Sup Forums hasn't been good since 2005 so I normally don't take Sup Forums recommendations, but this shit is worth

Sup Forums hasn't been good since 2005 so I normally don't take Sup Forums recommendations, but this shit is worth.

You've redeemed yourself, Sup Forums. Be proud.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=soeJfc0_iG4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing happens

Komi-san can bring any user together this time of year.
Also have you read Kaguya-sama at all? If you like heartwarming romcoms its similar quality to Komi-san from the mangaka who did instant Bullet

>Kaguya-sama
Okay i got through the first chapter. The main characters seems like assholes.... does that change?

How it this shit worth it? It's slow as shit, goes nowhere and devotes entire chapter to characters we don't care about.

Yes the entire manga shows them transitioning from cold, calculative demons to insanely lustful loveable idiots who act like they fell for each other but havent realized it yet they're also not terrible people which shows once you get past the first couple volumes to the fireworks arc and the school elections arc

>rape
>nothing

Just enjoy it, user, it's pretty good for this time of the year.
Also, I think that it's too pure for this site

No, that's Kaguya.

It's hilarious, keep reading

I'll never understand the bias some people have for this series. I've been following it since the beginning of the tl's, and it's really cute and all, but it's hardly any better than any other romcom there. The manga isn't moving anywhere and just keeps teasing you with cute moments. The characters are all ridiculous caricatures, while the MC is the only one with a bit of depth (ironically). In terms of writing and likeable characters it doesn't have shit on something like Kaguya for example.

Meant for

I like Komi because there's is next to no drama, and Komi is one of the cutest girl around.

I like Kaguya too but goddamn it really is fucking slow. I know nothing much happens in Komi-san too but Kaguya actually had a big moment in the summer firework arc that ended up with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and nothing about any of the two main characters changed a bit in the 100+ chapters.

>ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and nothing about any of the two main characters changed a bit in the 100+ chapters
We're not reading the same manga then, apparently.

You go ahead and tell me what character development either of them had since chapter 1. I guarantee you are either overestimating it or making it up.

>not enjoying both
Go away

Their entire approach about making each other fall in love has changed. In the first few chapters it's nothing more than two geniuses with an inflated ego trying to outwit each other, as opposed to now where they're merely trying make one notice the other and not give in to their temptation. It's not just interaction between those two, Kaguya is also essentially a different person from who she was in the first chapter. She opened up to Ishigami and showed that her friendship with the stuco is one of her most valued things. Prez has completely fallen from grace and doesn't really try to hide behind the facade of being a flawless genius anymore and seeks Fujiwara's help without shame.

Should I go on?

also best boy Ishigami

What did she mean by this? Does she not like Tadano?

Tadano has a first name you know.

no she likes hank

Does it start with an H?

Right, she wants a different H.

actually, Sup Forums hasn't been good since December 31, 2004. i would know since i've been here longer than you. get your facts straight.

Htadano

It's so goddamn obvious, user
It's He-Tadano

Reminder for that user, Kishi-chan is an M

>those anons that didnt live fireworks with Sup Forums

man what a shame for them.

she hasnt been introduced and we already lost her to the dark side, fuck me.

Is that like a childhood friend of Komisan or something that hasn't shown up in the manga?

Yeah, Aka has done a great job with Kaguya as a series. It hits the right middle ground between an episodic story, and maintaining character growth within that structure. Having a strong side cast also helps keep interactions interesting and funny when necessary.

Why the fuck are you faggots bumping a request thread?

OP enjoy your ban.

I also like how certain things arent just a "one episode" thing and actually carry on the serie, like Kaguya and her hand trick.

That's the kind of stuff I mean. That could have just been a one off gimmick but instead has appeared a couple times. It's the little details but they add value.

Hitohito Tadano

It's pic related

Isn't that Satou?

The best parts are how she gets fucked over whenever someone interrupts it.

Is this what a speedreader looks like?

how many episodes-worth of content would a Komi-san anime have at this point

giving that 2 background girls have already been presented as being friends with Komi withouth showing how they become friends, probably.

I dont think is even a speedreader and more a edgelord trying no to like a manga.

Answer is obvious when you think about it.

Hvending machine?

yes

24 maybe

He's a proper support unit now.

If you are reading Kaguya for the romance you are utterly retarded. Kaguya is comedy first, second and third before being a young love story.

Most rom-coms have a romance plot with comedy to help lighten up the mood and make it fun. Kaguya uses the romance as nothing more than a frame for the comedy. Faggots like you will ruin the manga by trying to turn it into the next Gintama, where all the comedy is replaced with "serious" arcs.

