Because you're all retarded, let's talk about Zero2/Hiro

I'm seeing the shitposts reaching a critical mass and it's a long way to the next episode. So hey, let's lay out some actual discussion RE: Zero2.

First off: >Hurr Spider in the Web

That's retarded. The entire point of the monologues is to show that Hiro is NOT caught in a web. Everything he's said from the very first episode, before he even met her, is about how much he wants to pilot the FranXX, no matter the cost. He ends multiple episodes specifically talking about how he's fine with being hurt/killed so long as he can fly again. He's making his choices completely of his own volition.

Even if you want to believe she's manipulating him or that Zero 2 has her own agenda, that's fine. However, you have to think for one single second what that agenda is... There's literally zero gain to her making him die. She doesn't get a single thing out of that.

She wants him alive and she wants to be with him.

Now in regards to everything else, obviously it always feels like a cop-out to take a scene with a character and say "Oh they're just lying about that" but I do think people are reading her conversations with Ichigo far too much at face value. Let's go over some details:

>She's clearly very attached to him.

This is fairly evident, to the point where people were wondering if perhaps she was even manipulating him in the earlier episodes. Labelling him her "Darling" isn't some honour she gives out freely, it's probably/possibly something she's never done before, she says no-one's ever said such embarrassing things to as Hiro said in Ep4, so at the very least she's never had a partner as open/accepting/desirous of her before.

I think it's very important that in Ep1 Hiro was away when everyone else was talking about a Partner Killer with Horns and Klaxosaur Blood. He met her without prejudice and found her horns "alluring". Everyone else we've seen see her since has reacted with either wariness or downright fear, look at the way Miku was talking about how she wasn't human, or the way the P26 kids wanted nothing to do with her.

So then compare how she treats Hiro compared not just to anyone else, but to her previous partner. She was always running away from him, she seemed to want little to nothing to do with him, she was annoyed when he came to collect her. Meanwhile, she's always running TO Hiro, she's always wanting to be with him and always complaining about not being with him when they're apart.

She does it so freely with so many people that and in so many mundane situations I find it hard to believe it's anything but completely earnest. She likes Hiro, she's very attached to him, she wants to be around him.

>She hates the thought of separating from him

Even more than just causing a fuss for Ichigo/Nana, or complaining about not being with him, look at the way 02 reacted when the military came to collect her and take her away from Hiro in Ep4- her eyes were shimmering, she was right on the verge of tears. She wanted to be with him, but he hadn't fought for her, he was letting her go... I actually think this is the most honest/vulnerable we've seen her in the whole show so far, she was on almost crying, she butted her horns against him one last time and said goodbye.

That's not the reaction of someone who'd easily just use him up and throw him away. That's the answer to Ichigo's question in Ep4. No, she's not heartless, she doesn't want Hiro to die, she doesn't want to be apart from him. He's either the first person to accept her in a long time, or perhaps the first person ever, she wants to be with him.

Even for the people who assume she's just manipulating him and using him as a way to escape APE, this is still true- Hiro dying doesn't help her one bit, she wants him to live. Of course I don't think that is the case, but still.

>She understands him, and she knows he needs to overcome this

Perhaps even better than Ichigo does. Right in Episode 1 she says as much, that he's just like her, that they're the same. They're both searching for a place to belong.

Remember that scene? She was half dead, limping, covered in blood and still dragging herself back into the FranXX, because killing Klaxxosaurs was her way of living, it was the only purpose she had, and she would sooner die than lose her place in the world. Hiro is exactly the same, he's repeated that over and over, if the only way to pilot a FranXX is to throw away his life, he'll do so gladly, because it's better than sitting around doing nothing.

And with that understanding is the fact that 02 is a veteran, someone who's been through countless partners and who's seen countless allies killed in battle. (I actually think she was being honest when she said she didn't remember causing the death of anyone in Plantation 26, there's a discussion from her VA where they say she probably hasn't bothered to learn any of the P13 kids names except Hiro.) The kids are all Parasites. They'll never become adults(citizens). They ARE expendable. She practically says as much to Ichigo, "What do you think a human is?"

So, she's a realist. And that's why (besides just being territorial) she doesn't react to Ichigo's requests.

Hold back? There's no point. If Hiro is going into battle with her, there's going to be times she's going to have to go all out. Holding back, or trying to ease up on him is just putting the issue off. All it does is leave her trying to baby him, and him dead sooner or later anyway.

