Why is this selling so badly? We finally get a mecha anime without fujoshits, why aren't you supporting it...

Why is this selling so badly? We finally get a mecha anime without fujoshits, why aren't you supporting it? Do you want SJW to win with their YoIshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWtXKoKIQuE
youtube.com/watch?v=jCg-tHWHFV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This has 24 episodes. That's more than enough to tell the entire story and have a fulfilling conclusion.

Shitty Evangelion BUTT with BUTTS dude oWo

Pink Asuka is qt tho

>why is this selling so badly

I don't really care if it is or if it's not

Why do people keep comparing 02 to Asuka when they are like, complete opposites?

>why aren't you supporting it?
Because I dislike mecha.

SJWs had nothing to do with the success of YoI.

>implying there’s not gonna be fujoshit in franxx

You answer to this yourself, women are the main audience for mecha these days and no one want to see your boring ass straigth shit.

>why aren't you supporting it?
Because I dropped it after the second episode.

It’s selling well. Out doing triggers last original.

In addition we don’t account for dirt they make 95% of all their money in nipland and its doing very well over there.

This is really weak bait, sage

But red

>DUDE USING SEXUALITY "IRONICALLY" IN THE CONTEXT OF BOYS ENTERTAINMENT LMAO

Trigger is trying to pull the same shit over and over again. No wonder it doesn't sell.

YoI is better though

>Japan
>Caring about SJW rhetoric

And even if foreigners would matter for BD sales (which foreigners don't and shouldn't care about, since they prefer to stream), there is no obligation to financially support this show any further anymore.

>DUDE LMAO

Did this kind of obnoxious, ironic style of posting start on Reddit or something. Because it certainly didn't start here. Either way stop doing that, it's not clever.

Great shows aren't northern highlanders. There can be more than one at the same time.

It's the influence of the radical left for the past decade. It's surfacing through all the SJWs and Tumblrinas that guillotined their own genitals and want others to do the same. You would've never seen this shit pre 2010.

I like this show too, but come on, you know that if you want a mecha show to hit big nowadays you need to fill it with fujoshit pandering. You can even keep the heterosexual coupling, but homolust is a key factor to success.

Why are you so mad?

It's 2-cour, and anime original too, you idiot. People aren't preordering this early into the season unless the first few episodes are outstanding or it's an adaptation with an established fanbase. So far, DITF has been gotten better with every new episode, but the verdict is still out on whether it's a good anime or not, so people are postponing their decision on whether to buy it or not.

Because he's a speedwatcher or has probably not watched DITF at all.

002 is nothing like Asuka.

Good. Fuck otakus and virgins with their creepy otaku shit. Finally anime will go back being enjoyable for everyone. You guys ruined anime with your harem shit for years.

Nobody in the West cares if there's enough nipponjins buying Darlifra-stuff which would then perhaps convince sponsors to finance another sequel to Darling in the Franxx.
The only thing that matters is that this has 24 episodes that will be mostly enjoyable enough.

If some nipponjins actually want to go even further by buying music cds and videograms and manga, then so be it.

It gives me serious guilty crown vibes and I fucking despise guilty crown.

It's not about the personality, it's about her role in the story.
She is the Asuka to Hiro's Shinji. She's beautiful, outspoken, accomplished, seemingly perfect on the surface, but hides a dark deep secret, AND her job is to awaken the MC's potential through inspiration. It IS a ripoff, whether you like it or not. They just manage to fool the dumbest of people out there, and apparently you are one of them.

What?

Why should I care if the bottom of the barrel of japanese society buy the BRs of this or not? Serious question.

There is also the fact the mecha genre is dying and only seems to get good sells if the label of "Gundam" is attached to them. The show fan-service early on with ep 2 threw people off as well. If by at least ep 8 nothing really seems to change for this show I can see it easily becoming a flopped.

> AND her job is to awaken the MC's potential through inspiration
What the hell are you smoking? Are you sure you have actually watched Evangelion? Look in the mirror first before calling someone else dumb.

Oh sorry, did your brain forget that at the beginning of Eva when Shinji first meets Asuka she seems like the most perfect pilot to him? Something that he deep down inspired to be?

Its a huge hit on foreign streaming sites and that also counts. If it doesnt sell in japland that just means its propably neither boring CGDCT or incest shit so thats actually a indicator for quality.

Is it selling badly? Not like I care though.

Things that never happened: the post.
Shinji himself wasn't all impressed.

Hiro isn't "a Shinji" either, brainlet.

Here you go, enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWtXKoKIQuE

haremshit

>SJW
go back

Being mad about YOI’s success wont make the show sell, OP.

I agreed with you, until you posted that fucking inbred.

>Why is this selling so badly?
It isn't, you're just an assblasted VEGfag.

Really dont care about the dude except for the fact that he nailed Asuka's influence on Shinji.

But it isn't?

I hope you're not still stuck in this mindset that BD/DVD sales are an universal measure to indicate a show's success.

Look at the show's production committee and determine which streams of income hold which weight. Video distribution is not really one of the hard hitters.

>here's the e-celebrity I get my opinions from

Good, shows garbage, deserves to flop

>cares about sales more than his own enjoyment.

This is about Asuka's effect on Evangelion's tone as a whole, not on Shinji himself.
While it's true that getting the polar opposite of Rei allowed Shinji to interact in different ways to how the show was going she wasn't ever some mentor character, as much as she would've liked to be one. You could be right if you had stopped at Asuka wanting to be the cool mentor character instead of describing her as one. I mean we all know how that ended.

Really makes you think
youtube.com/watch?v=jCg-tHWHFV0

Because chances of S2 increase exponentially if it sells.