>"serious" arcs
>in a romcom
What?

Good to see he's moving up in the world.

The serious arcs are from gintama. I guess the equivalent would be the Fireworks and President election arcs in Kaguya. Its just a meme term to describe a comedy author trying his hand at something serious across multiple chapters.

Kaguya has always been shifting between a comedic and a serious tone, and it's not just about the romance. That's what sets apart from a pure gag manga like Komi-san and actually allows for things like character development.

Nah you're confused. Kaguya has serious moments but only three serious arcs, two of which were pretty mediocre.
Kaguya started as a comedy and is becoming more and more lame with this "character development" arcs. Fireworks was great but the President election was terrible and the school festival was just alright but only because Aka decided to barely focus on the drama.
You ship faggots have plenty of romance series but Japan makes nearly no good comedy.

I don't ship anything, but I like the manga for the fact that it actually tries taking things somewhere and is not just dancing around square one to make this a never-ending comedy manga.

I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly, but I'm sure glad you're not in charge, because the result would fucking suck.

KOMI DAD SPOKE

It's kinda cute, but I dropped it after the flashback showing Komi was so quiet because she was sexually abused as a kid.

Felt out of place with the rest of the manga. Similar to that annoying yandere girl.

>result would fucking suck
Says this retard. Just look at the biggest fall from grace, Gintama for why forcing character drama turns your manga to shit. They are killing off well loved characters, they are in what they call their "final arc" and they are selling like shit because people lost interest.

There are quite a few good manga that may develop characters but its only as a natural result of the comedy and stay true to their main appeal. Nozaki, Saiki and Watamote to name a few.
There are almost no good rom-coms that use serious arcs to develop their characters.

I want to go on a date with Kishi-san!

She later rapes Tadano while he's unconscious. Shit's disgusting 2bh

LUL, I love how people always think that you need some serious and sad backstory to have character development.

Nah, Komi didn't move at all as a character since the beginning. Ishigami did in a span of 3 chapters. Natural character development.

but gintama is not a romcom

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about in relationship to this series. Kaguya has set everything up from the start. How do you think they're gonna resolve the whole dispute that Kaguya has with her family, specifically her dad? Drama and serious arcs are inevitable. And so far the only thing the series has been doing wrong is the pacing, which was inevitable due to its success.

Criticizing something for the mere possibility of something going wrong is the strangest shit I've ever seen.

Gintama is a comedy first, before samurai manga. Kaguya is a comedy first, before a romance manga.

>ywn be Komi's mom
this is just unfair

Please, the President arc was absolutely terrible. You must of just caught up to the series because everyone on Sup Forums hated it and many decided that was their drop off point. The point is this is a comedy and should stay as one first, with serious arcs occurring very sparsely.

If you knew gintama, assclass or others than you would know how a fun comedy series can turn into something with almost no comedy chapters spanning years because authors become obsessed with forcing character development. Clearly you are a romance fag first, so you have no idea of comedy outside romcoms.

I've been following it since before it switched magazines.
>The point is this is a comedy and should stay as one first
>HEY HERE'S WHAT I THINK IT SHOULD BE
Man you're such a fucking assclown. Aka has been showing the parallels to the writing still in IB since the very fucking beginning. This is just fucking pointless.
>because everyone on Sup Forums hated it and many decided that was their drop off point
And now you're making shit up too. Great.

>Their entire approach about making each other fall in love has changed
No

>s opposed to now where they're merely trying make one notice the other and not give in to their temptation
This is literally the same thing. You're just arguing about presentation.

> Kaguya is also essentially a different person from who she was in the first chapter
There's more emphasis on her dere side but that's it. She didn't develop a lot, you just get to see new sides of her, that she already had.

>She opened up to Ishigami
Cool, why are you bringing Ishigami into this when I was clearly speaking about the relation between Prez and Kaguya?

>and showed that her friendship with the stuco is one of her most valued things
Yeah that's nice, but that's still minor because she never really started as the cold Kaguya you occasionnaly see in flashbacks, and it doesn't make her develop her interactions with Prez.

>Prez has completely fallen from grace
Cool headcanon

>and doesn't really try to hide behind the facade of being a flawless genius anymore and seeks Fujiwara's help without shame.
What marvelous character devlopment used for like 4/5 comedy chapters

Oh, fuck you, I clearly said that I liked Kaguya next post.

