What is the HIGHEST DEATHCOUNT in Anime?

What is the HIGHEST DEATHCOUNT in any Anime ever?

Seriously, this is a serious topic.

Can we get a consensus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSsEAq02fJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dragon Ball Super

Franxx, Ichigo and NTR fags will be remembered

VEG's popularity

Bokurano.

in code geass literally fucking hundreds of thousands of people died to massive bullshit beams. In gundam mother fuckers would literally smash entire space colonies into planets to make a point that true communism has never been tried before. in EoE literally everybody ever is turned into tang so...whatever.

Lotgh
Billions upon billions die

Victory Gundam had like 80 named character and only like 9 of them survived.

>Dragon Ball Super

lol

its Bokurano. Super doesn't even come close.

Kid, 7 entire universes die in super. you just cant top that.

No, Bokurano has a higher death count than dragon ball super

In dragon ball super, 8 universes participate in the charade, with 7 universes being erased

In bokurano, 15 univererses are erased by the winner. While the tournament of power is a periodic affair/event, it is not clear where Bokurano's deathfest started, not is it treated as a spectator event, and the 15 universerses being erased are exclusive to the winner and do not translate to other universes, so its possible hundreds or even thousands of universes have already been erased.

Super doesn't even come close to Bokurano. Not one bit. It's not even a contest.

Dragon Ball Niggers are delusional I swear,

+ 4 others a while ago. And a large chunk of one thanks to Buu/Frieza/Beerus

>non-named characters
Fake news.

but does a universe being "erased" mean you die? Is being "erased" mean you just dont exist anymore or does it outright kill you?

They get destroyed via heat death iirc

everything burns to death and then all the matter in that universe is erased from existence and a new universe will someday be born into its place

I like your post number but thats not the answer we are looking for

So they all DIE and not just STOP. This is gonna get philosophical real fast.

>So they all DIE and not just STOP. This is gonna get philosophical real fast.

They all die first, then their existence stops afterwards. They die, then their very birth is erased as if it never happened. They get both ends of the stick.

youtube.com/watch?v=xSsEAq02fJQ

Makes this scene very satisfying to watch

evangelion?

or actually it's definitely

i think they just die

Ideon has Bokurano beat, actually

DARKFIRE, sez downer ending, all life in the galaxy is annihilated, and it's destined to repeat again and again.

Not only is the universe destroyed, but it's caught in an infinite loop of always being destroyed forever until the end of time

Legend of the Galactic Heroes probably has the highest COUNTED deathcount because the narrator actually tells you how many people die in each battle.

We know that 20,000,000 alliance soldiers died in the battle of amlitzer for example.

bokurano is still higher

That just makes it possibly equal to Bokurano, or Bokurano possibly equal to it, we have no idea how many universes there are, how long this has been going on, how long it will continue, etc, just that there's too many of them and they need to be culled all the time.

How many total across the series? There's multiple series where humanity is wiped out/mostly wiped out, like Devilman, so naturally that's in the billions of deaths.

Remember that in DB, there's a confirmed after life. Being erased just means your soul and any trace of your existence is gone.
Let's not forget that everyone will be wished back anyway, so DBS barely counts.

Yeah so if they all go to the afterlife then they are killed. If they are not in the afterlife they are not "killed". So did anybody die or not?

At the end of Ideon Be Invoked a good chunk of the galaxy or universe is taken out in an explosion. I imagine several alien races and perhaps humanity too was destroyed on top of everyone that died in the series.

Bokurano I think.

Does this even count considering that they'll all be back in like 5 episodes?

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes probably has the highest COUNTED deathcount because the narrator actually tells you how many people die in each battle.

Nope.

Bokurano still has this in the bag.

This is how many people the main characters killed only halfway into the series.

jesus christ. i cant even imagine a deathcount that high

It should be TTGL, at the end they're throwing galaxies at each other. Then comes LOTGH

but at that point what do they matter? They hardly if at all exist. Its just a number. It could be in the 10s and it wouldn't change much would it?

Killing someone means you're ceasing their biological processes. Christians believe in an after life in real life, for example, but they don't shy away from saying someone died when they think someone's soul has passed on. They die but aren't erased. Similarly an atheist or deist who doesn't buy that shit would still say you die when your biological processes cease. They die and they've been erased. In short, it isn't mutually exclusive, and in fact, being erased logically implies you've died.

Where's Shirou when you need this shit sorted out?

Didn't everyone on the planet die in Eva

as manga and anime are a visual medium, it's better to ask: which anime/manga has the most people die on-screen?

Yeah but they could come back if they wanted.

No, they just become tang.

Probably some old ultra violence 80s/90s OVA

Aldnoah Zero, pretty sure they wipe out half the worlds population or something.

>only half
That's kid's stuff.

Noir kills quite a lot of mooks on-screen, and it's especially weird because none of them are ever shown bleeding.

And most of them to satisfy one man's autism because his conscience was killed in the first quarter and he wouldn't listen to Hilde.

What do you consider on screen? Like a death only counts for that if you can actually see the person die? So if a bunch of people die in a building collapse that doesn't count because it's not technically "on screen"?

Ajin's pretty high up there I imagine. Helps that a good chunk of its cast is immortal and die dozens of times on screen each only to come back to life. It's got lots of gunfights with tons of people too though where a lot of people die.

Any anime with universe busters.

Bokurano, DBS, already mentioned.

Evangelion has a entire planet population becoming tang

Logh followed by Eva then Geass

Bokurano's final death count is a confirmed 328 trillion

ti's going to be hard to beat

Pretty interesting that it actually has an official number. Most series don't have that luxury. Like I said above in Ideon two entire races are completely destroyed and probably several others in the final explosion but there's no way to know exactly how many that is.

This
It also keeps showing you footsoldiers die in agony and burn alive just because of shitty decisions of the higherups.

>Pretty interesting that it actually has an official number. Most series don't have that luxury. Like I said above in Ideon two entire races are completely destroyed and probably several others in the final explosion but there's no way to know exactly how many that is.

Bokurano was very generous by giving hard numbers.

10 billion people died everytime a universe was destroyed. So we can derive 32,800 universes were destroyed with basic math.

I don't think Ideon or even Big Bat matches that.

Well, the potential of a loop means the number would be infinite, so giving an actual number puts it below infinity.

And that's only counting human life and not aliens or animals, which would increase the number a lot

true.

we can say bokurano has the highest RECORDED death count though

he just really really wanted to fight Yang Wenli. Can you blame him? He made a joke out of their entire military

Probably yeah. The ways to surpass it would be infinite loop, or ludicrously huge universe, like wiping out the population of the Galactic Empire in star wars, though I have no idea if there's a series out there that did that.

Doesn't count, the infinite loop destroys the same life, we should probably only be talking about unique life in a discussion like this

If I kill you 10 times, thats pretty dumb to say. I just killed you once. If I killed you in 10 different timelines, then you can say I killed 10 different people.

I thought about that as a way of discounting infinite loops, because a story that kills even one person during its runtime but then loops back on itself would technically kill 'infinite' people. So If we do that rule which I'd be fine with then the way around it would be to have some show with infinite parallel universes that collapse down or something.

Oh please there's like 4 chuuni series where their fights blow up infinite universes or some garbage like that.
Dragonball Super is such a load of garbage with no stakes and no tension filled with jobbers. People just watch it to see Goku get big boy form over and over again. The only thing that could make it better for you fucks is if they attached letter grades to every character or something

Ideon and Bokurano