This fucking season I finally reached the point of not understanding...

This fucking season I finally reached the point of not understanding. Everyone around me loves Franxx to death and shits on VEG, but I just do not understand it.

And okay, I'd stay pur and just chalk it up to different tastes, but then three people very persistently tried to argue with me that Violet Evergarden is ugly, and I wasn't having it. Shit's incredibly impressive from a technical standpoint, and even when the filters or whatever are at their worst, it's still a marvel to look at.

But whatever, Sup Forums, tell me, what's "beautiful" to you? I wanna hear it.

The scenes in VEG looking pretty in isolation doesn't change the fact that the anime as a whole is garbage storytelling. If VEG was some non-narrative, experimental anime where only the craftsmanship in the animation was relevant, you'd have an excuse to whine.
As is, you're barking up the wrong tree. VEG is a shitty anime because it is a shitty, poorly told story.

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

VEG will be far more fun when she gets her 6ft Battle Axe and uses it to assassinate people.

You have to agree the filter is bad.

What killed the hype?

It's an all around solid show. The visual storytelling is on point.

At the end of the day FranXX is seasonshit and won't be discussed next year while VEG will probably be still talked about just because of how beautiful it is

In exactly the same way people remeber the South African world cup because of the vuvuzelas.

Both Franxx and VEG are awful. This season sucks.

Having pretty visuals and animation doesn't mean much if that's the only thing going for it. Anime is the sum of its parts.

Why not enjoy both?

Find better friends.
Me and my close friends spent almost 2 hours talking about the latest episode this last weekend, it was really fun.

>both currently airing
>one is "season shit" and one isn't
People who use "muh seasonal" as an insult are truly brain dead.

The great irony in all of this, for me at least, is that Violet Evergarden has a message that is meant for the usual underage edgelord and wannabe tough guy that posts on this board and on the internet as a whole, the 4th PV even ends with a message explicitly saying that the show is for those that do not know what love is.
But because said people are so hard to get to the show fails to communicate with this intended audience.

And for what I've seen so far, the people that enjoy this anime the most are those that have either lost somebody dear to them or failed to express themselves to an important person in their lives before it was too late.
This is also why I think episode 5 is widely considered to be the best yet, the whole message of having to say goodbye to a motherly figure is something almost everybody can relate to.

VEG is unironically ahead of its time.

>implying trigger won't do it again
>implying gainax faggots won't do it again
Nigger you know how often their shows linger like cancer in faggots minds? 30 fucking years and we still have faggots arguing over Rei and Asuka (Mari best girl)

VEG looks fine. Maybe a better than average for Kyoani. It's just boring, smeared with filters, and has one of the most obnoxious fanbases ever to come together. I'm glad it's failing. I don't think I've ever hated a fanbase on Sup Forums as much as VEG's. Literally not one in almost a decade.

Franxx is Kiznaiver-tier, and Kiznaiver was fucking shit.

It's failing? That's a new one.

Fate looks fine. Maybe a better than average for Shaft. It's just boring, smeared with filters, and has one of the most obnoxious fanbases ever to come together. I'm glad it's failing. I don't think I've ever hated a fanbase on Sup Forums as much as Fate's. Literally not one in almost a decade.

All pasta. Whatever it is that VEG does to anger manchildren, I love it.

Yeah I agree
kyoani could do it better

You've just been arguing with the same IRC autists who samefag shitpost about every KyoAni anime. Sup Forums actually loves VEG, despite these prolifically samefagging shitposters.

These shitposters and derailers are discord.

If VEG was exactly the same as it was now but made by some lesser known studio and didn't have any hype before it aired, everyone would be all over it and calling it underrated aoty. You know this is true.

>VEG thread.
>Immediately bring up Franxx in the OP.

Do most anons just scan OPs for keywords and then post whatever?

Doesn't look like a VEG thread to me.

You say that, but it's actually VEG fags getting triggered the most.
>discord boogeymen
Might as well blame Russia at this point, it has the same level of verity. You guys did this to yourself.

