It's another durian episode

it's another durian episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durio_graveolens
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude Durian actually taste good don't get fell for the >HUURRR DUUURRR DURIAN IS DISGUSTING
only the smell taste disgusting.

this
It's called the King of Fruit for a reason

it's definitely a really good tasting fruit

this does not remove the fact that it is also overpowerfully strong smelling, to the point where they could be called near weapons grade

>it tastes good
nah senpai it gives you that thing where you cna smell it while you chew it in your mouth

I literally started puking after tossing it in my mouth and tried to just chew without breathing through my nose

its way too fucking pungent unless you grew up with it

It's way too fucking sweet.

Durian is good when you eat it when it's still fresh from the tree.

southeast asian here, fucking hate durian.
but the smell and taste is not as disgusting as people make it out to be.
Western pigs can't handle them with their beta nose though

fuck you. Durian smells good. Smelling it makes my mouth drool

Durian flavored latte I had one time was the best cup of coffee I've ever had

your either gay or subhuman

>SEAmonkey calling people pigs
wew

n-nobully, I wanna try it

We're all animals here

Durian is basically a vanilla cream in a fruit

Actually, they discovered a mutated strain of durian with no smell but no idea if anybody plans to mass produce it.

Remember, pretty much every fruit and vegetable is from a mutated strain that humanity picked over another strain.

Durian is a king of meme.
I get it its surprising and novel that something that stinks actually tastes ok but its not nearly as good as admdvertised or any other Thai fruits, its just OK, its not great.

The best fruit in Thai is the wooden garlic. I foegot the name but the thing is like a garlic that's some soft wood with red juice on the otside and on the inside its like garlic but the pieces are very soft and absolutely delicious. The second best is maracuya

I wish more serious studies were done with Durian, though.

Like actual scientisic studies.

For example, I want to know if people who are feverish or sick, should eat Durian or not.

I was thinking sick people have a hard time eating food so wouldn't something soft like Durian were you don't really need to chew, be ideal for sick people.

Durian also has tons of magnesium as well and other shit your body is lacking when you are sick.

Wow mangusteen actually googles as "Thai wooden garlic"

Westerners always complain about Durian, Shrimp paste, Fish Sauce, Natto, and Balut.
But you don't hear us complaining about your Cheese and Haggis now do you?

White people have the weakest stomachs

I honestly prefer the white fleshy variety chilled from the fridge. It's like fruity ice cream.

fish sauce is the stuff that is literally rotten fish juice, right?

Durian smells like shit, but Singapore is a nice place. If all you care about is food and shopping, it's basically paradise

*fermented
Fermented is the word.

>only the smell taste disgusting

Why does everything that get fermented immediately get called rotten.
If it was intentional, it's fermented. If it was unintentional, it's rotten.

The durian I had didn't small so bad

But I guess a raw durian smells worse

I can get behind anything fermented to a degree (natto still seems like beans and jizz to me) but I can't get behind eating fucking bird fetus.

you are fermented stupid

>he doesn't eat smells
You don't know what you're missing out on.

Some cheeses are meme tier.

I had blue cheese once and I felt like it tasted like like the scent of shampoo or soap.

It was very unpleasant. The blue cheese was used in a roast beef sandwich as well.

You folks have Black Pudding and Foie gras
Stop the hypocrisy. We all eat disgusting dishes

Durian has an overpowering smell, but it's not as foul as people say. The taste and texture are amazing too. Truly the King of Fruit, and a pleb filter.

Thats just a fucking mangosteen

>sweet when ripe, savory when young
>size, richness, sweetness just like durian, all the good side of durian but with hints of freshness
>potentially could combat hunger for its versatility
There is a king and he has been robbed of his throne and crown

black pudding is just blood

its not a bird fetus

>Sup Forums - Cooking

>hypocrisy
He's not criticising anyone's eating habits user, he's just saying he doesn't like certain foods, one of which is balut.
Everyone having likes and dislikes is fine isn't it?

The smell is strong but nowhere near "rotten trash" level. Fucking Cuckcasians have to stop their inane exaggerations of anything thats not mac n cheese

Jackfruits are ok tier. But durian season amazing

>>plebs hating on durian

I get why people hate the smell, but as a durian lover it just makes me salivate.

Durian is amazeballs.

I cant have enough of them, they are the best thing ever.

Brits "complain" about haggis all the time since it's famous. Pretty sure even scots "complain" about haggis since it's cool advertisement. Surströmming gets negative rep but swedes eat it all the time and love it being referenced. Salmiakki is good and mämmi (the shit-looking dish) is decent but they're still memes.

You can complain about school food, national delicacies are just different acquired tastes.

From what I've been told by friends Durians smell pretty bad but the pulp is basically like nice, sweet custard. The Antarctica dorks not liking them at all is probably just because they're Japanese.

They are, buying them in NA sucks though cause they are literally half as flavourful. Same thing with durian. Rip asia fruits

I bring this up whenever theres a durian thread. There was an episode of Fear Factor where they had to spin a wheel and eat what it lands on. Bull testicles was on the list. A women spun into durian, ended up not even getting close to the plate of durian before vomiting and quitting the game. Why the fuck are you even on fear factor then you dumb bitch?

