pic related is the canon winner.

>Lol
Get the fuck out.

No.
You're a retard. I don't listen to retards.

>Those are both eroge. If WA2 was an eroge like the original White Album then it would have a better chance.
Wait, what's the definition of eroge here? WA2 does have sex scenes, so does WA1 just have a lot more?

but k-on was never about the music

Are you literally retarded? Read properly.

Koharu is trash.

lol at your EOP existence

There's nothing wrong with not knowing japanese.

See