Leave Hiro alone? She can't and won't do that. Because she understands him. Just like she was willing to get into the FranXX alone even if it meant dying, he's willing to get into the FranXX with her, even if it means dying. She understands him because she's the same as him. She won't go against his wishes, because doing so would only leave him with no place to belong.

>She knows the only way forward is through

Hiro is standing at the cusp of where every one of her partner's failed. But he's not like them, he's her Darling. She's already recognised him. She believes in him, and she wants him to overcome this.

He needs to become strong enough to accept her, to have his body adapt to her.

Maybe it'll kill him, like everyone else. He's not worried about that, he's willing to pilot the FranXX even if it means dying. He'll die exactly as he wants to, that's not so bad. But she's hoping it won't, that he'll prove himself stronger than any of them and that he'll survive.

TL;DR: 02 would be (very) upset if Hiro died, she was very affected just by being separated from him. However she's not willing to hold back out of fear of risking his life, because neither of them want that. Ichigo finds that heartless (understandable), but ultimately all Ichigo can suggest is they coddle him. 02 wants him to be better than that, she wants him to truly accept her and be her Darling permanently.

This.

I think Hiro is going to transform in these next episodes.

Spider in the Web

save the 02 apologetics for if they're actually needed, why freak out now after only a bunch of foreshadowing that could quite easily be a bait and switch

>Zero2Hero
Holy shit a good ship name

Because every FranXX thread is being shitposted with the most surface level interpretation possible.

>02 IS EVIL! SHE WANTS TO KILL HIRO! SHE'S TRICKING HIM!

Tricking into letting him do exactly what he wants?

Huh

Looks like Lala. I love both her and 002.
Also nice works OP

>All thread

Holy shit this is pathetic. Anyways its obvious from the last episode that this relationship isn't healthy and Hiro didn't know what he was signing himself up for "he doesn't care" because what's been set up from him from the very beginning is that he longs to be useful and would rather be dead than not be able to pilot. 02's reactions is more a long the lines that he's the first interesting specimen she's had in a while and had his reaction been different she would have tossed him out like the rest. Trying to play this off as anything other than negative is pure blind waifufaggotry and there's really nothing to support that she would be visibly upset if he succumbed to the infection given her previous comments.

Hah, I like that

>She believes in him, and she wants him to overcome this.
She wants her partner to be the best he can possibly be, for both their sake, and there's no way other than putting him through the wringer. I posted this before, but the tumor/growth is the first real obstacle their relationship must overcome: their first battle was to be officially engaged, and they that they are "married" they have to face the second demon, the third ride.
They'll both come out stronger. And Hiro has shown to be made of pure steel: he's not running away, he didn't even flinch when she give him a way out. It's do or die.
Also, let's not forget the level of confidence he displayed in the briefing room, where he stands up to Fodder-kun. He didn't confront his friends when they shit talked about 02, but now he won't allow anyone to disgrace his honey. "I will keep her from going out of control", notice how he didn't deny it. I think people are underestimating the level of mindmeld they reached in Strelizia, because if Hiro says that he doesn't even know who's who anymore, there's no way he didn't catch of glimpse of the real 02. They'll be there for each other.

>waifufags being this insecure

>Anyways its obvious from the last episode that this relationship isn't healthy

You must be so much smarter than me, because it's not obvious to me at all. Go ahead and explain why, I'm interested.

>Hiro didn't know what he was signing himself up for "he doesn't care" because what's been set up from him from the very beginning is that he longs to be useful and would rather be dead than not be able to pilot.

How do those two sentences relate at all?

He knew exactly what he was signing up for, he specifically talks to Nana about her being not human, he's warned in episode one about her being dangerous and he knows the effect she has on her partners.

Look at his discussion with Goro about how he's never been so alive, look at his goddamn monologues in every episode, hell, look at the ones just from Episode 4 and 5

"I'd always dreamed of the day I could take flight to the skies above. And for a while, I'd given up on it ever coming true. But now, I may have finally found a pair of wings to call my own. EVEN IF THEY'RE DOUBLE EDGED WINGS THAT WILL SLOWLY DESTROY ME, I'll be able to fly one more time."

"Even if the wings I reached out and grabbed are to snap one day, I'll still take flight into the sky. Because I feel, that's why I'm here right now."