Bottom line is that you can literally take any of the early chapters scenario and see for yourself that it still fits perfectly the dynamics between current Prez and Kaguya.

>everyone on Sup Forums hated it and many decided that was their drop off point
What are you even talking about, Sup Forums loved that arc. The only reason it dropped off was because shortly afterwards we got news about licensing and jag stopped, putting an end to Kaguya thursdays.

>because everyone on Sup Forums hated it and many decided that was their drop off point.
>dumps threads are still going strong
>probably one of the most popular manga that doesnt have a anime on Sup Forums right now

you are talking bullshit user.

Read what this guy says
Clearly your fanfiction tier writing is more "HEY HERE's WHAT I THINK IT SHOULD BE" than me.

Retards like you is why we're stuck with 400 chapters of will they won't they bullshit, a kiss on cheek in chapter 399 and an epilogue.

Hang yourself.

I know you've probably already stuck your own head too far up your own ass, but this conversation was originally about Kaguya handling ""development"" in relation to Komi-san. Go on to try to pretend you won because you limited the criteria to "development between Kaguya and Shirogane"

He already did, back in his intro chapter I think. He asked Komi-san about school.

>jag stopped

the translation wars that happen shorty after were terrible, thankfully they stopped.

Well ofcourse now because it ended. The current chapters are excellet and people are coming back into the fold and new people are coming too thanks to Viz hype.

Samefag. Nice try shipping faggot but you should stick to your shoujo shit. Clearly you care about that more than the comedy if that's all a 400 chapter series means to you.

>assclown #1 uses assclown #2 to reinforce his own position
Forget about Komi-san and Kaguya, this right here is comedy gold.

>Go on to try to pretend you won because you limited the criteria to "development between Kaguya and Shirogane"

>and nothing about any of the two main characters changed a bit in the 100+ chapters

Oh, but I guess it's my fault, because you started arguing about a completely different subject on your own, and then pretend I'm wrong when I literally never commented on half the shit you said in the first place?

I actually dropped it for a bit because of the scanlation wars. I'm glad they're over.

Oh yeah, we can't have comedy and romance with actual development, nu-huh, our brain couldn't handle it.

You were responding to my post, and I backed up what I meant in my original post. I couldn't care less what the hell you reduced the argument to.

Your psychological trick has backfired.

YEAH A WILD DUMPIRE

That's a looooong time of "not being good".

>Bottom line is that you can literally take any of the early chapters scenario and see for yourself that it still fits perfectly the dynamics between current Prez and Kaguya.
Not really though. Like in the beginning it was purely both parties trying to get the other to cave in but now both sides are actually trying to get their own feelings across. The dynamic has changed both for them and for the people around them, we even have a new face in the mix.

I stopped going to the dumps thread and just read it on my manga site of choice, but yeah, they were horrible.

>this ended
>scanlation group pick up bird cafe

I love those guys

>you reduced the argument to.
The very first post that started this argument only talks about the relationship between Kaguya and Shirogane. That's it. Everything else you say is just stuff that might be true but has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I mean it's not even up to debate, I'm not saying any of the stuff you said is wrong, i'm just saying, you can't just talk about a bunch of irrelevant things and then act offended when people points out it wasn't the subject.

Oooh, is that why chapters are being done all of a sudden? That's great.

This is my all-time favourite romance manga, it's so fucking great.

Love Roma and Henshin Ganbou are close seconds though.

i sadly wasn't around for those threads as i picked up the series a bit after that arc however i was here for the star watching chapter thread which was fucking amazing

> the President election was terrible and the school festival was just alright
Neither of those were really romance-focused, though. They were just drama about people's personal problems.

>You ship faggots have plenty of romance series but Japan makes nearly no good comedy.
Romance and comedy are both common as fuck and are both plagued by generic by-the-numbers stuff, there's really no difference.

This would be tricky to adapt, what's Sup Forums take on this? I Think having narrator-kun speak komi's thoughts would be fitting. I think they would fuck up panels cuz they have too many things happening at once

i've seen so many people saying to read jitsu wa. is the story really worth it? i've heard the ending makes it worth it, but i also don't want to read 200 chapters of shit for a good ending

It has quick and periodical payoffs. Ain't no status quo brakes on that train.

it was a complete and total ride, just in one chapter

youtube.com/watch?v=soeJfc0_iG4

JWWW is, for me, as far from 'shit' as i've seen a manga get, I goddamn adore it. It gets better as it goes, but if its strikes the right chord with you you'll be hooked the whole time like most who read and recommend it.