Code Geass 2nd film NEW info

Suzaku was the MC all along
source: logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/animovie/1514146272/

List of changes that someone translated from reddit.

1) About the movie:

>The film is primarily focused on Suzaku's perspective.

>It begins after Suzaku became Euphemia's knight in S1 and ends in or around R2 ep 17.

>New scenes involving Gawain in action, which in this version of the story had been apparently taken by India off-screen.

>Instead of the scene where we first see Gawain, it is Mordred that shows up in Shikine Island. >The events on the isle take up less time and they don't go to the Kamine Island later.

>Euphemia fate is unchanged, overall, though there are bits of new footage in the sequence. >Suzaku's anger is shown in even more detail.

>New scenes showing the failure of the Black Rebellion, including how Kaguya and Kallen reacted.

>Nina doesn't try to blow up the school in Ganymede.

>We apparently learn Rolo's real name during a new scene between him and Suzaku that references the last scene of Akito (for those who didn't watch Akito, it was a brief epilogue of Rolo picking Lelouch and Suzaku) .

>A new scene where Nunnally gets to talk to Charles.

>Massive cuts to the first half of R2, including the China arc (One Million Zeroes is also cut) and most of the school scenes. We don't see Lelouch getting his memories back nor his recruiting Rolo, nor does Suzaku go back to the school for a bit.

1/2

2/2

>Kallen is captured off-screen, doesn't talk to Nunnally and Suzaku.

>The pacing goes into overdrive during the second half of the movie, but it is also where much of the new content is concentrated.

>Compared to the first compilation movie, there is about twice as much new footage (around 10 minutes or so?) and a lot of changed dialogue.

>At some point there is another new scene of Shirley trying to chase Lelouch and running into the Black Knights for a bit.

>Shirley was not killed by Rolo and remains alive.

>In fact, there is apparently a new scene between her and Orange/Jeremiah where she's told to keep herself out of trouble after the Geass Canceller is activated (this would be the Emperor's Geass on the Ashford students being cancelled, not Lelouch's on Shirley).

>This also means Lelouch's motivation for attacking the Geass Order isn't revenge for Shirley. More about ending the experiments on people like Jeremiah.

>The initial confrontation with the Emperor (R2 ep 15) isn't changed much.

2) Miscellaneous information:

>The third movie will be focused on Emperor Lelouch.

>Taniguchi said the general direction of these movies remains the same, but that some character intentions and relationships will change.

>One of the producers said that the Resurrection is not too far away. No date was given.

>>Nina doesn't try to blow up the school in Ganymede.
Amazing how she's still a cunt if you cut the time she tried to suicide bomb a school with a nuke over a chick she met once being killed for massacering civilians.

Also bit worried how between this and the first one it seems CC/Lulu is getting downplayed with their arguably romantic scenes being cut.

>Shirley lives

What the fuck? Her arc was one of the few good things in R2, why ruin it?

>Shirley lives
What

There's also a real possibility the new season will follow the film timeline instead of the series.

shirley you can't be serious

Seems like they're going to focus all the new shit on his emperor days which is exactly what I always wanted

>Much of the series was retconned

Are they saying we have to watch these films to understand R3?

I wish I could be more excited but it sounds like the films do nothing to fix the worst parts of R2 and just have them offscreen.

Time to find out if he was actually a monster or if the dindu lulu fans get their wish and he just used his geass and imperial powers to make people think he'd done more than he actually had.

>Tfw no Schenizel and Lelouch coalition

Just how well liked was Charles as emperor?

3rd film opens on May 26. So we might get R3 at the end of this year, possibly.

Fall maybe? I don't know if I trust Sunrise to do this shit on-schedule.

The site has people speculating Shirley is gonna die in a FLEIJA blast.

Apparently Lulu trying to Kill Rolo is a mess now as well since it comes across like him hating him for trying to be Nunally more than anything too.

Oh and they also seem to think Lulu died at the end of R2 and the Caretaker of Spacetime from Akito is going to revive him rather than him having unknowingly gained a Code.

Really wish they wouldn't bring Akito into this.

>Euphie still dies
>Shirley lives
Why?

Yeah I think Shirley's death is inevitable, even if it wasn't Rolo who did it. But I think the consequence of that is like you said Lulu has a much less convincing conviction to kill Rolo, subsequently his (Rolo's) death/arc is kind of ruined as well.

Really wish people would stop pretending that Akito is the worst thing to happen in this franchise when R2 was worse.

So you're saying you don't want gypsy hijinks?

