What manga have you been reading recently, Sup Forums?

What manga have you been reading recently, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/1942993773/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the last 2 weeks ive started and either finished or got to the most recent chapter of

Claymore.
Berserk
Drifters
Others too but I didn't like them as much

Just started Knights of sidonia

Stravaganza.

Pandemonium

cockroach-chan
cute loli cat demon doing cute things
mystery research club

all 3 are pretty good.

What's the second one?

Just picked this up last week, never seen this manga being talked on Sup Forums, but man, I never expect such a emotional roller coaster, never have I been so much happy to see a character succeed.

I caught up on Goblin Slayer

I marathoner the last six volumes of Ten today and finished just a couple of minutes ago. God fucking dammit. The mahjong was cool and intense just like I'd have expected after reading Kaiji, but the last arc. My grandpa went from Alzheimers. Fukumoto is pretty much my second favourite mangaka after Inoue now.
And that manga right there is the reason Inoue is my number 1 mangaka. Best damn thing I've ever read.

Started reading through 3D Kanojo. Still can't make up my mind as to whether or not I like it or it's terrible or both.

Ashita no Joe is literature

rereading Dorohedoro

About to start Kono Oto Tomare, what should I expect?

pic not related

i've been rereading shamo
it's actually not as edgy as i remember

got 3 on my shelf I reread every now and then- Berserk, Punpun and Blame

Boruto

Robot x Laserbeam. I enjoy it quite a bit, should be interesting to see how it fares on a weekly read.

Zumou is amazing, should have read it earlier

That thing was a hit below the belt.

Fuck you you made me start it again. I'm so mad it's never gonna get finished along with Vagabond

Just got back into manga recently so I've been plowing through a bunch of series.

In the past month I've read through Yotsuba, Azumanga Daioh, Sumire 16, Pandemonium, Haruko Ichikawa's one-shots, Emanon, and Music of Marie. I'm also slowly grinding away at Hunter x Hunter and Fist of the North Star, though the scan quality of the latter post-timeskip is starting to get really atrocious.

Today I'm off from work so I was thinking of checking out Magi no Okurimono and Appleseed.

i dropped it after the huge talented wrestler guy started doing sumo, would you think it's worth picking upagain?

Darwin's Game

First chapter was pretty nice.

Which arcs are you rereading? Up to China?

i actually just got to china, i was contemplating skipping it since it gets retconned anyway, but it has some cool moments that i want to read again
like ryo giving the cute girl her first kiss after she's dead

I'm not much of a manga reader but I've been looking for something new to read. Any recommendations? Didn't want to make a whole new thread about it so I figured I might as well just ask here.

I like the pretty typical stuff, Berserk, JoJo, Vagabond, etc. But I also like things like Ippo and Shokugeki no Soma.

It's all downhill after China though.

Sugarawa arc > Prison arc >>> China arc > Power gap > Final arc > Dancer arc

Seki-kun, Shakunetsu Ping Pong etc, Berserk again...

I've also recently been wondering about some fanservice/borderline H series I remember hearing about where an older woman was training some younger boy, but for the life of me I can't remember the details other than it being lewd. Either it's been neglected with tagging on Baka Updates or it's simply not there.

Claymore is noice

So many great moments, this manga is a delight to read.

Relife, Hitoribocchi, xxxholic, watamoe and Kaguya

Just finished Hellsing and Planetes, caught up with Goblin Slayer as well. Good shit

Biomega
Straw
The music if marie
Acony
Jojo pt 1
Pluto

Plan to read:
Route end
Kuutei dragons
Bokutachi ga yarimashita
Innocent

This series is shit in such a good way

>Innocent
Are you gay?

Bakarina, Komi-san and a bunch of isekai shit that I tried to read but dropped eventually

Is it so gay? I put that on my plan to read list just because i liked kokou no hito and loved the artstyle

Beelzebub, pretty shit, around chapter 30, about to drop it.

Pretty fucking gay. I was sad when I read a few chapters after finishing KnH.

Finished the xxxHOLIC Kei anime, started the manga, I'm on the first volume.