Welcome to shitposting general

>You guys did this to yourself.
Thanks for confirming

violet everflop was shilled to hell and back and it backfired when the actual product was mediocre af

They're both shit user, welcome to adulthood. Shonen you didn't watch as a kid no longer appeal to you and you can't self insert to what ever teenage driven show of the season is. You can see past shiny coating an look at how a show actually has no substance. Comfy and comedic shows is the only thing keeping you watching more anime every season.

VEGfags just look down on the rest, I know that because I'm one.
So, how are you?

>VEGfags just look down on the rest, I know that because I'm one.
Nice strawman

You guys are so desperate to prove they exist that you'll treat anything as verification. It's pretty sad.
Not much of a height to look down from at this point, is there? I do like VEG too, but the behavior in the last 6 weeks totally undermines any respect Kyoani fans have demanded.

>Wants understanding and acceptance

reddit is calling you. please get out and never come back, faggot.

>telling somebody to go to reddit for wanting to understand something

Kiznaiver didn't garner even 1/10th the attention FranXX is. That should tell you enough about how wrong you are. Kiznaiver is also memorable enough for you faggots to bring it up often as a show that wont be remembered, ironically.
upvoted

FranXX is an EVA ripoff and the story is shit copy past garbage, yall just like strokin it to demon girls u fucking dicksticks.

I tend to remember stepping into dogshit (the dogshit is kiznaiver so i remember stepping into it)

great post fellow redditor!

Oh child, that's not a strawman.
You still haven't answered my question; how are you?

I'd actually say the height increased and it got even harder to communicate.
It's a rather weird feeling, it almost feels like watching teenagers waste their lives by obsessing over primal needs like sex. I don't know how to explain it but it feels good.

I just started to watch it, 2 episodes in and it feels like a premium anime to be honest, very good.

>FranXX is an EVA ripoff

Yeah, because it's got Mechas and monplogues Eva invented both of those things!

This is what i will never get about VEG fans. As if it's the worse thing to have ever happen to them. Fate and PTE is beating them yet they never engage the fandom.

>a copy pasted piece garbage is beating out the anime kusoani fans relentlessly shilled for an entire year, creating endless amounts of butthurt
You couldn't possibly make things better for us, kyoanus lickers.
>it almost feels like watching teenagers waste their lives by obsessing over primal needs like sex
Are you also intelligent, nihilistic and have a wicked sense of humour? I sure hope you cringed as much writing that as I did reading it. I'm enjoying myself quite a lot, thanks. How are you?

Real VEG never engage in any fandom because we know how much shitposters it will attract in the threads. As if we already didn't have enough of them already

Your friends watch the show for horny teenagers where are a parody of pilots having sex, typical love triangle, disappointing mecha action and pink-haired horned waifubait.

Cringe? Not at all, I'm just being honest for once.
Good to know that you're fine user, may you have a pleasant day.

That's adorable. You're so out of touch that you actually believe this don't you? Other threads put up with twice as much shitposting and still manage to be functional, but one FranXXfag spoils your thread so hard that you go home crying for the mods. Kyoanifags might be the saddest, most delusional fanbase on Sup Forums.

I think the last time I have seen this level of dedicated shitposting directed toward one show was the first season of Bakemono.
It's honestly kind of impressive.
The show itself has been decent so far if for no other reason than to see KyoAni do something not set in a high school.

>pink-haired horned waifubait.
>Most recent episode showed her as callous, unhinged and possibly even psychopathic. Making a point of how much she terrified all Hiro's friends

What did retard mean by this?

VEG is like a pig wearing lipstick with no substance or fun like Yurucamp or Franxx.
Even PTE which is just memeshit is more enjoyable than this polished turd. The only thing enjoyable about VEG is reading these train wrecks of threads.

It's also not set in Japan and it has heavier themes in it, which I greatly appreciate.

Don't even try and compare this piece of shit to Bakemono.

>I don't think I've ever hated a fanbase on Sup Forums as much as VEG's
I hate the fanbase a lot lot more than VEG. It's just underage faggots. Sup Forums and redditards.

Why can't I like them both? What's the point of fanbase wars? Are you all bored or something?

I'm glad most yuru camp and PTE fans are not like you. They don't really care about VEG.

