3x3 thread

rate, hate & debate

Other urls found in this thread:

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php
vgy.me/mhbfns.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You need to turn down on the blood and violence.

1.5/3
I need to fix my 3x3 to make it look better
1/10 made me reply

>lain posted
thread ruined, don't bother posting

>no new IPs

5/6
1/1

7/7

3/4

Edgelord faggot/10

>HAHA LOOK MY TASTE IN ANIME IS EXCELLENT
nobody give a fuck what your taste is

Don't bother. These threads will always be there because some people need validation.

Good.
Mediocre.
Very good.
Hoshi no Koe and Wolf Children are some of my least favorite anime of all time.
Gross.

3/3
3/4
4/4

How anyone can like Revolutionary Girl Utena is beyond me. There isn't enough material to work with when it comes to analysing, since everything is open to interpretation too much. There's also a lot of scenes that are reused, to the point that it becomes baffling. Tatami Galaxy did a similar thing, but in moderation, plus it's a shorter anime, and it managed to incorporate the reusage into the story really well. I'm struggling through Utena, I've got 9 episodes left, and I can't wait to get it over with.

6/8
1/1
2/4 anime, 6/6 manga
1.5/3
2/4
2/2 shows, 2/2 OVAs, 3/3 Movies

I gotta make one of these

I'd probably go with Eva, initial D, Gundam 00, the Original Dragon Ball, and I gotta think the rest

ideon sucks

Hello friends

4/7
4/6 +++ for Azumanga Daioh
4/6 anime
5/7 manga ++ for Yotsubato
3/4 anime
2/3 manga
5/6
3/9
7/9 would share a bi-ru with

5/5
3/3
9/9
4/4
15/15

Ok so how do I make these?

bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

4/4
3/3
Really tired of rating this one.
5/5
5/5
2/3
3/4
4/4
4/4

What's the top left show?

Okay.
Decent.
Bad.
Mostly good.
Not good.
Not good.
Not good.
Pretty good.
Not good.
Okay.

I only see Paranoia Agent in the middle and ignore the rest for the better.

6/6
3/3
4/4
Your taste wasn't exactly terrible but then you put in the rebuilds so pandering/9
6/6
5/6

What's bottom right, mid left, mid right and top left?

Always nice to see Shigurui.
-0.5 KlK
7.5/8

8/8

7/7 anime
The Gunslinger manga is kinda meh past where the first season stopped honestly.
-0.5 Gunslinger 7.5/8

-1 Here and There Now and Shit
-0.5 Gunbuster
-0.5 C;G
7/9

8/8

-1 S;G
-1 PP
-1 F;Z
6/9
BnH is meeeeh

9/9

9/9

9/9

-0.5 Gunbuster
7.5/8

6/6

-1 Tanuki shit
-1 Kaiba
7/9

-0.5 KlK
-1 S;G
-1 PP
6.5/9

8/8

>still has Little Prince
>Bojack
>Left 4 Dead
never gonna make it

I want to be a horny stardust

>code geass
wow

what a terrible taste in video games.

Beautifully crafted mosaic! How long did it take you to put together? I'm imagining 20 hours at the minimum.

it's always fucking Paranoia Agent

>>code geass
>wow
Mostly because of the last 5 minutes though, it got me good there. I fully acknowledge that the rest of the show is not up to par most of the time.

I like the theme, I like more edgy sci fi than swordplay however
lain a cute
I gotta watch more space stuff
I really wanted to like Now and Then, Here and There more than I did
damn good list

it's fun asspulls and non-cgi mechs
R3 will be absolute trash

6/9
Manga 5/7, Anime 6/9, Animovie 6/9
Tree Grows in Brooklyn is way more objectionable, but at least he has Middlemarch
2/9
6/9
Manga 2/6; thanks for putting the titles
5/7
3/8 if that's Rebuild
5/9
4/9

Sounds like it really went over your head.

Do you really liked cardiac ping pong girls that much?

The quintessential 3x3 of a kissless virgin

yes

Why?

Sweaty middleschoolers and ping pong are the perfect combination.

GochiUsa might be the most overrated show in the history of anime.

How about you explain it to me?

Not him, but that's literally one of the best that gets posted. Get some taste.

What kind of question is that? You just like some things better than other.

Sorry about your low IQ.

>le IQ maymay

>not him but
Come on user

Woah

3/8
4/7
4.5/8
7/9 fuck the plus cover, they are in the desert for like 2 minutes of the whole thing
2/8
ova: 5.5/8 ++boxer, hospital, ae
mov: 3.5/6 ++loveuso, rose
tv: 5/9 ++demonhunter, guymelef, actors
A PINK SPACE SUIT
5.5/9
3.5/8
3.5/8
1/2
5/8
mushishi, ???, uchouten
now thats one shitty printer. where are the lines on the flcl one? guess still got enough magenta
3.5/6 and 5.5/8
have you watched the orguss tv show? its visually less impressive but honestly way better than the arguably bland ova. i have no idea why its received so badly. maybe people try to immitate the princes behavior and are only pretending to be retarded.

botton right is mushi-shi

>???
You haven't seen dennou coil?

only watched the first third and its been on hold ever since. same thing with last exile. twelve kingdoms has been sitting at 38/45 for so long i cant even remember when i started it.

That's how it went for me. Got to episode 12 and then waited about a year to finish it. The second half was pretty good if a little too dramatic at times, but watching young girls cry is pretty nice in its own right.