This is what he wants. He's prepared to pay the price. Just the same as her.

>02's reactions is more a long the lines that he's the first interesting specimen she's had in a while and had his reaction been different she would have tossed him out like the rest.

There's nothing to indicate she's even had another Darling before him, if nothing else, she's never had anyone treat her like he does. She's made that clear.

She can't help it if he dies. That's all on him. She can't protect him or stop it from happening, he either overcomes this or he doesn't. He's either strong enough to be her Darling, or he's going to succumb like all the rest.

They're both fully aware of that.

>taking off her limiter

I know you people are going to say you could handle her, but honestly, could you handle the unleashed oni?

02 is a far more interesting character if shes manipulating hiro in some non-obvious way than if shes just waifubait

>You must be so much smarter than me, because it's not obvious to me at all.
Then you're a fucking idiot.
>He knew exactly what he was signing up for
He didn't. Nothing in the show even implies it as such. He just knew of the three times you die rumor and that's it.
>There's nothing to indicate she's even had another Darling before him,
Are you fucking stupid? She had two previous pilots before Hiro.

You would be a far interesting poster if you aren't retarded and bitter.

She can't protect him and she's not going to take away the only place he belongs, just as she refused to let him take away the only place she belonged.

Why do you think she was happy at the end of Ep5 when he changed his tone about the water. I can't control that (I'm going to die if I ride with you 3 times) -> Well, I can't say that for sure (It's not certain I'll die)

Hell, even if you persist in taking only the absolute surface level reading:

>there's really nothing to support that she would be visibly upset if he succumbed to the infection given her previous comments.

What about the fact that she was literally almost in tears at being separated from him in Ep4? He's clearly special to her. She ignores and avoids the previous partner she had, but she constantly runs to him.

>Are you fucking stupid? She had two previous pilots before Hiro.

Speedwatcher, please...

pic related is one of my favorite moments so far.
next episode is going to be good.

She is using Hiro as much as Hiro is using her. Textbook example of unhealthy relationship, but not an evil one.

Is this fan base in the double digits IQ?

>Nothing in the show even implies it as such.

I literally posted two monologues where he explicitly states that. Putting your fingers in your ears and going "LALALA NO HE DIDN'T" isn't an answer.

>Are you fucking stupid? She had two previous pilots before Hiro.

Toppest of jej. Did you even watch the show?

>Then you're a fucking idiot.

Irony.

>He knew exactly what he was signing up for
He didn't. Nothing in the show even implies it as such. He just knew of the three times you die rumor and that's it.
>There's nothing to indicate she's even had another Darling before him,
Are you fucking stupid? She had two previous pilots before Hiro.
OH MY GOD your stupidity is actually giving me brain damage. GO KILL YOURSELF NOW PLEASE.

>because it's not obvious to me at all.
Because you're fucking ignorant. The fact that he had a fever throughout the last episode and the last scene in general should be huge hints towards "hmmmm this doesn't look like a good situation".
>He knew exactly what he was signing up for,
He really didn't. Hiro has a one track mind and even with all the warnings from her peers and the rumors who paid no mind because he found his "wings" so the consequences didn't matter

>I literally posted two monologues where he explicitly states that.
You didn't post anything. Just your shitty headcanon over a scene that doesn't state anything.
>. Did you even watch the show?
I'll take that as a concession

I know the show implies it when they're inside the robots. But when will ZeroToHero fuck?

Except Hiro has no fucking will as his own. He's literally just a toy for him. 02 can find another pilot and the process will continue but Hiro has nothing without 02

thanks for posting the blindingly obvious way that they're manipulating each other because i explicitly wrote 'non-obvious way' in my post so that you would feel good about understanding blatant and in-your-face foreshadowing & symbolism throughout the last episode and make this post as a reply

I'm so happy that this show is bombing like Kiznaiver so the only people left in the fanbase are retards

>Just your shitty headcanon over a scene that doesn't state anything.

I can't tell if this is some kind of advanced idiocy or trolling, so this is gonna be my last reply to you.

The quotes I listed: Are literally Hiro's monologues from the episodes themselves. That's the furthest you can go from headcanon, that's the character himself just straight up explaining his motivations to you.

Trying to ignore this is actually retarded.

>I'll take that as a concession

Again, have you watched the show? She's had other partners. There's nothing to indicate she's ever had a previous Darling. Her previous partner definitely was never a Darling to her.