Oh and I guess for the shipfags:
>C.C is still going strong even without her early scenes in the remembrance/china arcs
>Shirley seems to be still the girl Lulu would pick the if not for circumstances preventing it
>Kallen has gotten shafted pretty hard so unless the third film really plays up her last kiss and loyalty to him it looks like she's getting downplayed for R3 as a love interest
As a Millyfag I am trying to parse their comments as naturally as possible but I will say I pull for Kallen and Shirley after her instead of C.C.

I also wish the movies weren't seeming like a reboot but we can't have nice things, apparently.

>R2 was worse
R2 was fun though.

Rolo is just a shit character in general and they seemingly can't get rid of him. I'll say Shirley dying to the nuke would work since it'll show that Lelouch's actions still got her killed and so we can avoid that shitty Nunally copout.

R2 was an entertaining but poorly written mess that barely scraped by by giving Shirley/Lulu/Kallen/C.C./Suzaku solid endings to their arcs despite ruining most of the rest of the cast.

Akito was just bad and boring. It had less low lows but traded that for not having a single high besides teasing that the Lulu/Suzaku subplot MIGHT get interesting even though it never did.

At least unlike Akito R2 redeemed itself with the ending.

>Shirley/Lulu/Kallen/C.C./Suzaku solid endings to their arcs
Literally only Lelouch and Suzaku did. CC and Kallen got shafted and Shirleys death was just shock value.

>Shirleys death was just shock value.
It was necessary for lelouch's convictions though

> CC/Lulu is getting downplayed with their arguably romantic scenes being cut.
But it didn't? Their only important scene that gets cut in here is when she kissed him to upload his memory. Even the scenes with amnesiac CC are present.

What? All her death did was make him do stupid shit like lose his order.

I AM SO PISSED!

>I-I-I-Its fun
Yeah maybe while it was airing but rewatching it made me realize how unwatchable and irrelevant a lot of it is until Turn 15 which these new movies seems to be fixing.

Gonna have to strongly disagree. C.C. almost got shafted with the retarded amnesia plotline but I thought how they handled her towards the end and gave her a renewed vigour for life was pretty good. They could have done way better but it was ultimately satisfying to me.

Kallen got to be the only Black Knight who wasn't a shitter and managed to get closure with Lulu. While her chuminess with Ohgi and co. is weird given what she knows and what they did it's not enough to ruin it for me.

Shirley's death was pretty damn well done and my only major complaint is it wasn't used well enough in Lulu's arc once Rolo died off. It was definitely a shock value development but I think it worked out well.

>This also means Lelouch's motivation for attacking the Geass Order isn't revenge for Shirley. More about ending the experiments on people like Jeremiah.

This sounds really dumb. Lelouch isn't the type of guy who would attack the geass order just to stop them from doing inhumane experiments that don't even involve him, attacking for personal revenge fits him way more.

Re-read my comment and you'll see I agree R2 has trash writing for the most part.

Nah I could see Lulu getting wildly disgusted by their human experiments and wanting to end them.

But yeah, that wouldn't motivate him to making assaulting and exterminating them a priority the way it was in R2. It needs more of a personal edge, and I can't see Jeremiah giving it one given how weak Lulu's care is for him and the fact he voluntarily went through his enhancements.

i can't wait for more lelouch, i hope these films get subbed

so wait does that mean we have to watch these movies instead of the two seasons to get into r3?

All of this sounds awful as fuck

God I hope R3 follows the TV series and not this shit

>but I thought how they handled her towards the end and gave her a renewed vigour for life was pretty good.
But she doesn't do anything. She just sits to the side and watches the spectacle because she has nothing to do after Turn 15 other than info dump

>Kallen got to be the only Black Knight who wasn't a shitter and managed to get closure with Lulu.
Which doesn't do shit for her character and doesn't amount to anything other than to applease shipperfags. She's entirely worthless in R2.
>Shirley's death was pretty damn well done
The circumstances to her death is stupid and contrived that it undoes the impact her actual death would have done. She's pretty much the woobie of the show where its just a series of misfortune that follows her and I'm really glad that Taniguichi realized how poorly she was treated in the TV series to acpid wiping her memory three fucking times in order to move the plot forward.

I like that it also put the Order on edge after the extermination as everyone involved was either controlled or were told to keep silent so everyone had no idea wtf lelouch was thinking taking an army to do whatever the fuck all and it being a massacre

desu shirleys death was also rather powerful so I am annoyed they removed it

As long as R3 shows that Lelouch obtained the code I'm fine with the changes.

Shirley's death in R2 was very important to Lelouch's character.