Let them be. It's the only way user can have a peaceful sleep.

There's definitely substance in VEG, it's just not to your taste. I'm not going to act like it's my favorite anime airing right, because I honestly prefer Yuru Camp and FranXX more as well. That doesn't devalue VEG as a show, and acting like it does is disingenuous at best.

OH WOW ANOTHER STUDIOWARS THREAD THIS WILL BE SO EXCITING AND PRODUCE SUCH GOOD DISCUSSION

Only terms of shitposting; I've never been a kyoanifag and this show has been ok at best, though episode 5 gives me hope that maybe they will do something decent with it.
The shitposting for Bakemono, gorespammer and all, was so bad I put off watching it for a few months but it came to be one of my favorites after doing so.

Your to dumb to understand. 02 didn't do anything wrong.

I saw people complaining about this newest episode because they're upset about "pedophilia", or rather a 14 year old falling in love with somebody 15 years older than her. I feel like they didn't realize where and when this show takes place.

>I don't think I've ever hated a fanbase on Sup Forums as much as VEG's
Not even YoI's? Were you even here fall of two years ago?

>Your to dumb
>Your
>to
If you're going to insult someone's intelligence can you at least use spell check? It's not that fucking difficult.

OP has a secret hard-on for it. I hope there's a Zero Two/Violet crossover fanart one day, just to really trigger him.

Honestly VEG is a beautiful show and I will watch it to completion for that alone but the story really feels like it's going nowhere fast and all we get out of our time viewing it is the capability to cry to the sad moments.

Which in fairness, I cried at episode one during the last seen on rewatch. It's pretty fucking heartbreaking. But as a story it's really going slow.

Also, if we're bringing up sales:
>***,*27位/***,*27位 ◎ (**2,127 pt) [*,*72予約] 2018/03/28 Yuru Camp △ 1 [Blu-ray]

>***,121位/***,120位 (**1,284 pt) [*,**9予約] 2018/03/28 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san Vol.1 Blu-ray特別版(オリジナルTシャツ付)(全巻購入特典:描きおろし全巻収納BOX+オリジナル特典映像DVD引換シリアルコード付)

>***,292位/***,263位 (***,696 pt) [*,**6予約] 2018/04/25 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Darling in the FranXX 1(メーカー特典:「線画A3ポスター」「田中将賀描きおろし複製色紙」付)(1~4巻連動購入特典:「描き下ろしB1布ポスター」&全巻連動購入特典:「描き下ろし全巻収納ボックス」引換シリアルコード付)(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

>***,428位/***,475位 (**1,202 pt) [*,**0予約] 2018/04/04 【Amazon.co.jp限定】Violet Evergarden 1 (第1巻のみ特典:L版ブロマイド + 全巻購入特典:「LPサイズディスク収納ケース」引換シリアルコード付) [ VIOLET EVERGARDEN ] [Blu-ray]

FranXX may very well beat out VEG if the latter doesn't pick up the pace
FranXX is an Eureka Seven/Gurren Lagann mixture, not Eva.

motherfucker everyday I inch one step closer to dying I don't have the time to watch something "decent"

I only have so much life left in me so if I watch something it better be exceptionally good or exceptionally fun

Fuck this middle of the road "acceptable" shit people defend. It's more offensive than any legitimately shitty series

It obvious mixes Eva along with those other shows. 002 -> Zero Two -> Unit 02 -> Asuka, pink/red hair, Ichigo is Rei with leadership, adults are useless in comparison to the enemy, abstract enemies with no clear basis, it's all there right out in the open.

I've been a heavy agitator in this thread, but I must say I do like VEG. Each episode has had a sentimental feeling to it that manages to reach a place that most anime doesn't seem to be able to penetrate very often. Violet's subtle growth has been fun to watch so far, and she will surely grow into a respectable character by the end.

I really think this will get the Clannad treatment down the line. Clannad was pretty and heartwarming for its time, but these days it's very popular to hate on it for that exact reason. I doubt anyone will accuse Violet of having bugeyes like with Clannad, but they will probably be making the same "instagram filter" accusations 10 years later. The same easy insults that don't take much effort. For this reason, the criticisms don't seem to have very much weight to them because Kyoani did put effort into the anime and it shows.