3/3

>7/9 fuck the plus cover, they are in the desert for like 2 minutes of the whole thing
I find it very evocative, even though the CGI tiles look a bit dated.

5/7

>2199
Yikes, shit taste confirmed.

Worst I've ever seen posted, congrats.

>Manga 5/7, Anime 6/9, Animovie 6/9
Which didn't you like?

you must hate the original usy quite a bit considering how much you dislike the vastly superior reinterpretation

4/4
4/5
3/4

2/2

I should probably update this grid to a 4x4 if I could.

Don't worry, no one is interested in seeing that.

The original is beautiful. It has great character designs and visual direction. The music and effects work is timeless. Some of the keyframing and colour palettes in the original are easily among the best in the medium. As expected from Noburo Ishiguro.

2199 is a CGI filled shitfest, with bland digital color palettes, "super serious" re-imaginings of the characters which miss all the charm of the original work, and lack any sense of coherent visual language. The character designs go from Matsumoto's classic iconic style to generic anime characters in Yamato facepaint.

Don't bother, your taste is really shitty.

>Tekkonkinkreet
Not anime, and the manga is better.

>not anime
Idiot

>doesn't know what anime means

>fist of the north star, akira
another bland run of the mi-
>paranoia agent
oh nvm, great tastes OP

I think you got that backwards, newfag.

Wow, sure convinced me with pseudo-samefagging like that

>assigning a definition to a fake word
It's a fucking japanese movie.

wait, are you the same retard whos currently arguing this in the pre2000s thread?

made by a japanese studio, hence anime. directors place of birth is irrelevant.
it certainly doest mean that it was directed by a japanese person.

nope, paranoia agent beats out both clear as day.

6/8
8/9
7/8
6/6

You all unironically have shit tastes desu

Especially and >inb4 show your 3x3
Not autistic enough to make a collage of chinese cartoons to get online approval so I can feel good about my tastes.

>wait, are you the same retard whos currently arguing this in the pre2000s thread?
No.

Do you really think only one person likes the classic original better than the remake?

>It's a fucking japanese movie.
So Seven Samurai is an anime?
>made by a japanese studio, hence anime. directors place of birth is irrelevant.
By this logic, stop-motion Rankin Bass Christmas specials like Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman are all anime because they were animated by Toei.

Yes I did. Very fun show, I liked everything about it besides the ED.

>the arguably bland ova
Come on, this beautiful craziness of unnecessary sequel was anything but bland.

5/7
Not a huge fan of KLK

4/5

7/7
very cute 3x3, user

6/6
shiki is CUTE!

6/6

4/7
1/4
2/9
3/6
3/3 manga, 8/8 western comics great taste
5/5

no, but he sounds exactly like the person who is in that thread right now which is why i asked. he even structured his post in the exact same manner.

i cant be bothered to have this pointless debate in multiple threads. what this essentially boils down to is that nothing you say has much weight.
>The original is beautiful. It has great character designs and visual direction. The music and effects work is timeless
this for example is nothing but filler. theres not an ounce of substance to it. its just your personal opinion.
>Some of the keyframing and colour palettes in the original are easily among the best in the medium
moving on to this. neither the linework, framing nor shot composition of USY are anything worth note by modern standards. the techniques are very simplistic and can be found in run of the mill shonen shows. as for the color palette: thats ultimately just your opinion (again).
>"super serious" re-imaginings
yeah pic related really was a very serious sequence vgy.me/mhbfns.png
>and lack any sense of coherent visual language
plain wrong. then again, you also think that the original makes use of unique framing techniques and shot compositions so i am not surprised.
>The character designs go from Matsumoto's classic iconic style to generic anime characters in Yamato facepaint
not sure by what standard pic related looks generic but i mean, its not like the designs of USY are particularly unique for their time. the only reason you think so is because the amount of available content was heavily limited. becomes kinda hard to make something truly unique when 250 anime are being released on an annual basis.

So far you haven't offered any arguments other than "I disagree."
Not going to bother replying to most of this trash.
>you also think that the original makes use of unique framing techniques and shot compositions
All anime does, retard.

I get it, you are impressed by CGI battleships and washed out digital coloring. You think emasculating characters adds realism. Cool, just don't expect your opinion to be taken very seriously.

>Flip Flappers
Automatic 10/10

>All anime does, retard.
all anime make us of unique techniques? how many techniques are there by now? a couple billion?

Should have clipped that for just shot composition. I quoted that poorly.

nothing about USY shot compositions is uinque, though. ill just copy what i wrote in the other thread
>rule of thirds, frame within a frame or outer framing, compositional triangles or general line consistency to assure that the viewer is looking at an event from a certain angle are very basic techniques that can be found in almost every single run of the mill show. why dont you provide some examples of truly outstanding shot compositions that carry a lot more information than is initially apparent?
>because none of these qualify

to clarify: i dont think that the show looks bad by any means. in fact, i think that it looks incredible for its time.

Those are merely elements of some compositions, not compositions.

well yeah, obviously. the composed shot consist of a bunch of parts. i dont really get what youre even trying to say at this point. i didnt claim that line consistency or proper framing were compositions, but that they are (to a certain extent) expected to be present. most other aspects are a bit too subjective for my taste. cant really pinpoint simplicity all that well.

5/8
4/5
6/9
9/9 WOOOOOO, first one I have seen.