- Since Rolo was the perpetrator, Lelouch became convinced to destroy the Geass Order so that this tragedy can never happen again.

- Shirley's death taught Lelouch to never fall in love again, as he blamed himself for getting involved with her. He decides to always keep his distance so that he will never suffer the pain of losing loved ones again.

- Ultimately Lelouch had to witness Rolo change his character. By seeing that Rolo can change, Lelouch is convinced that the rest of the world can change too. His idea for Zero Requiem started in large part from what he experienced from Rolo's noble sacrifice.

Man I missed reading about these kinda overanalyzing posts.

Lelouch just wanted to fix his mess, that was all.

why was it a mess to him

THEY DID IT, THEY MAKED A BIGGER SHIT THAN THE ORIGINAL
the series at least was interesting and epic, not like this shit

>Suzaku pow
Sucks
>Euphy died
Well expected
>Shirley didn't die
Good but still scared
>The rolo conflict is superficial now
Well sucks
>CC amnesia still in
Fuck this sucks indeed
>Kallen shafted hard
Well that's good

did the first movie release yet?

well, yeah. there weren't many new scenes.

Explain. Are the movies the new canon or did they just skip scenes? Since it's from Suzaku's POV, skipping Shirley's death is understandable.

nobody knows since everybody expected just small changes instead of rewriting the entire series

who knows maybe the 3rd movie ends with Lelouch just faking death instead of dying

You mean Kallen/Shirley, CC got everything

Fujos must be insane about this Rollo/Lulu change

I can picture the emperor saying this while laughing, God.

Kallen will shine in the next movie. Mark my words.

>Shirley lives
The fuck?

>Oh and they also seem to think Lulu died at the end of R2 and the Caretaker of Spacetime from Akito is going to revive him rather than him having unknowingly gained a Code.
If they do this I'm going to be fucking furious.

None of this bodes well.

>The site has people speculating Shirley is gonna die in a FLEIJA blast
The butthurt is gonna be massive if/when she doesn't die at all.

Now I have a reason to watch the films.

What the fuck are they doing?

No one wants Shirley back. IT WAS JUST A MEME, ROLO DID NOTHING WRONG

>Oh and they also seem to think Lulu died at the end of R2 and the Caretaker of Spacetime from Akito is going to revive him rather than him having unknowingly gained a Code.
Biased denialfags. There are literally only two comments on that board that mention this. The previous board had people talked about Lulu being immortal too you faggot. In the end both are only possibilities and they discussed it as such, nips are more openminded than you fuckers.

If Shirley dies to Fleja that means it's Suzaku that kills her.

They're changing too much. At this point we'll have 2 separate versions, TV and Movies, just like Zeta Gundam.

>If Shirley dies to Fleja
Not happening. That's just what purists and shippers hope for.

Come one, I love Shirley but her death was good to the overall feeling of the series.

>Emperor Lelouch.

My dick is ready.

I always wanted more focus on Suzaku, but not like this.
Not like this.

>more Suzaku focus
>no Kallen focus
I am pleased.

From /m/

At the island, Avalon's deck opens to reveal Mordred which fires at Zero and Suzaku. Anya has some banter with Schneizel here.

Suzaku runs off on his own due to live geass, and Karen rescues Zero. None of the remaining shit on the island happens after they're shot at (once again Zero doesn't meet Euphemia).

The Gawain is captured from somewhere else off-screen by other people and brought to Lakshata.

The stuff with China invading and Zero and Suzaku teaming up is completely cut.

Euphemia meets Lelouch/Zero for the first time at the school fair. Other stuff about her is unchanged.

During the Black Rebellion, Karen revealing herself has Shirley figure that Lelouch is a member of the Black Knights (she doesn't know that he's Zero, and the stuff with her father and Mao were cut in the previous film; It was also Diethard and not her who shot Viletta).

Nina never gets the nuke working and doesn't come out with the Ganimede at all, she just cries in the garage.

Because they cut most of the school stuff and a lot of interactions the bit with Suzaku revealing Lelouch's identitity in front of Karen results in both Suzaku and Karen's reactions being a bit over the top.

Everything from there on till the V.V. fight is mostly a digest seen from Suzaku/Britannia's POV. They immediately show him subduing Lelouch and bringing him to Wakamoto, and there are new scenes of him meeting the other knights, and meeting Viletta and Lolo before they're sent to Japan. They skipped over all the stuff with Suzaku and Lelouch from Akito too and Suzaku seemingly already knew Lolo as "Nebulos".