>Why is this selling so badly? We finally get a mecha anime without fujoshits, why aren't you supporting it? Do you want SJW to win with their YoIshit?

Needs lesbian protagonists to counter gay protagonists of Yuri on Ice

I thought that much is understood universally.

But this is a two cour show and also passion project of gainax employees, it won't need a s2.

I doubt the series was designed with season 2 in mind.

>women make 50% of this planet human population
>why are there women in my anime board
>why are women watching my chinese cartoons

It's selling fine though and has tons of episodes left to either raise it's sales or tank them.

I agree with this, but not all women are inbred retards like tumblerinas are.

The reason it's selling bad is because they don't have an advertising budget because netflix said they would take care of it. This will likely be one of the better profiting of their shows because the netflix money is in the several millions

Tried that with cross ange, it was on the verge of going down in history as one of the biggest pieces of shit ever created.
Creepy loser who directed and produced it brought in a male vilain and stunt cock to keep it from bombing hard as fuck.

Heck, if this gets a season 2, it would probably be some insufferable repeat of the entire drama. Stuff like this works fine once, but doing it again just puts people off.

That's cause Fukuda knows damn well how to get that dosh.

>Tried that with cross ange, it was on the verge of going down in history as one of the biggest pieces of shit ever created.
>Creepy loser who directed and produced it brought in a male vilain and stunt cock to keep it from bombing hard as fuck.

That's a whole a lot of assumptions

Or a better idea is follow Yuri on Ice's playbook with a female sports show. That SHOULDN'T be hard and the anime producers who makes stuff for male otaku needs to respond to Yuri On Ice's popularity hard

>Cross Ange
>bad
Actually that’s incorrect.

Fukuda had very little to do with what made that trash heap sell to be honest.
If he did, then he'd have been able to make something good since then.

It seems a little too teen drama-y for my taste personally.
I might just be getting old

>SJW

Christ, how is this thread still alive?

Hiro isn't similar to Shinji either.
>She's beautiful, outspoken, accomplished, seemingly perfect on the surface, but hides a dark deep secret
Everyone in-universe (except Hiro) hates her. Parasites who have fought "alongside" her hate her so much and are so scared they want to refuse getting near her again. She's harsh, cold, callous, marginalized, discriminated against and has no sympathy for the people who fight just like she does.

Female sports is boring and shit in real life, and the animated version of it are also boring and shit. Also, male anime fans get lots of animated shows about sports with cute girls anyway. Like for example that Ping Pong stuff, or girls bicycling (even had two shows of that just recently), girls riding bikes (also two times), girls diving, girls playing card games, plus other girls doing some activity shit.

There are no assumptions.
That's me watching the show closely, the flow of the geeks, the projected sales, and understanding the mind of the dumbass who created it.

>follow Yuri on Ice's playbook with a female sports show

They are called idol shows.
And they do very very well.

The creators of yuri on ice copied both free and the idol series and threw in a fist full of never fail fujo bait characters and situations in there.

If they tried to do the same with women in a sports thing ...it would bomb and bomb hard.

>Shit show
>Sellls badly
News at eleven.
The premise is interesting but the execution is fucking bland.
> OMG there is this hot chick that is also a star pilot and also she is weird like swimming around with a fish in her mouth haha *holds up spork* oh and also she instantly craves the MCs dick for no reason and snuggles around him haha THAT'S gonna fuck them all up am I right.
> oh also he like really wants to pilot a robot but can't because reasons even though he is a top pilot and his friend also wants his dick but they don't know what kisses are so they kiss haha.

Yeah real Oscar material right there. If anything this is a huge step back compared to eva's minduckery which is a pretty amazing feat when you think about it since anime had two decades to evolve. Instead we get this fanfiction tier bullshit.

YoI is nothing like Free, what the fuck. If anything it's pretty different from most sport anime since it features adults, which it's why it was an outline.

I like this show but fuck off retard crossboarder

Yeah, anime is not like videogames, the split was always pretty heaven. How do people think shit like utapri and Yoi sell?

Because it's boring as shit with a generic plot done multiple times already.

The character designs are good though.

>bait OP to get the haters and defenders in the thread
Masterfully done OP, enjoy your bump limit soon

I’m glad YOI sales triggers people this much because it’s really has nothing to do with this show.

Bonus points if the lesbian protag of the sports series they're in is a hot-blooded MC.

Every sports anime must from now on include a homosexual Swiss.

How could Darling in Franxxx compete with YOI? One of the songs from Yuri on Ice made it to the Olympics

I bet you enjoy VEG

It doesn’t compete. They don’t gave the same targeted demographic but OP just wants to be complain. I don’t care for either show but it was nice to see a fanservice show aimed at girls that’s not Free or UtaPri do well. A few shows do really well every few years and people think their Chinese cartoons are under attack.

>muh favorite anime isn't selling well
>REEEEEEEEE fujoshits

>I’m glad YOI sales triggers people this much because it’s really has nothing to do with this show.

Zero-sum game

Tit-for-tat and all that

B-but don't you get it? If a show made for guys doesn't outsell a show made for girls, then that means that all the guys who watch and like the show made for guys have been emasculated by proxy.
It doesn't matter if there's 5 or 6 times as many shows made for guys pandering to all kinds of fetishes for guys. A loss is a loss, and that means that all of male mankind is destroyed forever.

shut up retard

They're both bitches.

True but you’d have to be paranoid to link the two series together especially when 2016 is long over. Also Trigger has 2 more projects and one is bound to do well.

So much sooner than expected. 2018 and men are over. RIP in peace.

Nice argument