Just got back from Mazinger Z Infinity. It went from decent to really fucking retarded really fast...

Just got back from Mazinger Z Infinity. It went from decent to really fucking retarded really fast. But I guess I can't expect much from a kids movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eE2esIcRhNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i4jHEGYfFpk
youtube.com/watch?v=3eycZQPbzAA
youtube.com/watch?v=-Id24og3Wko
youtube.com/watch?v=qu2dkagBQuo
youtube.com/watch?v=2gR_p4py6Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=1GP7Q1YKphU
youtube.com/watch?v=jvFo7VbS3uY
youtube.com/watch?v=Bo46MhXrw24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bad taste

Because I didn't like it or because I saw it? I'm curious what people more familiar with Mazinger Z think, since I was more of a Getter Robo guy. What was with all that dimensional theory bullshit?

Just saw it an hour ago. This was pretty atrocious.

However, the 20 minutes of combined runtime that was just pure mecha action with the pilots belting out move names was fucking awesome and worth the price of admission.

I just wish I wasn't embarrassed or bored for the remaining hour+.

I came for the robot fights and was disappointed it was only a fraction of the movie. This is also probably an unpopular opinion, but I hate how they move so fast. I had the same problem with Devilman Crybaby, I remember Go Nagai OVA's had a lot of weight to them but being fast and flashy is apparently the new trend. Just kind of takes away the whole giant robot thing.

I felt embarrassed when the entire theater would laugh loudly at the fanservice scenes. Though by entire theater I mean 4 people.

I had some high school sounding guy going "UUUUHHHH" very audibly when it happened. I had embarrassing flashbacks to Manga club in Junior High.

>pregnant woman having flashbacks of missing husband
>in one image he's slapping her in the face

Cherished memories.

Mazinger Z isn't really for kids,but the Toei version definitely is.

Shin Mazinger remains the best iteration of the series.

>Sup Forums hate it
>/m/ love it

kinda makes you think

Can Infinity beat ZERO?

youtube.com/watch?v=eE2esIcRhNQ

youtube.com/watch?v=i4jHEGYfFpk

youtube.com/watch?v=3eycZQPbzAA

youtube.com/watch?v=-Id24og3Wko

youtube.com/watch?v=qu2dkagBQuo

youtube.com/watch?v=2gR_p4py6Hg

youtube.com/watch?v=1GP7Q1YKphU

This game has no right to look this good.

youtube.com/watch?v=jvFo7VbS3uY

>That one time SRW Used 75% of it's animation budget solely for Shin Getter Robo
I want to kiss whoever thought up SRW

Even if she was kind of cute I unfortunately have a preexisting distaste for the kind of movie exclusive character that Lisa represents.
It really felt like the whole movie was just her story... but it still felt completely unearned.

Probably not. It apparently takes forever to rewrite the universe so it can be stopped in that time. The giant energy Mazinger Z that defeated Infinity was the product of all the world's Photon energy being focused on one target. I'm pretty sure Zero is capable of exceeding those expectations on it's own.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bo46MhXrw24

>all dem mazinger chogokins in the background
neato

Goddamn I'm so sick of Tetsuya being Koji's underdog in all modern representations.

>Interview at the beginning claims the robots have a lot of weight to them in this movie and gravity is important.
>The robots (even the mechanical beasts) are more acrobatic and quick moving than ever before, often feeling like they are completely free from the limitations imposed by gravity.
I'm not complaining, the fights were the best part. I just don't understand why they would preface it like that.

This seems to mostly be people talking non stop about their theater experience than actually praising the movie.

I saw it earlier today too. I thought the final fight with Dr Hell was really underwhelming.