Ok, can we bring up streaming cash into this too? You know, a pile of cash many times greater than BD cash.
No we can't, can we? Because that'd make too much sense and would ruin Sup Forums tier shitposting. Fairness is boring.

Then you shouldn't be watching anime at all because shows worth watching number well less than one a year, faggot.

Except 02 acts nothing like Asuka, and Ichigo acts nothing like Rei. 02's suit is even being changed to white instead of red soon too.

The Zero 2 name seems completely unrelated to Unit 02 anyway, since it's clearly meant to bring to mind 0-Ni. In the same way 703 becomes Naomi, or 390 becomes Miku.

>VEG will probably be still talked about just because of how beautiful it is
Pretty visuals can only get you so far
If the story and characters are completely boring it's going to fall apart
Also
>Implying Triggerfags won't stop shitposting about Franxx still the end of time
>Just like Kyoani fags won't stop shitposting about VEG

It's not even a trigger show.

Who's still talking about Hibike and KLK anymore?
It's mostly A-1, Trigger's just doing a few individual episodes and helping with in-between animation.

>uses a kyoani reaction image while criticising them

Every female in VEG looks ugly with that purple spot they put on their nose area.

Has Trigger done anything decent besides the LWA ova and Inferno Cop? I have never been more let down by the rest of the show after a good the first episode than KlK though Basquatch is a close second.
Fran looked like a mongoloid innuendo fest from the first half of the first episode but maybe I should give it a chance.

Kill la Kill is still remembered while nothing post-Hyouka Kyoani has made is memorable.

Yol keep to themselves most of the time.

I like your bait enough to give you this (You), but not enough to actually post any shows in reply so that you can rehash some pasta about them.

What are you talking about?
Well, the sane rational ones that didn't leak from Tumblr, anyway.

FranXX is so similar to EVA in plot and characters
The story is about kids who are bred to pilot mechs and kill weird monsters by pulling out some sort of core, There is the whiney dependant protagonist who wants to be great but keeps fucking up, there's the sassy foreign chick with weird hair and a red suit who can pilot a much better than most, there's the quiet and reserved girl who has hidden ambitions but is still a notable pilot, both character like the male lead. The only difference is that Franxx has 1000x the fan service waifu bait garbage and the romance is subpar. There are no stakes its just boring exposition and terrible character design

Good animation doesn't make it a good show
It adds to a good story but animation alone can't save an anime.

nice opinion thanks for sharing

Stop false falgging Sup Forums.

He's talking about the pinkish tone found on the [white] female's noses. It's very subtle but it's there.

The storytelling is objectively awful in VEG. Yeah it's pretty as fuck but that doesn't cover up how boring it is. Franxx, on the other hand, tells a story, creates an interesting world, and has a main girl that does not have the personality of sandpaper.

>Fran looked like a mongoloid innuendo fest from the first half of the first episode but maybe I should give it a chance.

The innuendos seem to be dying down, and more importantly they seem to actually be building to a point. These children are surrounded by all this meaning they don't know, they have no clue what love or kissing even is. Goro couldn't even comfort Ichigo because he couldn't understand his own feelings of jealousy.

Ah, I see. I didn't notice until now. Is it featured in other KyoAni shows?

fuck off

Sounds like you're the one who shouldn't be watching anime, I at least find one show. Sometimes two.

ok

VEG exclusive. Erika has a stronger tone that is mixed with her freckles.

I'm sort of a Triggerfag and I have to admit FranXX is better than any of the othr shit they have made. 002 bakemono complex is better written than when Ryuko went full edge,Hiro actually learns shit and gets better unlike Akko, the reed heerings are way more subtle than KLK, better drama than Kiznaiver because no Okada,etc, It feels like the most put well together of their shows byt of course, it's also a A1 show

The difference between Franxx threads and VEG threads is that if you mentioned VEG in a Franxx thread some people would just tell you to fuck off and they'd back to arguing about spiders and who is best girl. In VEG threads, mentioning Franxx will result in literally essays on why VEG is supposedly superior and half the thread turns into bitching about another show.