Wasn't this show supposed to be popular on Sup Forums?

Wasn't this show supposed to be popular on Sup Forums?
Yeah it was when the the first episode aired, but now the threads for it are slow as fuck
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oiANrSsAP-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When people said the first episode was shit and they wouldn't bother watching the show again, they actually meant it. They weren't pretending.

Going through jokes about references gets old fast. Especially when they show it to you twice in the same episode.

Too smart for Sup Forums.

>the threads are slow as fuck
>what went wrong?
I think you mean "what went right." The animeonlies went back to their shounen threads.

Because the show's actual content is only 12 minutes long, and they're already done talking about 12 minutes worth of content in the next few days.

Stop being so fucking gloomy.

It's a literal pleb filter.

Plebs got filtered and redirected to DarliFra threads.

It was troll bait. People were having fun hating it just to get a raise out of other anons even though they didn't care about the show at all. And people were defending it just to annoy the haters, even though they didn't care about it.

It's a piece of shit, though, and I don't know why I'd waste my 20 minutes on it when I can watch literally anything else.

Episode 5 VAs set the bar too high.

Slow threads are the only good ones when it comes to currently airing anime

Didnt the preorders went down?

Sup Forums is full of reddit refugees now. old Sup Forums would be all over this.

The first episode hurt my inner hipster, but i don't want to marry kyoanipeople.

It's a 12 minute joke show without cute girls to fantasize about or plot to misunderstand or write fanfics about, what did you expect?

I don't want to talk to Sup Forums about it. Sup Forums is for discussion, not shitposting.

Its a forced meme generator. Why would Sup Forums like it?

holy fuck two good posts in a row

Bump

It is an anime that caters to a very specific group of people who knows quite a lot about japanese net/folk culture. For example, the lesser panda skit was an adaptation of the 4koma with references to both Ganba's Adventures and Aggretsuko, with AC-bu animation, but to most people, it was just a poorly drawn joke that wasn't even funny.
It's the main reason why Gintama doesn't sell as well as other shounen in the west.

The anime is doing well in japan, the last time I saw it, it was doing better than anime like Darling in the Franxx, Devilman Crybaby, and Violet Evergarden.

>to most people, it was just a poorly drawn joke that wasn't even funny
It was like that even to a lot of people who got the joke.

Being serious, it can be pretty funny but this type of humor has been done better and more consistently elsewhere. Inferno Cop was also shit, but somewhere on the same level as this. If the top skits of each ep were the consistent quality throughout, it'd be pretty good actually. Watch jap movies and jap YT videos for better

I feel like there is no point anymore.
Newfags hate good anime like PTE and old Sup Forums is all but gone to the point of being drowned in idiotic opinions. I mean just look at this thread.

I just don't know what there is to talk about with PTE. It's a funny show, I like it a lot, but it doesn't exactly lend itself to deep discussion.

If your post has no content then why is it worth bumping the thread?

Anyways this show has nothing to discuss, its literally a 12 minute long shitpost.

All the faggots complaining about "new Sup Forums" not liking this are just buttmad retards with shit taste.

>It was like that even to a lot of people who got the joke.
No, you may have got the joke and not laughed, but a lot of people did, otherwise it wouldn't be the 3rd best ranked anime this season.

There isn't a plot where people can find loopholes and disagree on. Gag animes are like that, look at Cromatire for example, there isn't much to discuss about.

It's more about contrarianism and the (relatively) newfound disdain for the perceived "lol so random xdddd" humour than it is about reddit.

ey ey okotta

4koma anime suck, theyre generally dull and the humour doesnt translate well
possible exceptions when significant liberties are taken (keion) or it's a 5 minute show

why isn't anyone good translating this? Sentai and CR are both bad

I literally used to browse Sup Forums almost 10 years ago and stopped, but I came back for PTE. The only difference I feel is that there are much more people on Sup Forums that only watches anime and reads manga, but doesn't really know much more about japanese culture.

It's hard

Meme magic fizzled out, as expected of the japanese big bang theory.

>he says while continuing to push an unfunny meme

Are you implying that Sup Forums's knowledge about japanese culture was at any point in time anything but superficial horse shit used to stroke user's ego? I call bullshit.
Outliers do exist and they have my respect, but the general knowledge of japanese culture hasn't changed all THAT much.

This show makes fun of anime.
It is an insult to anime!

Are they girlfriends?

Oh sorry, I didn't mean they were majority, but it used to be more than now. Even the initial PTE threads were just people trying to get early on the memes, and people trying to understand why the show aired 2 times the "same thing".

>otherwise it wouldn't be the 3rd best ranked anime this season.
Source on that one?

Amazon prediction sales rankings. It goes up and down, but it stays consistently on top 5.

youtube.com/watch?v=oiANrSsAP-o

They aren't deserving of it enough.

Nothing?

Turns out hacky lowest common denominator antihumor that isn't clever or funny has low staying power. Who would've though?

Funi has finally stopped spoiling the next episode's VAs.

They are learning, at sloth pace.

Its been getting progressively better but it’s still shit

People don't get it and dropped it as a result.
That said, I'm still watching it. I enjoy the male voice portion more most times.

Franxx showed its face in here with zero two, it was not the same since then.

>What went wrong?
Look OP, the matter is actually pretty simple. Pop Team Epic is a bad series, a clusterfuck of bad jokes and 0 characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive lolsorandom faggotry and REFERENCES. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for wannabe normie ironic weebs who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The super-over-the-top characters all trying their hardest to be funny, the meme, the ugly as fuck designs, the whole self awareness 4th wall faggotry and everything about the Pop Team Epic world fuels their sense of self satisfaction for "getting" something that doesn't make any sense, while the meme jokes, the emphasis on references, and overall randomness of the series, make it fit just right with the terrible sense of humor of your average preteen and his confused irony towards the rest of the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and ironic weeb retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Pop Team Epic is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to Sup Forums, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every user to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Pop Team Epic threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

I blame the source material of dumb memes trying to be ironically shit.

Why can't they all improvise? Both pairs on ep6 barely did so and the episode is pretty the worst so far as the result. Kaji and Shimono was totally wasted of potential.