Is that Girl on the Other Side? Been meaning to buy the three volumes that are out. Anyway I'm re-reading Punpun at the moment, picking up on the details I missed the first time is pretty fun.

Kami-sama no Ekohiiki.
Fuck, this is better than I expected. I need to read more shoujo. Can't wait for the next chapter.

I read all of the first Tokyo Ghoul series. It was good. Tokyo Ghoul:Re has even more chapters though (if it doesn't finish in like 10 chapters).

Tokyo Ghoul just seems like a really shitty version of Parasyte in my eyes. I like some of the concepts but I don't know why people rave about it when other series done similar concepts but better.

It's distinctly different from Parasyte lol. I don't rave about it either. I just like it Parasyte is awesome too.

Did the author of Ajin confirm it was ending this year or is it going to be like how Bleach ended where the last arc got dragged out for like five years?

I read all of Murcielago thinking that it was already over, so now it's on my list of ongoing manga.
It's just okay, I think. Apparently there's some translator drama or something since it got licensed?

sunny

What? Why? Source?

I picked it up last week too. Inoue's a genius.
>Shiratori's wrestling comeback
I felt so many emotions over those few chapters.

>The music of marie
fuck yeah
ignore this faggot. innocent is great and no more gay than berserk.

>ignore this faggot. innocent is great and no more gay than berserk.
Ohayou gozaimasu Shinichi-san.

Blame!
I really don't know if I should be happy to have recently found it that or sad because I spent so much of my life without even knowing that it existed. It's just that good.

Oh, and then there's One Piece. Been reading it for 13 years and I just wanna know how it ends. Wishful thinking, though...?

I recently read:

Kawaii Joushi o Komarasetai - Cute but a bit unrealistic romance between female boss and employee. 6/10
Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai - Female wish fulfilmen of being taken care of by a good man despite yourself being no good. But it's adorable so that's okay. 7/10
Machida-kun no Sekai - Buy that loves people doesn't know love helps everyone but not himself. The romance is slow and realistic. 9/10

I need more good slice-of-life romance. Between adults/almost adults if possible.

Glad you've been findally enlightened brother.

BLAME! is so good when I bought the recent re-release in big format I've managed to re-read it like 5 times in the past 3 months. It's insanely good. So good I want everyone I know to read it. Too bad it's a very specific type of work that would probably put off most people.

>Drifters
I don't know why but I can't seem to really get into it. Aluca... I mean Nobunaga is glorious, but he's not enough to pull the whole show by himself. The "MC" is okay but seems completely aimless, which just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, not enough qt3.14s.

I also cannot immagine how they can go againstthat black army or whatever it's called. It seems completely hopless and impossible.

I've been reading Eden - It's an Endless World but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm only up to chapter 33 but I don't like the characters at all.

I know what you mean man. The art is great, I love the world building, and the history is interesting, but I never gave a shit about any of the characters. It's a real shame.

Exactly. Well, I'll finish it anyway since I'm interested to see where the story goes.

I'm waiting to get my Master Editions in a mail, but luckily our local library had the older Tokyopop releases so I borrowed them, nice to see how they compare to each other.

And yeah, on the other hand it has this really distinctive style that may not appeal to everyone, but on the other hand I feel that the story and the way it is told is universally interesting and has potential to reach wider audience, including those not generally interested in manga/anime.

I don't read much manga but am interested in reading Blame.

Are physical copies the way to go or could I manage on my Kindle DX?

I agree about the artstyle, but many people would consider it too bleak/dark/depressing, because they are limp-wristed pussies. But to each their own I guess.

When I explain what it is to a friend or a stranger the usual reaction is "that sounds far too depressing for me". Well, it certainly is, but that's part of it's charm and why it's so impactful.

You definitely should finish it.

So there's the new master edition which is great value:
amazon.com/dp/1942993773/

It's in bigger format than original and the quality is definitely worth the price. And for anyone that likes cybperpunk or just the artstyle I think the investment of ~160 USD to have all the volumes is worth it.

But if that's too much definitely try to find the scans of the master edition. I don't know if they are easily availeble but the original scans are pretty low quality, which doens't do justice to the art.

