I'm really conflicted if i should gamble on something this iconic. Sup Forums what do I do ?

I'm really conflicted if i should gamble on something this iconic. Sup Forums what do I do ?

I would need to work for 1,5 month in my shithole to be able to buy this

Go for it! Its more than I would pay for it but if that’s what your into than why not. 頑張る!

It's a piece of paper, user. That's money that could be spent on food, bills or gas. Don't be a dummy.

Thanks for the tip user. I'm going to outbid you now.

money is also paper user
It's pretty stellar grab concidering It's international asking price is 5k

If you actually have the money and that doesn't represent a big loss for you the go ahead.
If you're a neet who leechs off his parents or a poorfag who will not be able to afford rent afterwards then don't.

how do you know it's not fake?

Wouldn't be worth that much even if Anno himself delivered it to you.

would this shot be worth more?

What proofs do you have that it's not a fake?

I'm American and I make less than this.

Probably but that scene is composed of multiple cells.

OPs is an iconic scene for sure but it's not exactly the sort of thing you can display. Or tell anyone you own.

I can hear myself trying to explain to someone why I have an original animation cell of a girl being choked and I just can't do that.

Even people that are into Eva would think that's weird.

It's only 3 weeks pay delivering pizzas where I'm from, sounds like a bargain to me OP. Do it.

only the arm moves in the scene, More likely than not there's probably only one frame of them together

OP here, would this be a better choice?

Certainly would look much better framed than the first

>It's pretty stellar grab concidering It's international asking price is 5k
Then you should suspect it being a fake

ghibli cels can ask for that price depending on the shot, doesnt seem to far fetched

I bought it. Thanks OP

no the choking one is awesome don't listen to that fag

no regerts
I haven't spent that much yet but I will if I find a really nice cell

*cel
top idiot

Pay for it with a credit card and do a charge back if its fake. Paypal will ban you forever but who cares. You could even dispute it with paypal first if you have the time to burn.

I don't really have any desire for original cels, but I get the appeal. I'm fine with rare merchandise when I can find good deals. Lain relevant, I got BOOTLEG for near release price. No original stickers with it though.

That is a repo you faggot.

>spending 1500 bucks for a low quality meme

why not

no, there is repos out there but if youve looked long enough you know the shots. Theres one in particular at the moment with giga rei bleeding that is listed on three separate sites

Animation cels are fucking expensive. I saw one for $300 for the SF2 movie the other day and that's not nearly as sought after. Is it the highest form of buyfagging or devotion to a series?

You can align the cels up aswell once you’ve got them. The market is very small so repos aren’t that bad for now

who needs a cel when you can waifu2x something twice

Buy it, and buy some crypto while you’re at it

>crypto
tripfags are still unabashedly showing off their retarded opinions, I see

It’s in a down period, it’s a great time to buy

Animation cels are more of an art investment. They can appreciate in value and don't lose any unless the series falls out of favor.

>evacancer
not even once

I wish this was bannable

Praising garbage as if it was hot shit? Same. Your thread is awful by the way, kill yourself.

That fucking picture is worth more than my car If only all my reaction images were worth this much.

cels are original production props whether you disagree or not. Thats like saying a storm trooper helmet from empire strike bsck should be worth five bucks or even a disney cel for that matter. Its seen on or viewable on a show its worth something. Welcome to pop culture