The majority of early R2 is almost completely cut, mostly relegated to Suzaku seeing reports of Zero doing something and Lelouch seemingly being in Japan and going "IS ZERO LELOUCH OR NOT!?". The Guren Kashoushiki never even appears, and is only mentioned once when Suzaku hears a report that the Kashoushiki and its pilot were captured.

When VV sends Jeremiah after Lelouch he still uses the geass canceller on Shirley which cancels Wakamoto's geass (this only means she realises that Lelouch is probably a black knight member) but there's a new scene where he goes up to her and tells her to stay away from all this stupid geass shit because it'll get her killed and make "those two" (Lelouch and Nunally) sad.

Everything with Jeremiah confronting Lelouch is cut and replaced with a scene of VV saying that he totally knew that Jeremiah would betray him and this is part of his plan to find CC.

There are new scenes of Suzaku doubting Wakamoto and VV. He's also suspicious of Lelouch and eventually heads over himself. When he meets Sayako Lelouch he does the collar thing from season 1 and realises that she's an impostor and they fight a bit before Sayoko runs off. He then heads down and finds that all the Britannian staff were geassed, but refrains from reporting this because he doesn't know what will happen to Nunally if Wakamoto has no use for her.

The stuff with VV and Lelouch confronting Wakamoto happens the same. Movie ends with the Wakamoto hijacking the super united states' announcement that they'll take back Japan, and Lelouch breaking down and calling Suzaku for help with Nunally.

Post credits is just Lelouch and Suzaku standing in front of the throne.

Oh and the Shenhu and that ugly piece of shit the Tristan never appear either.

Because Gawain's stuff at the island and alongside the Lancelot are cut the Euphie thing and Black Rebellion are the only times it's used.

Shinkirou just shows up out of nowhere when they attack the geass research facility.

The retarded shit with Lelouch talking to VV with a fake background was cut too.

Oh gee that sounds like a mess. I'd like to see the movies myself, but there probably are no rips available.

Shame about Gawain but no Shenhu is fucking great. China was the worst part about the series.

>If Shirley dies to Fleja that means it's Suzaku that kills her.
What does that have to do with anything? Lelouch still blamed himself for Shirley's death despite Rolo doing it

Rolo is a shit faggot, and I don't want him to be "redeemed."

Rolo literally did nothing wrong.

>Lelouch still blamed himself for Shirley's death despite Rolo doing it
That's because Rolo kills her because she knew Lelouch was Zero (if I remember correctly). In any case, Lelouch has solid grounds to feel responsible back then.

Suzaku became the new Kallen at the end of r2
but in movie 3, Kallen will become the new Suzaku and reclaim her place

>Kallen
literally who

>Suzaku became the new Kallen at the end of r2
But Suzaku was always relevant

The girl who got Lelouch's final kiss.

not ringing any bells here.

>Lelouch's first MUTUAL kiss (yeah culpability doesn't count)

fixed

>Lelouch's first MUTUAL kiss

Did Lelouch ever kiss Shirley? Can't remember.

Yes, out of pity, as she said so herself. Might have get some real kiss later had she survived.

>as she said so herself
>implying she can read his mind or something

>Shirley resurrected
For what purpose? Just to have her killed again in S3?

So she can kiss Lelouch and die in his arms in movie 3

your tears are delicious

>shirley lives
called it, someone post my screenshot

They said that you won't understand the new series if you didn't watch these compilation, so I guess it is to be consider as new canon

>Shirley brought back
>Gets killed in the new series
How funny would that be?

Come on son, i think we'd remember such a character.

So they needed a new canon for the new serie. Shirley lives !!

almost as funny as the collective butthurt from purists and shippers who can't stand she's alive

Well I am a purist and a shipper and I'd be glad to see her alive, at least that would give us something interesting to look forward in S3 since I can't see lelouch get once again devellopment, and am deeply annoyed by this reboot.

Kinda a good thing that they decided on a girl after all those years.
They should have done it in the finale of s2 though

>The retarded shit with Lelouch talking to VV with a fake background was cut too.
This was funny though

>They should have done it when Lelouch was dead

Why rock the boat if they are just going to kill him afterwords?

To end the waifu war. Even if he was dead (I'm for the survived club though) they could at least put an end to the Lelouch's true waifu discuss.

>>Kallen has gotten shafted pretty hard so unless the third film really plays up her last kiss and loyalty to him it looks like she's getting downplayed for R3 as a love interest
Well they had to do that since it'll be revealed in R3 that Lelouch has been fucking CC's pizza butt for years.

But why piss off shippers if Lelouch isn't going to end up with anyone in the end?