TV exposure.

This. She got on TV so she's probably just happy with that.

Then how about lasting a little farther than opting out at a national delicacy? Years later and im still mad

Who Musang King here?

Maybe she didn't find it very delicious.

The worse part about durian is that when someone is farting,trust me you wouldn't wanna smell durian fart if you think durian smells horrible wait till someone fart out durian it's 10x worse than normal durian smell...

A simple durian fruit in a show about terrible and disgusting fears?

>man you dont like my fruit that smells like hot sewage in a third world country
>subhuman
Yes this fruit does come from subhuman third world countries ur right

>natto
>good
even my jap girlfriend agrees the shit has the consistency of snot and it tastes like ass

>too beta to stomach a fucking fruit
soyboy tier

>eating fruit from ladyboy and manlet capital
yeah whatever faggot

There's no reason not to if they can do it. It would just make it easier to sell to more people

>it's another "THE JOKE IS...THE JOKE IS...IT'S DURIAN!!!"
>"Durian smells like shit and stinky socks and fermented putrid stuff and rotten onion and...and...and...hurr durr!!! Do I fit in yet, guys?"

I'll never understand why the fuck normies love to exaggerate the fuck out of durian. The smell is strong and overbearing, but not stinky like what these drones love to spew. They really need to stop parroting this DUDE DURIAN LMAO!!! shit.

Not as bad as someone farting out this.

For me, it's longan.

wait
what are you trying to say about longan?

Did someone link this thread to a durian farmer forum?

long yan means "dragon eye" in chinese

For me it's the custard apple

If it tastes anything like jackfruit it's shit.

Everyone raves for durian here. Durian is good, it’s just felt too custardy for me, too rich. Meanwhile jackfruit is nice to eat with some lime or lemon juice

It's the Durian Internet Defense Force.

Speaking of which there's also fermented durian called Tempoyak. Will your gaijin noses be able to handle it

If you people think durian/mangosteen are the worst smelling fruits, you haven't smelled durian's lesser known cousin. These wild fruits that will never see commercial sales outside local market. Expect the smell of burnt rubber from these.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durio_graveolens

Nah, all you need are old wives' tales. Durian is heaty by nature so if you're feverish you shouldn't eat it because you'll aggravate the illness that way.

But to prevent "overheating" from eating too much durians (some people do get sore throats and fevers from eating too much durians), they advise you to use a durian shell, fill it with water and drink it.

>use a durian shell, fill it with water and drink it.
Or just drink lots of water.

Sometimes I like to smell my own piss after eating durian

>Drink an equivalent of one glass at best, from a nice durian shell
>Bloat your stomach with gallons of water on top of durian carbs

Pick one

Every food thread I see outside /ck/ is somehow better than any food thread in /ck/

Will they try Vegemite next episode?

Well then, bon appetite.

What in the FUCK is that.

Im actually thinking durian for my thesis atm

t. Food tech student

Sheep head.
It's a Norwegian delicacy.

Sheep's head. Traditional Norwegian poor people food. You cook it for three hours, then you eat the brain with a spoon.

>smells like hot sewage
I thought we're discussing durian here not surstromming?

I don't get this 'Durian is smelly' meme. Just how weak are you? It's just another (expensive) fruit.
Is this because the lack of spice in white people food culture?

That's fucking metal.

Jesus christ.

What shit hole do you live that durian is expensive?

It's smelly.

It's actually cheaper in shithole countries.
I live in the Philippines and it costs just 2-4 dollars. Primarily because there is no need for health inspection and shit

>Is this because the lack of spice in white people food culture?
lmao delusional

Looks disgusting, but is it's name as bad as pic related? That's a nice pan full of "Tote Oma" ("dead grandma").
It's made out of Grützwurst

I never really understood this urge to drown your food in spices until you can't taste it anymore. This habit exists mostly in very warm and humid regions. And the only purpose I can imagine for it is to mask the stench of old and rotten ingredients.

>being proud to get taxed over trivial shit
is this what they called cucked?

Durian goes well on everything.

I honestly have never seen any white person eat any spicy food without turning beet red

I'm brown who eats a lot of chili and I never experienced nor heard of "spicy diarrhea" until I became adept with the internet memes

Same reason as to why people likes the rollercoaster.
It's about the thrill of getting your tongue burned and getting drowned in endophin and adrenaline

is that holiday?

If there's any culture in the world with an actual blasphemous culinary culture, it's the Americans.

Truth be told, to this day, I have never seen any American dish that is not either coated in inches of sugar and cream, or drowned in liters of cooking oil and grease.
Like, what the fuck.

How do you people eat this shit? I had a steak once and while it tasted good, I felt like throwing up due to the massive amount of grease

When I was a child, we had this as school food from time to time. Our school kitchen always managed to overcook it until its salt and spices gave up and left and the consistency turned into that of porridge. I hated it back then. Took me 15 more years to learn that it can actually be delicious if you do it right.

Pic slightly related, tongue sausage, made of pork tongue, pork fat and pork blood. Goes well with rye bread when you need something hearty.

monkey > pig

Here we call it "fruta do conde" ou "pinha".