I finished Konjiki no Gash a few days ago.

Vinland Saga

Bokurano, shits depressing

>anime spends 12 episodes on 7 chapters
>character introduced in the 12th chapter gets scenes in the 4th episode
WHY

I stopped halfway through, i found it repetitive, does it get better?

Just wait until you get to the brothel cucking arc

Im at the halfway point myself

>Just wait until you get to the brothel cucking arc
And with that one sentence I know I will never read Bokurano. Thanks.

I hope this isnt as bad as it sounds.

Elf-San wa Yaserarenai
A Trail of Blood
Golden Kamuy
Shingeki no Kyojin
Boku no Hero Academia
Yakumo-san wa Ezuke ga Shitai
Tsumi to Kai
Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari

I also just finished Hapiness, and a bunch of other Oshimi shit. Just finished Planetes. Finishing Oldman. Waiting for Berserk updates. Reading through Ja Ja Uma Grooming UP! Vagabond. Just finished Homunculus, finally.

It probably Neko Musume Michikusa Nikki ?

Prison School
Solanin

Awaken
Last hero

Kokou No Hito
Initial D

Best manga ever made.

Mostly popular ongoings:

One Piece
HeroAka
Dr. Stone
Shokugeki no Soma
Kaiji: One Poker Hen
Akagi
Jojolion
Berserk
One-Punch Man
Made in Abyss

The latest things I've finished were

- Imawa no Kuni no Arisu
- Ghost Tower
- a bunch of short stories by Junji Ito
- some short horror manga about a cursed video game
- Pupa (didn't like it at all, dropped it near the very end)

Golden kamuy, wanted to get around to it before the anime starts and the threads turn to shit.
It's so good.

I've also been rereading Ueki while collecting as many cute Moris as I can. Too bad I could only find low quality scans but it'll do.

Finally decided to pick up Oyasumi Punpun.
Finished it in one go. I now feel like absolut shit.

I play in mobage with mechgirls instead of mangafagging.

I just finished Upotte, re-reading Dragon Ball and thinking to read Giant Killing.

I've burned though all of Akatsuki no Yona over the weekend, it's like a shoujo Berserk

oh, got the same treatment Houshin Engi is currently getting I see.

>Just started Knights of sidonia
I'm sorry for you.

I recently read Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku and had a surprising amount of fun with it. It's still a drama so it's built on misunderstandings and not talking to people properly but it does it in a way that I feel is pretty fair most of the time. And despite being about people who are unhealthy sexually it has a pretty wholesome baseline going on. Bluebally as fuck at times though.

Reading some Sugiura.

After picking up only monthly series and inevitably forgetting about them after a while due to the release schedules, I have finally learned my lesson and only started reading finished series.
Then I picked up three other ongoing series in a week, and one of them only has 7 chapters released

The worst thing is that the following arc is actually interesting.

Shaman King recently.
Never read it, thought I'd give it a go. It's fun so far.
also a qt at work in interested in talked enough about it that I found it interesting.

This seems pretty cute.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ?

Look at this fucking wannabe normie, boasting about talking up some qt3.14. How dare you, do you know where you are?

I've been reading it weekly since chapter 1. It's paced pretty well, the mangaka certainly has enough fucking experience figuring that out

I picked up the top nico nico's top five manga of last year and hated all of them except elf-san wa yaserarenai. Who the fuck thought Moriarty the patriot was a good idea?

Read most of Fire Punch. It feels like Freesia + Biomega + Dorohedoro. Love it.

Cute and lewd.

Yes.

Fi

Currently reading Billy Bat, I recently got my friend into manga but he only likes serious shit like Monster and Pluto so I'm trying to read more series that we can discuss. Come to think of it, he might only like Urasawa shit which is a finite amount of shit.

Last read was Spirit Circle which, just like Biscuit Hammer, was really charming and interesting but eventually fell flat.

I've actually been reading Bokutachi ga Yarimashita since the TL's started, even dumped a couple volumes here. Really interesting manga, you should check it out.

I'm happy it's getting translated again