Just ignoring the monologues doesn't mean they don't exist btw speedwatcher-kun.

The guy literally watched her last partner die in front of him, I will not answer more of your nonsense until you've watched the show.

How is Hiro manipulating 02 when he's literally useless without her? 02 is considered a special specimen she doesn't need Hiro for anything but Hiro literally can't be a parasite without her.

Is this bait? Asking for a friend here

>No argument

I'll take that as a concession

>NO U listen to my headcanons of monlougues
Nothing in the show states that Hiro was aware of the consequences. You are wrong and continue to be wrong. And 02 is a manipulative bitch. These are facts

He's defending 02's actions. Of course its bait

Why does it feel like all the people complaining about 02 just didn't watch the show?

Shit you got me.

Why does it feel like all the people defending about 02 are butthurt waifufags?

>the only people left in the fanbase are retards
there are just a lot of crossboarding shitposters

>Nothing in the show states that Hiro was aware of the consequences.

Hmmm

>Watchs her previous partner get fucked up and die
>Watches Mitsuru get fucked up
>Is specifically told about the partner killer aspect of her
>Is specifically told by Nana that she's not human
>Has MULTIPLE MONOLOGUES TALKING ABOUT HIM BEING AWARE OF THE DANGER
>N-No he wasn't aware of it!
>Sh-She's manipulated him into getting exactly what he wants!

Okay, you got a (You) from me. Well done.

>Hiro 6 episodes later

"Its fine guys!
"I can't wait to continue piloting with 02 to hel the team"

SUCH A GREAT WAIFU! ICHIGOFAGS CAN'T COMPARE!

I know, is almost like they are underage trolls. Or double digits neckbeards.

>Why does it feel like all the people defending about 02 are butthurt waifufags?

Hmm

>People defending 02 actually talk about the show, the scenes and what's happening
>People insulting her call scenes that happened in the show headcanon

HMMMMMMM!

You know when you love a fictional character conditionally that you'll defend every action he or she makes?

>suck the same shit for a weeks
degenerate autists

Why even bring Ichigo into it? I'm a big Ichigo fan, I've got a lot of sympathy for her because of how harsh the whole thing has been to her. All she's ever done is try to help and support Hiro and none of it's worked, it sucks.

But liking Ichigo doesn't mean making shit up about 02.

>People defending 02 actually talk about the show, the scenes and what's happening

>Not a single person able to rebutt the OP points
>Only complaining that he made those points in the first place

Telling.

>5 posts in a row to start the thread isn't talking about the show/scenes and what's happening

Are you the "Scenes I don't like are headcanon, they don't count" guy?

>Watchs her previous partner get fucked up and die
Monster attack not piloting
>Watches Mitsuru get fucked up
On his first attempt. He didn't get fucked up on his first attempt
>Is specifically told about the partner killer aspect of her
He ignored
>Is specifically told by Nana that she's not human
He ignored
>Has MULTIPLE MONOLOGUES TALKING ABOUT HIM BEING AWARE OF THE DANGER
I WANNA PILOT is not being aware of danger

So he wasn't aware of it. Glad you agree

Why people still try to argue about their relationship is beyond me.
They are confirmed as OTP 30 seconds into the first epsidoe, get over it Ichigofags

>Not a single person able to rebutt the OP points
Actually we did OP all of it. Its just the ramblings of a deluded waifufag

That's not Hiro

>5 posts of a waifufag rambling is considered discussing the show

Okay

>same height as her
>Hiro is the only person she actually wants to be around
>both talking about Jian in the opening of the show
>i-it's not him

>I'm starting to think you're trolling.

>Monster attack not piloting

Learns the full story later.

>On his first attempt. He didn't get fucked up on his first attempt

He literally lost his memory. And he's making the choice AGAIN in the most recent episode, after a whole day of pain.

>He ignored

So he knew about it then?

>He ignored

So he knew about it then?

>I WANNA PILOT is not being aware of danger

Are you actually retarded? This quote is FROM THE SHOW. It's NOT Headcanon, as much as you may like to deny it:

>"I'd always dreamed of the day I could take flight to the skies above. And for a while, I'd given up on it ever coming true. But now, I may have finally found a pair of wings to call my own. EVEN IF THEY'RE DOUBLE EDGED WINGS THAT WILL SLOWLY DESTROY ME, I'll be able to fly one more time."
>EVEN IF THEY'RE DOUBLE EDGED WINGS THAT WILL SLOWLY DESTROY ME

>same height as her
>its Hiro

>N-No it doesn't count as discussing a show if you're talking about two character's relationship dynamic!

k

>02 literally spider
Worst girl

Speedwatchers, please.

>Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll!
Inspiring

He didn't die because of her. Next

Wrong again fuckatrd

Nope

Nope

So I WANNA PILOT isn't being aware of the consequences?

Zero-Two a cute.

All the points are made from the show dialogues and actions, stop breathing from your mouth.

I think the spider in the web was mostly just to show tension, that Hiro still has some lingering thoughts of doubt since he is going to die from piloting with 02 (given that everyone that has piloted with 02 dies on the third time). Even Ichigo continued the allegory through using the phrase "sucking him dry." However he still has the resolve to keep going forward. Its not foreshadowing necessarily for what is to come for him.

But yeah, 02/Hiro like each other. 02 just hates everyone (and rightly so) trying to get in the way of them piloting and being together.

Yeah you are just a troll. I hope no one takes this seriously. But keep going please. I like what I'm watching

>My headcanon is from the show dialogues and action

This is pathetic

Why does Sup Forums love this so much? It's seasonal garbage and some of the more mediocre things that Trigger has ever done.

The best thing about this show is how its SYMBOLISM is so on the nose that you sound like a pretentious ass for taking it seriously

Why are you still watching it then?

>Why does Sup Forums love this so much?
We don't. Only crossboarders do.

I'll take this as a concession

I've dropped it at the cuck episode (3rd?) but there are always like 4-5 threads up about it at any given time and they're always on the first few pages.
At least contain this shit to one thread, please.

>cuck
kill yourself

You can stop calling it headcanon when is just canon.

>I've dropped it at the cuck episode
Hey another shitposter.

>I dropped it
>but I'm still here talking

>Why does Sup Forums love this so much? It's seasonal garbage and some of the more mediocre things that Trigger has ever done.

Why come into a thread talking about a specific aspect of a show just to complain about the show as a whole?

There's plenty of other places you can do that. Derailing this thread is dumb.

>Zero arguments
>Still claiming that the scenes in the show are headcanon

I'll take this as a concession. Glad we could agree.

See

Are you talking about yourself now?

Hiro is roughly the same height as her, she's only taller than him when wearing heels.

You fucking retard

>They're both searching for a place to belong.
Remember when 02 said to take it by force if neccessary? Then what is Hiro doing right now? He is killing himself/forcing himself to create his "new home" where they can be together.

>the sheer amount of anti DitF shitposting from people that haven't even watched more then 2 episodes
>wah why is it so popular I never even watched it
Must be something good because this is exactly what happens to Eva

He is pushing her to not hold back, she is willing to go all out because that is what he wants. Not that it would change much, she did spend a night standing in the rain waiting for Hiro to confirm if he wanted her to go all out.

Not only are you wrong on all account but your sheer delusion should be noted

Remember: This is the level of insight Anti-02fags have.

Literally unable understand the flashing lights and noise infront of them.

I know right? This kind of autism is quite rare.

Blue Oni Confimed

Wheres that from

She likes him. She wants him to stick around and be with her. She is not evil. But... he is in her web user. You're meant to look at that and the entire episode and wonder if she will eat him alive.

"I realized I didn't really care about riding in the FRANXX, I wanted to ride with YOU". She has what he wants. She knows and says he belongs to her. She has him in her web and dances maniacally and happily with the knowledge.

Reminder that the web is the bird cage and the spider is Ichigo, the queen of the nest.

Why are these threads so autistic?

The spider scene is a double metaphor. The interpretation that it represents 002 catching Hiro in her web is a misdirection. That symbolism doesn't mesh at all with the Jian bird and Strelizia symbolism, whereas the Delphinium symbolism fits, because spiders use poison to kill their prey and Delphinium is a poisonous plant.
What Hiro is thinking about at that moment is that he does not want to be like that spider, caught in a web, unable to fly.
002 on the other hand warns Hiro that he might die. A spider does not warn its prey, and the prey does not willingly get caught in the web. And when you think about Ichigo, you realise that she is telling him one thing to his face (that she's ok with him riding Strelizia) while doing something else entirely behind his back.

Ichigo is the Jorougumo.